2017 has eerily similarities to 2013

Jets0712

I read an article in the ny post yesterday I believe it was Costello.. he made some good points on how this jets team reminds him of 2013.. all the pundits predicted us to be the worst team in the league.. just like this year. Geno was our starter. Hack hopefully will be ours. Some dead weight was cut in that off-season just like this. Out best receiver was J Kerley. I believe we do have better than that this year. D should be improved. We went on to go 8-8 that year win one lose one win one lose one all season. I know our fan base a lot of us want to tank and get our franchise qb I definitely hear that.. and I know 8-8 is not good enough for playoffs and def not good enough for that coveted draft pick. But what about 8-8 with hack showing promise.would we take that??????

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The 8-8 year was a total aberration and the team and many people failed to recognize that, that team was on merit about a 4 win team.  It cost the Jets a few more years of Rex Ryan.

In that year they won two games on he last play by the other team essentially handing them game and wee totally destroyed in almost every loss and gave up an outrageous number of big plays and big play scores.

The 8-8 year was a total aberration and the team and many people failed to recognize that, that team was on merit about a 4 win team.  It cost the Jets a few more years of Rex Ryan.
In that year they won two games on he last play by the other team essentially handing them game and wee totally destroyed in almost every loss and gave up an outrageous number of big plays and big play scores.

True

If you have followed this team long enough, you should have noticed by now that they have the WEIRD pattern of SUCKING when they are expected to be better and improved from their previous "successful" year   (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2014, 2016) and are surprisingly competitive and overachieve when they are deemed to be a bottom feeder  heading into that season (1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2013, 2015).

So . . . . put the house on the Jets reaching the OVER on wins expected this year. And Take it to the Bank!:)

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

If you have followed this team long enough, you should have noticed by now that they have the WEIRD pattern of SUCKING when they are expected to be better and improved from their previous "successful" year   (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2014, 2016) and are surprisingly competitive and overachieve when they are deemed to be a bottom feeder  heading into that season (1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2013, 2015).

So . . . . put the house on the Jets reaching the OVER on wins expected this year. And Take it to the Bank!:)

Very true. 

22 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

True

22 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

True

21 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

True

Theee... ... ... Tri-Tri-Triple Post Folks.... Congrats... to you and all the fans that have watched. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

a total aberration?! a total aberration would be something like 12-4 or 4-12. 8-8 in the NFL virtually any team has the possibility of reaching. The Jets reached 8-8 before at least twice and it was about the same: crap team, played well for the coach (in the case of Bill Parcells). the 10-6 year with Ryan Fitzpatrick was a total aberration.

And, of course, the other part is incorrect as well. It cost the Jets ONE additional year of Rex Ryan, not "a few more".

4 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

I read an article in the ny post yesterday I believe it was Costello.. he made some good points on how this jets team reminds him of 2013.. all the pundits predicted us to be the worst team in the league.. just like this year. Geno was our starter. Hack hopefully will be ours. Some dead weight was cut in that off-season just like this. Out best receiver was J Kerley. I believe we do have better than that this year. D should be improved. We went on to go 8-8 that year win one lose one win one lose one all season. I know our fan base a lot of us want to tank and get our franchise qb I definitely hear that.. and I know 8-8 is not good enough for playoffs and def not good enough for that coveted draft pick. But what about 8-8 with hack showing promise.would we take that??????

This is collectively the most simple, amnesiac fan base in all of sports.

we were much better coached in 2003, if I had any confidence in Bowles I would think we could compete but I have no confidence in him.  we should have a good D, the OL is decent, we have good RBs, good WRs.  we should be able to compete in most games but we need Bowles to be much better.

4 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

It really depends on how the 2018 QB draft class plays out, how well they do.

But I was thinking the other day, what if we win week one and look really sharp. Do we say, "Hell yeah, let's keep it going!"? 

Or do we not fall for the wolf in the granny suit and stay focused on Darnold?

Archived