Curtis Granderson becomes first Yankee since MICKEY MANTLE to.......

Blackout

I love that even when your buttboy Ellsbury is having a career year, Granderson is still better than him in pretty much every aspect just to make you look like the ignoramus you are. Terrific.

They're both having great seasons. Why slight one just because they play for the rival? Just admit you were wrong and move on.

And Grandy will definitely get some votes for MVP. Going to be a wild one.

They're both having great seasons. Why slight one just because they play for the rival? Just admit you were wrong and move on.

And Grandy will definitely get some votes for MVP. Going to be a wild one.

Some?

C'mon....Gonzo turns out is a nice little singles hitter, and Ells is having a career year

It will come down to Ells and Grandy

Some?

C'mon....Gonzo turns out is a nice little singles hitter, and Ells is having a career year

It will come down to Ells and Grandy

A nice singles hitter? Really? Not even you can believe that. He's one of the premiere jitters in the game.

Bautista will get votes too and so will the Laser Show. Konerko will garner some. Miggy will too.

Going to be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I love that even when your buttboy Ellsbury is having a career year, Granderson is still better than him in pretty much every aspect just to make you look like the ignoramus you are. Terrific.

When you are done stroking Grandy off and wipe the man goo from your chin, go look at Grandy's numbers and explain how he is not having a career year? :rolleyes: At the age of 30. :rolleyes:

He had never hit 34 HRs or 80+ RBIs much less 90+.

Ellsbury by comparison has been getting better in each of his full seasons. His numbers have gone up every full season. BA? Up. OBP? Up. Slugging? Up. OPS? Up. 2Bs? Up. RBIs? Up.

At the age of 27, Ellsbury is continuing to get better. His numbers clearly show that.

When you are done stroking Grandy off and wipe the man goo from your chin, go look at Grandy's numbers and explain how he is not having a career year? :rolleyes: At the age of 30. :rolleyes:

Ellsbury by comparison has been getting better in each of his full seasons. His numbers have gone up every full season. BA? Up. OBP? Up. Slugging? Up. OPS? Up. 2Bs? Up. RBIs? Up.

At the age of 27, Ellsbury is continuing to get better. His numbers clearly show that.

And Granderson's career year is better than Ellsbury's career year. Thats the point.

Granderson hit 30 home runs 2 years ago, in a tougher park to hit home runs in. His RBI total is up because he was a leadoff hitter most of his career. Now he's hitting in the middle of one the best lineups in baseball.

....think why don't you

Granderson hit 30 home runs 2 years ago, in a tougher park to hit home runs in. His RBI total is up because he was a leadoff hitter most of his career. Now he's hitting in the middle of one the best lineups in baseball.

....think why don't you

I think he hit 20 of his 30 HRs on the road that year. I have never said Granderson does not have power. That is the one thing he can do.

And Granderson's career year is better than Ellsbury's career year. Thats the point.

Yeah and luck that two year blip a few years back. He will go back to being a JAG next year.

I have never once called you a piece of sh*t.

As for that post, it's an inside joke to a friend.

1-you sure??? you've come close to it

2-really? my bad I guess I didn't know that. it just made you look like you were being a jerk to him

It should be Bautista...but the writers still go by the old stats. And going by those, yeah he probably is the leader.

What?

Like HRs? Buatista. BA? Bautista. The only thing Granderson has him on is RBIs and that is more of a product of his team then him.

Bautista has him on the sabermetric side as well.

Bautista should win.

I would agree, Bautista should win if the award was "Player of the Year" but unless you blow away the rest of the field, and I'm not saying I agree with this, but the writers usually select someone who heavily contributed to a playoff team. Jose Bautista's Blue Jays are in 4th place. I see it coming down to Granderson and Gonzalez. Granderson winning because Ellsbury and Pedroia are going to take away some votes from Gonzalez.

..but since we have a little more than a month to go, a lot can change.

What?

Like HRs? Buatista. BA? Bautista. The only thing Granderson has him on is RBIs and that is more of a product of his team then him.

Bautista has him on the sabermetric side as well.

Bautista should win.

I agree with you.

If this was truly the best player award then Bautista should win it. But writers will go for Granderson. Home runs will come down to the final game barring a tear for either guy.

I would agree, Bautista should win if the award was "Player of the Year" but unless you blow away the rest of the field, and I'm not saying I agree with this, but the writers usually select someone who heavily contributed to a playoff team. Jose Bautista's Blue Jays are in 4th place. I see it coming down to Granderson and Gonzalez. Granderson winning because Ellsbury and Pedroia are going to take away some votes from Gonzalez.

..but since we have a little more than a month to go, a lot can change.

All things being equal, I do not think any Sox or Yank deserves a 1st place vote.

Neither team is overly reliant on any one player outside of CC. If a player on one of those teams deserved a MVP vote it would be CC.

All things being equal, I do not think any Sox or Yank deserves a 1st place vote.

Neither team is overly reliant on any one player outside of CC. If a player on one of those teams deserved a MVP vote it would be CC.

His record though against the Sox this year should kill that though.

Verlander would get my vote. Without him the Tigers are a below 500 club and probably not sniffing the lead in the AL Central.

To me it makes sense, but the voters won't touch him since he is a pitcher.

His record though against the Sox this year should kill that though.

Verlander would get my vote. Without him the Tigers are a below 500 club and probably not sniffing the lead in the AL Central.

To me it makes sense, but the voters won't touch him since he is a pitcher.

Totally forgot about him when I posted. You are right.

Verlander plays on a garbage team that is lucky that the rest of it's division is easy to beat up on 18x a year

That garbage team has a winning record against the Yankees, just so you know. Verlander is going to win 20 plus games and probably a Cy Young but won't be considered by the writers because he's a pitcher.

Going to be an interesting month to see how it shakes out.

Archived