Falcons-Jets-Denver in a 3-way deal

Smizzy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5433076

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Posted: 7 minutes ago

Disgruntled defensive end John Abraham may finally have been traded to the team he was hoping, albeit not in the trade route that was expected.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Falcons, Broncos and Jets swung a three-way trade Tuesday in order to make the deal happen that would get Abraham to the Falcons. The deal is also still be reviewed by the league office and all parties are waiting for approval.

If the trade is approved, then the Falcons have traded their first-round pick (No. 15 overall) to the Broncos, which traded their first-rounder (No. 29) and two additional picks to Atlanta. The Falcons then send the 29th pick of the draft to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets thus receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seahawks were able to offer.

Abraham also told FOXSports.com several days ago that he had agreed to the financial parameters of a deal with the Falcons and insisted that was the primary team he wanted to play for.

Abraham also talked glowingly about the opportunity to play on a defense with the likes of fellow Pro Bowl defensive end Patrick Kerney as well as Pro Bowler players Keith Booking, DeAngelo Hall and Rod Coleman. Abraham also balked at the idea of moving to the Northwest to play in Seattle.

All three teams must get league approval before the trade becomes validated.

Jets | Abraham traded in three-team deal

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:56:32 -0800

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/14">Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer.

:Typotux::cheers:

Holy cow, this is on KFFL now!! Im assuming this is real??

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer.

The highest other offer was the 31st pick. We got the best possible offer that was out there. What's the problem?

Its probably the best possible thing we could have done, but the Falcons got the better end of the deal in this, by far.

Holy cow, this is on KFFL now!! Im assuming this is real??

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer.

Scroll up for the article doodyhead.

So what are we now cap-wise with Abe gone? (Figure Dwight to be about $1M even cap-wise I guess & I don't know how much for Kimo)

Per Adam Shefter on Nfl network 2 minutes ago, the following has been proposed:

• Atlanta sends their 15th overall pick to Denver for Denver's 29th overall pick, 3rd round, and 4th round picks, then
  • Jets trade Abe to Atlanta for the 29th overall pick

Abe did not really want to be here and Mangini obviously thought he was not the guy to build a defense around- 29th pick is not the greatest but at least a good player will be there for our pick

What are the 2 picks that Denver gave on top of the 29th overall?

Though I saw somewhere it was rumored to be a 2nd in '06 and '07. It would add up almost perfectly using that value chart.

Atlanta's #15 pick = 1050

Denver's #29 pick = 640

Denver's #61 pick = 292

Denver's #93 pick = 128 (value of Denver's 2007 2nd-rounder)

TOTAL = 1060

Though I saw somewhere it was rumored to be a 2nd in '06 and '07. It would add up almost perfectly using that value chart.

Atlanta's #15 pick = 1050

Denver's #29 pick = 640

Denver's #61 pick = 292

Denver's #93 pick = 128 (value of Denver's 2007 2nd-rounder)

TOTAL = 1060

Adam Schefter reported that it is Denver's 3rd and 4th rounder.

I know it is the best offer Jets have ever heard but come on. ABE was the mid 1st rounder and had gone to pro bowl almost every year.. Jets get 29th overall selection... That sucks.

I rather to keep ABe instead.. Oh man.

Abe was worth neither $8.3M for one year nor a $50M+ contract with a SB in the $15-18M range.

The way I see it is that of the first 36 picks we have 3 picks.

Plus besides our 3rd pick there may be a 3rd comp pick for Jordan.

Plus we have 2 picks in the 4th.

If we don't trade up for a QB there is a chance to get a lot of value

with all those picks and start rebuilding the Jets.

I agree with those who feel that we got the best we could for ABe given

the demand for him kind of dried up in recent days.

I'm hoping the Jets don't something stupid now and use this pick and the #4 pick to move up...STAY WHERE THE **** YOU ARE!!!

Any chance of Mangold being there at 29? Would love to see D'brick and Mangold in the first round.

I agree. I am also worried that the Jets will now use the 4th pick on Mario Williams and then draft offensive line help at 29. If it means you are pidgeon-holed into drafting Williams in the top five because Abe is gone, then why the **** trade Abraham in the first place? If the team is bad enough to get a top five pick, you use it to fill a hole with an impact player. You don't create a new hole and then blow your ridiculously high draft pick on patching it up.

As for Mangold, he should be there at 29, but it seems like the Jets are high on Norm Katnik.

Ok...it's done.

So who thinks they will use both of their #1's to trade up for Leinert?

what do you mean its done..?????

they did it or just talkin about it??

im confused...are we getting anything else besides the 29th???

I actually think this is good because assuming the Vikings' offer (our #4 for their #17, #48 & #51) is true we can pull off the following

1st Round: #17 & #29

2nd Round: #35, #49 & #50

I would take Gabe Watson at #17, Demeco Ryans at #29, Max Gene Gilles at #35 and Sinorese Moss at #49.

Adam Schefter reported that it is Denver's 3rd and 4th rounder.

Then what was all that BS from Atlanta that their 2nd & 3rd has more "chart" value than their #15 pick. Then they go & make a trade for even lower chart value:

1(22) #29 = 640

3(29) #93 = 128

4(29) #125 = 47

----------

total = 815

Atlanta's 1(15) pick valued at 1050

Trade advantage = Denver +235 = value of our 3(7) pick

Denver moves up from #29 to #15 for VERY late 3rd & 4th;

We get a first rounder for Abe better than the Seattle offer;

Atlanta gets Abe for 1(15), 3(29), and 4(29)

Did they even ask us if we'd take 1(15) for Abe + our 3rd-rounder?

Archived