Thomas discusses being sent home

JETSorDIE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I probably would have let him get all the way to practice before making an example out of him too. Again, everyone else on the team apparantly looked at the weather report and got up early.

exactly,,get up early,,these turds think they can get up at same time and make a call and all is well,,

since all 50 of the other people got up early then it looks like there are 4 clowns who dont have common sense

I'm with you on this ALK, I'm in the military and I know if I'm late (doesn't matter if there's a cat 5 hurricane) I could only wish I would be sent home early as a punishment... F these pre-Madonnas, get to work on time, no excuses, end of story. ....and I make **** money.

potw

exactly,,get up early,,these turds think they can get up at same time and make a call and all is well,,

since all 50 of the other people got up early then it looks like there are 4 clowns who dont have common sense

you lived in NE and you know that conditions are different sometimes

as little as 3 miles away, Sometimes your roads are not plowed first,

sh1t happens, thomas did call ahead and said he would be a little late

it ended up being 9 minutes.

I think BB sent him home because of his play on field, the snow was

just a good excuse to send him home

Moss has been coasting as well lately....

Being late for a meeting, regardless your job, regardless your status shows a general lack of disinterest in what you are doing, and shows that you are comfortable in how you are doing it.

When I hold a meeting, the door closes two minutes after the meeting was scheduled to start. If you have something more important to do, or you can't plan your time in order to show up on time, fine. We get that our meeting is not a priority for you. Get notes from someone else, and we appreciate your lack of wanting to involve yourself with the group.

Being late for a meeting, regardless your job, regardless your status shows a general lack of disinterest in what you are doing, and shows that you are comfortable in how you are doing it.

When I hold a meeting, the door closes two minutes after the meeting was scheduled to start. If you have something more important to do, or you can't plan your time in order to show up on time, fine. We get that our meeting is not a priority for you. Get notes from someone else, and we appreciate your lack of wanting to involve yourself with the group.

WOW.............

I do not think i have beem in a meeting where everyone is on time, and

most people just call in and do not attend in person.

WOW.............

I do not think i have beem in a meeting where everyone is on time, and

most people just call in and do not attend in person.

If call in allowed, just call in on time.

Are we supposed to allow YOU to waste our time, just because you can't manage your time effectively?

I work in an industry where time and discipline are crucial to success.

If call in allowed, just call in on time.

Are we supposed to allow YOU to waste our time, just because you can't manage your time effectively?

I work in an industry where time and discipline are crucial to success.

Yet you've managed to fit 8,000 posts into your day. Go figure.

Pretty amusing watching Patsie fans cheer on Belly here.

The guy called prior, let his boss know that he was going to be late because of the weather. It happens.

I hope the wheels come off, so Im enjoying Belly acting like a moron.

When did he call? 7:59?

Granted, we do not know all of the details of the situation, but it is pretty damming when 95% of the team can make it on time.

It shows a lack of respect to the coaches, his fellow players and tyhe team. It also shows a a general lack of professionalism.

Notice, Belichcik kept it between Coach and player. AD was whining to the press.

Like you've never been late for work before in your life. Sending someone home who is still getting paid is not a punishment. It is silly beyond belief. They should sit him too. This way he gets his millions to do nothing.

That was the only thing I did not agree with.

Yeah, but he didn't bench Brady though.

Brady was not late. :rolleyes:

I'm with you on this ALK, I'm in the military and I know if I'm late (doesn't matter if there's a cat 5 hurricane) I could only wish I would be sent home early as a punishment... F these pre-Madonnas, get to work on time, no excuses, end of story. ....and I make **** money.

Word.

I think civilians cannot grasp the conecpt of and need for accountability.

My rule was you need to be standing in formation 10 minutes prior to it. Otherwise, you owe me. And you owe me big time. That was my one petpeeve. I hate lateness. It shows a lack of discipline and respect.

you lived in NE and you know that conditions are different sometimes as little as 3 miles away, Sometimes your roads are not plowed first, sh1t happens, thomas did call ahead and said he would be a little late it ended up being 9 minutes.

I think BB sent him home because of his play on field, the snow was

just a good excuse to send him home

Moss has been coasting as well lately....

