Other Sports

NBA, NHL, UFC, Boxing, Nascar and everything else goes here!

3,558 topics in this forum

1. This weeks Bracketology

• 10 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. John Chaney...

• 6 replies
  3. Almost March...

• 9 replies
    • 14 replies
  4. Sixers get Jamal Mashburn

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
  5. ?

• 11 replies
  6. Jeremy Roenick

• 18 replies
  7. New Jersey Nets

• 8 replies
  8. Knicks-Spurs-Rockets trade

• 1 reply
    • 8 replies
  9. Rangers vs Flyers

• 8 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 7 replies
  10. New York Knicks

• 2 replies
  11. All Start Game

• 12 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 0 replies
  12. Yao's Mom

• 2 replies
    • I'm very excited, and I'm someone who did not want an OL in the 1st. Like the pick or not, I can admit that Olu solves a long-term need.  He's also a guy who has been hyped as a top prospect for over a year, and is one of maybe two guys in this draft who will without a doubt stick at LT.  From everything I've read as well he seems like a high character kid, which is something they put a lot of weight toward when deciding on these kids.  Not the most exciting pick for 2024, but definitely a great "big picture" selection. Corley will most likely be the biggest immediate impact pick.  On paper he is probably the perfect WR for this team, if you were looking at the depth chart as Garrett-Williams-_____-Lazard.  He's going to be fun to watch. The RBs are both exciting prospects, with Allen being a guy I've been eyeing for a while now.  If you walk away with a high-end #2 with just one of these guys, I'd call it a win.   Travis might be my favorite pick.  He's a dude I was looking at as a 2nd rounder pre-injury.  I love everything about his game.  His size and his injury history dropped him to the 5th, but he seems like the type of dude who will work his ass off to prove people wrong.  Getting to learn behind Rodgers for a couple of years is also probably the best situation you could ask for as a mid-round draft pick.  Looking forward to following his development. Don't know much about the CB other than what's been said on here and on TV when we picked him, but he's at the very least an intriguing pick.  CB will be a need as early as next year, so adding another kid to the pool to develop is smart.  Between him and JBC, hopefully you see at least one of them take that next step.  Another kid I'm looking forward to watching.   Curious to see what we do with the last pick.  No matter what I'm not expecting much, but I do expect every guy we've taken so far to make the final squad.  Even if we add a veteran RB, my guess is Izzy is the one who gets pushed out.  Time will tell though.  Overall a successful draft I'd say.  Well done JD. 
    • I do think drafting 2 RBs is bizarre and completely ridiculous. But if the Jets draft a receiver and he gets beat out by Brownlee then it’s a wasted pick and it’s panic because “JD can’t draft a receiver to replace a UDFA.” 
    • My point is basically that the QB factory thing makes good sense usually (although I’m less convinced of it; there’s a lot of evidence that there’s basically no percentage in taking a QB outside the top 15). It makes less sense this year because we (presumably) have a QB and because said QB is 40, so we really need to be plowing resources into winning now, which in fact is exactly what we’ve been doing up until this draft started, and especially today.
  • Available Subscriptions