Not to make Assumption too Soon but...

TNJet

Bryan Thomas has somehow managed to stay around for another year. Calvin Pace also sucks.

RE: BT

ya know how Westerman and Garrett MacIntyre got absolutely burned by RB coming out of the backfield? BT can cover those players. He's a 260 pounder that still runs a 4.45 and that's very rare indeed.

RE: Pace

he's their best pass rusher and if he can play 16 games without getting hurt or getting busted for PED he could pop off double digit sacks. It wasn't too long ago Calvin pace was on the cover of SI serving Brady his lunch in the playoffs, in the biggest Jets win since... I don't know... super bowl III?

Bryan Thomas has somehow managed to stay around for another year. Calvin Pace also sucks.

Pace was never healthy last year. I hope that's it with him.

David Harris is the last LB the Jets drafted. I think that's part of the problem, too. They draft college DE's to become OLB projects in the 3-4, or recruit them as UDFA's. Be nice to find kids who played LB in college and bulk them up into pass rushers as well as finding pass rushers and trying to teach them how to cover.

Kenrick looked better tonight than Wilkerson in my opinion. I made a thread a few weeks ago about Ellis possibly making a bigger impact this season than Wilk and I was laughed out of the forum :D Kenrick stuffed the run, applied pressure, and even forced an int with his tipped pass in the 3rd. This cat looks like he could be a major force by mid season. Wilkerson played well dont get me wrong, but didnt stan out like Ellis did. Hopefully next game Wilk gets his game on over Ellis. They are both studs and fun to watchn no doubt. I'm fired up about how good our Dline can potentially be midway this year. Jarron Gilbert also showed light years of improvement from last year, had a few nice QB hurries tonight. :)

wilkerson played against the starters though.

ya know how Westerman and Garrett MacIntyre got absolutely burned by RB coming out of the backfield? BT can cover those players. He's a 260 pounder that still runs a 4.45 and that's very rare indeed.

he's their best pass rusher and if he can play 16 games without getting hurt or getting busted for PED he could pop off double digit sacks. It wasn't too long ago Calvin pace was on the cover of SI serving Brady his lunch in the playoffs, in the biggest Jets win since... I don't know... super bowl III?

That RB that kept burning us I thought was on the opposite side of where Thomas plays I thought. I think the Texans saw Westermann out there on one side and knew he was the DPR and exploited it continuously until Rex finally fixed it. I'm glad it happened now in preseason then deep into the season or the playoffs so we have time to fix it before the regular season starts.

Pace is our best pass rusher cause no one else has stepped up. If he gets double digit sacks I'll be happy as hell, but I think he may have already peaked. Westermann better step up.

Pace is our best pass rusher cause no one else has stepped up. If he gets double digit sacks I'll be happy as hell, but I think he may have already peaked. Westermann better step up.

last night on the play where Mauga came free, Westerman commanded a double. It didn't show up in the stat sheet but Westerman had a good game too.

Pace looked like the only one even willing to chase down the RB on those bootlegs pass to the flats. He was the only one staying home and not over pursuing.

I'm excited about our young DL, but I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of over-pursuit this year. Comes with the territory.

Not that I'm accusing you of making it up...but how on earth do you know Thomas' 40 time at this point?

My biggest issue with Pace, Thomas is they seem to stick to blocks. A geriatric Jason Taylor was our best pass rusher last season...simply due to having some semblance of moves.

last night on the play where Mauga came free, Westerman commanded a double. It didn't show up in the stat sheet but Westerman had a good game too.

I'll have to watch the game again, but I just hope as this season progresses more players step up like Westermann considering how much Rex gloated about him. Pace and Thomas aren't getting any younger.

The guy who impressed me the most as a pass rusher was #50 McIntyre. Think he had two sacks and a few pressures. Of course it was against the 2's and 3's but still. he looks like a guy to keep an eye on.

Wasn't to impressed with Westerman. Might have been judging to hard on his bad pass coverage. Hope that works out.

Don't know what all the hate for BT is all about. As Bit pointed out he is by far the Jets best coverage LB'er. It's been many years since he's run a 4.45 but he is still pretty fast for a big guy.

Magua also had a good game. I would consider giving a few of Scott's reps to him in preseason. One to keep Scott healthy, and two to see what he can do

Ellis did look beastly last night, but lets not forget that NT is one of the toughest positions to play coming straight out of college. I think Wilkerson will be fine once he gets a few games under his belt. All in all, the line was pretty solid last night.

Totally agree, I've been to 2 practices and thought the same thing there.

Ellis just has better instincts than Wilkerson right now.

That could be it...but from the film I saw of Ellis in the senior bowl game...he just seemed way more explosive, always attacking the ball. Wilkerson on film looked like a stiff.

Not calling him a stiff, but from his college film he looked more stiff than a guy that was going to wreak havoc.

Not that I'm accusing you of making it up...but how on earth do you know Thomas' 40 time at this point?

My biggest issue with Pace, Thomas is they seem to stick to blocks. A geriatric Jason Taylor was our best pass rusher last season...simply due to having some semblance of moves.

Its true I don't know Thomas' current 40 time but the evidence is there, he's great in coverage. and he's a player they could have saved cap money by cutting but they didn't, because he's still pretty damn good. Alot of times BT is in coverage while the DBs are blitzing. Rex's D asks these guys to do alot of different things, BT and Pace aren't pass rushing every down like a rush end in a 4-3.

Didn't read the whole thread but does the original poster realize Wilkerson played against starters while Ellis played against 3rd stringers?

Yes, I do..I also noticed Wilk played some snaps next to Ellis in the 3rd against 3rd stringers and still had less impact than Kenrick.

Archived