When did he call? If you have an 8 o'clock meeting, and remember this is a team, not a corporate meeting were things might be looser, you are there 5 minutes early. You are not walking in with mittens and hat on.

Plan ahead. Especially in New England where weather is much worse, you need to be a big boy and plan ahead to be there early enough just in case.

When did he call? 7:59?

Granted, we do not know all of the details of the situation, but it is pretty damming when 95% of the team can make it on time.

It shows a lack of respect to the coaches, his fellow players and tyhe team. It also shows a a general lack of professionalism.

Notice, Belichcik kept it between Coach and player. AD was whining to the press.

That was the only thing I did not agree with.

Brady was not late. :rolleyes:

Word.

I think civilians cannot grasp the conecpt of and need for accountability.

My rule was you need to be standing in formation 10 minutes prior to it. Otherwise, you owe me. And you owe me big time. That was my one petpeeve. I hate lateness. It shows a lack of discipline and respect.

When did he call? If you have an 8 o'clock meeting, and remember this is a team, not a corporate meeting were things might be looser, you are there 5 minutes early. You are not walking in with mittens and hat on.

Plan ahead. Especially in New England where weather is much worse, you need to be a big boy and plan ahead to be there early enough just in case.

Never mind the fact that at Mondays meetings BB laid the gauntlet down stating that the team has to work harder and put in the time that was necessary to win on Sundays.

LOL

"All we are saying is give peace a chance:

If they sent home all our fellow employees for being late to a meeting,

who would be left?

so different.

If we were told that being late had fines etc, then we would all be on time..

Football meetings have these as preset criteria, everyone knows that. Everyone.

Someone comes in late you make them stay extra, especially when they don't get paid overtime. Letting him go home to nap isn't a punishment.

so NOT true for pros..they all are wealthy,,only thing coaches have on them is embarrasment,,Parcells used to say 'only thing i can use against them is yelling at them on national TV, its only thing that motivates most of them'

Ok add the snow into equation....

haha

thay all knew ,,get up early,,its called being a adult..

if they didnt they are morons for not looking at forecast every night since they knew there are reprcussions for being late.

and whats this HUGE snow??

Providence Journal said it was 'slushy conditions' :confused:

haha

thay all knew ,,get up early,,its called being a adult..

if they didnt they are morons for not looking at forecast every night since they knew there are reprcussions for being late.

and whats this HUGE snow??

Providence Journal said it was 'slushy conditions' :confused:

My point..they were sent home cause there play suked

snow was just an excuse to get them out of his face

Derrick Burgess gives his answer.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass., -- Veteran defensive end Derrick Burgess addressed being sent home by coach Bill Belichick for being late to Wednesday's 8 a.m. meeting.

Asked if he was shocked by the decision, Burgess said: "Shocked is one of the words you can use, but I'm more disappointed in myself."

Asked what time he arrived, Burgess said it didn't matter.

"Late is late," he said.

Burgess said he had not been sent home since high school.

Second-year linebacker Gary Guyton answered questions from reporters Friday, but would not address being sent home Wednesday for being late to the 8 a.m. meeting. He said he would only talk about the Panthers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bostonnew-england-patriots/post/_/id/4672239/burgess-addresses-being-sent-home

obviously the majority of you have never lived in an area that gets alot of snow. any employer in a snowy area knows that you cannot force people to make it to work on time. an employee just doesn't know what they are going to come across. just this week we have had people stranded on streets for up to 24 hours in central new york. this is with only 8 inches of snow. we are expected to get 4 feet. yeah, you could make it, if you want to kill someone.

obviously the majority of you have never lived in an area that gets alot of snow. any employer in a snowy area knows that you cannot force people to make it to work on time. an employee just doesn't know what they are going to come across. just this week we have had people stranded on streets for up to 24 hours in central new york. this is with only 8 inches of snow. we are expected to get 4 feet. yeah, you could make it, if you want to kill someone.

You got me. The midwest has never been known for snowstorms. :rl:

so NOT true for pros..they all are wealthy,,only thing coaches have on them is embarrasment,,Parcells used to say 'only thing i can use against them is yelling at them on national TV, its only thing that motivates most of them'

Sending him home isn't an embarrassment. Making him the towel boy for an extra hour of practice the whole team has to go through because he was late is an embarrassment.

Archived