#JetsCamp Updates - Day One - Sat 07/29/17

Maxman

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

So in the post practice presser when Bowlesis asked "if this is a total QB competition, why did McCown receive as many reps as the other two combined?"  Will he go with 

A)  He gives us the best chance to win

B   It's the first day of camp it will balance out

C)  Huh?  I didn't notice

How about he goes with its day one, first practice, it means nothing?  

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Normally I'm torn over great defensive plays because it usually means the offense screwed up.  But this year, I'm rooting for the defense to annihilate McCown and for Hack or even Petty to light them up.  I want there to be no possible excuse for McCown to start.  Once the season starts, he can be the best backup in the league if he wants to as long as he never plays.

We'll all 3 played against the same defense and it sounds like Hack was the best of the 3.  Good start.

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

So in the post practice presser when Bowlesis asked "if this is a total QB competition, why did McCown receive as many reps as the other two combined?"  Will he go with 

A)  He gives us the best chance to win

B   It's the first day of camp it will balance out

C)  Huh?  I didn't notice

B. It will balance out but you'll only see McCown practice because I'm David Blaine Street Magician

Just now, flgreen said:

Big ?: We're all here to win. Says he got in great shape this offseason with MMA training.

Saw a picture of him the other day and was gonna write about how much leaner he looks this year.  His size hasn't really changed but the muscle to fat ratio is much improved.

And on the first day of the Jets' QB competition ... no one stood out. Josh McCown (9-for-12, 22 rep) worked exclusively with the starters and threw a bad interception. Christian Hackenberg (4-for-9, 14 reps) didn't have any turnovers, but he missed a couple of throws he should've made. Bryce Petty (6-for-9, 12 reps) was picked off on a deflected pass. Chances are, they will rotate early in camp, as the Jets try to figure this out.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_R

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There is no better way to reach out to your organization's majority adult alpha male demo than by incorporating emojis into the official team social media updates. 

Screenshot_20170729-164913~2.png

Boi.

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Huh?

I can't speak for Hack or any other QB that wears a glove but, when I played, if there was any form of weather difference (humidity, rain, snow, wind, anything) I personally wore one on my non-throwing hand (right).  I don't know if it was placebo (probably) but it felt like it helped me get a stronger grip on the ball (lol).  Probably just a comfort thing for him.

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Lucky Whitehead said he never really got an explanation from Cowboys for his release. #Jets

I'll sum it up for him:

"Zeke did some reeeeeealllllly stupid sh*t that's making us look bad but you were accused of something that you didn't do and we have to make an example of you for it because Zeke is a star".

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'll sum it up for him:

"Zeke did some reeeeeealllllly stupid sh*t that's making us look bad but you were accused of something that you didn't do and we have to make an example of you for it because Zeke is a star".

Actually I think the Boys figured out he kidnapped his own dog

26 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

You know what Hackenberg and Michael Jackson have in common?  They both where a glove for no apparent reason.  I'm here all week folks.

Also, both operated beneath the shroud of pedophilia investigations. <rimshot> <bike horn sound>

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Normally I'm torn over great defensive plays because it usually means the offense screwed up.  But this year, I'm rooting for the defense to annihilate McCown and for Hack or even Petty to light them up.  I want there to be no possible excuse for McCown to start.  Once the season starts, he can be the best backup in the league if he wants to as long as he never plays.

But McCown gives us the best chance to win.

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, both operated beneath the shroud of pedophilia investigations. <rimshot> <bike horn sound>

One is known as the Prince of Pop , with the way reporters talk about the Jets talent the other could be called the Prince of Poop.

One has a son called blanket , the other one Jet fans want to throw a wet blanket over, 

Archived