Maybin, MTV waived

T0mShane

the problem with Aaron Maybin is that he's not someone you want blocking for the punt team. "long term pass rush project" is not really a roster spot

and as for MTV, the 1 game he played the Jets run defense got gashed. If he was good they wouldn't have drafted Kenrick Ellis. I love his story but he's marginal.

The problem with Aaron Maybin is that like Everette Brown better. That's it. You can't get guys off waiver claims withoutt making some cuts. They were happy enough with Maybin, but they think they can upgrade. Same thing with MTV and with Ellis and all those defensive linemen he becomes expendable.

Brown hasn't signed yet. At least as far as I know.

MTV is a surprise. Must really like what they've seen from Ellis and Dixon. Both have looked pretty good in the preseason.

Dixon is a player. I've waxed poetic on Ellis, but Marcus Dixon has stood out since he got here. He's the only DL guy off the PS that actually showed something when given playing time...

t

That seems to be true, not that I know for sure. AFAIK, he doesn't have to sign. Whichever team that is highest (lowest) on the chain that claims him gets awarded the player. There were several other players the Jets claimed and they must have liked better.

Yeah, you're right. Personally wish they kept Maybin, but I understand his limitations as a player. Would be nice to have a speed rusher instead of 5 guys that are strong at the point of the attack, but are not very agile.

This is probably the deepest our DL corps. has been in a long time. We have a lot of youth, size, and talent there.

I have been saying this for awhile. This is the deepest line rotation I can remember. They can hopefully maximize that to keep guys fresh well into the 2nd half of the year.

Archived