Gameday thread for the 1:00 and 4:00 games leading up to the Jets game tonight at 8:20.

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as meaningless as preseason is as a predictor for the season, the opener is also usually failry useless, and with this weird off season, this week 1 should just be thrown out.

with that said, LOL at sh*ttsburgh !!!! bwahahahahahahaha

No way is week one meaningless or fairly useless in any way shape or form... Getting off to a 1-0 head start is extremely important.

as meaningless as preseason is as a predictor for the season, the opener is also usually failry useless, and with this weird off season, this week 1 should just be thrown out.

with that said, LOL at sh*ttsburgh !!!! bwahahahahahahaha

No way is week one meaningless or fairly useless in any way shape or form.

He only said it was useless to use the results from week 1 to determine who would do well for the rest of the season. Not that is wasn't important to win it.

as a predictor for the season......and are you ready to write off the steelers, falcons or chiefs ?

You never write off any team, until they're mathematically eliminated. With that being said, I'm not a believer in the Chiefs to begin with. They were a product of an extremely weak schedule last season. I truly believe KC will fall back down into reality this season. As far as the Steelers and Falcons go... There is no guarantee these teams will make the playoffs this year. Falcons have to compete with the Saints, Tampa and now an up and coming Lions team. As far as the Steelers go... If they can't beat the Ravens for the North, they may not make the playoffs either. But yeah, I take week one very seriously and feel it's very important to start off 1-0. If the Steelers, Falcons or Chiefs lose next week? Their seasons could be over before it started.

You never write off any team, until they're mathematically eliminated. With that being said, I'm not a believer in the Chiefs to begin with. They were a product of an extremely weak schedule last season. I truly believe KC will fall back down into reality this season. As far as the Steelers and Falcons go... There is no guarantee these teams will make the playoffs this year. Falcons have to compete with the Saints, Tampa and now an up and coming Lions team. As far as the Steelers go... If they can't beat the Ravens for the North, they may not make the playoffs either. But yeah, I take week one very seriously and feel it's very important to start off 1-0. If the Steelers, Falcons or Chiefs lose next week? Their seasons could be over before it started.

You never write them off until they are mathimatically out, but if they go 0-2 there season could be over?

you misunderstood my post, and even as you meant it, 1-0 is meaningless. I bet if you looked it up, 1-0 vs 0-1 is probably less than a 3% swing in making the playoffs

It's nice to see the Browns beating the Bengals by the score of 17-13. Being down 10-0 early on, I thought I was eliminated from the JN survival league. Would suck to get eliminated during the first week.

Thoughts on the Bills performance today? 34-7 lead against the Chiefs. Fitzpatrick has impressed with 4 TD's/0 INT's and Fred Jackson has been consistant. That Buffalo offensive lines seems to have also improved. That defense looks healthy for once as well. Call me crazy, but I think the AFC East has another player in the Buffalo Bills. Maybe not a true contender, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills make some noise this season.

as a predictor for the season......and are you ready to write off the steelers, falcons or chiefs ?

I wrote the chiefs off before the season even began so this is only confirming that assumption. The Chiefs got extremely lucky with a joke of a schedule last year, they are beyond garbage.

Matt Ryan is far from a fraud, he's heading into his 4th year as a very good quarterback with a career QB rating of 86.9. With that being said, I feel this is the year where Sanchez distances himself from QB's such as Ryan, Flacco and Freeman. Sanchez comes into his own during the REGULAR SEASON this year, because there's been no questions in regards to how excellent Sanchez has performed during the playoffs.

Brad Smith with the Int out of the Wildcat.

Such an overrated player Brad Smith became during the offseason. He was a product of our offensive line. I can almost guarantee that Brad Smith won't have that type of success rushing out of the wildcat formation behind the Bills O-Line. Same goes for special teams, he was blessed to return under a Mike Westhoff unit. The kickoffs from the 35 yard line will decrease his overall value, and as we all know... He's not a productive RB, he's never been able to make plays as a WR, and he'll never become a QB. He's an overrated gimmick-gadget type of player and I'm glad we put our money elsewhere.

Archived