Another buy out puts fins game on tv...pathetic

Jetfan13

Miami Dolphins blackout averted; Sunday's game on local TV

Couch-potato Miami Dolphins fans can relax. Sunday's game against the Houston Texans will be televised locally.

The Dolphins, CBS4 and sponsor Bud Light purchased thousands of unsold tickets to ensure that the 13-year streak of regular-season games on local television continues Sunday. Dolphins CEO Mike Dee said it was a big financial commitment between the three entities.

The team is making its share available to season-ticket holders on a complimentary basis -- two tickets each for those with seats in the lower and upper bowls, four for premium club-seat members and eight for suite holders. Tickets can still be purchased at the Dolphins web site.

"We're not going to discount tickets. We want to preserve the integrity and respect our season-ticket members who have made a very big commitment to us," Dee said.

The NFL's blackout policy, established in 1973, requires games be sold out 72 hours in advance or they are blacked out on stations with signals reaching within 75 miles of the game. Sunday will mark the 103rd consecutive regular-season game on local television since an Oct. 18, 1998 game against the St. Louis Rams failed to sell out. var afterLoginLocation = ''; var defaultLocation = $('articlePromoLink').href; var wasClicked = false; if (!!window.carnival) { new memberNav( '#articlePromoLink', function() { //user is logged in if(!!afterLoginLocation && afterLoginLocation != '' && afterLoginLocation != 'default'){ $('articlePromoLink').onclick = function(){ carnival.utils.listener.fire('_carnival_'+afterLoginLocation); wasClicked = true; return false; } } }, function(){ //user is not logged in if(!!afterLoginLocation && afterLoginLocation != ''){ $('articlePromoLink').onclick = function(){ carnival.modal.popit(location.protocol+'//'+carnival.configuration('currentDomain')+'/'+signon.folder+'/site/registration/modal.signon'); wasClicked = true; carnival.user.afterLogin( function(){ if(!!afterLoginLocation && afterLoginLocation != '' && afterLoginLocation != 'default'){ carnival.utils.listener.fire('_carnival_'+afterLoginLocation); } else if(wasClicked){ window.location = defaultLocation; } } ); return false; } }//if } ).writeNav(); }//if textSize()

I don't think Miami has ever beaten the Texans....I really REALLY hope that trend continues.

Yep, they're 0-5 all-time, and the Dolphins usually have lost to them in either hilariously inept fashion or snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

In '03 they lost 21-20 despite being 14-point favorites. The Miami players talked trash beforehand, calling it a "practice game". With plenty of time left in the 4th quarter, they stupidly went for two to try to make it a 7-point lead and failed. With the score 20-15, Kris Brown knocked through his 4th and 5th made FG's of the day, the last with 25 seconds left, to seal the win.

In '06 they lost 17-15 thanks to a pair of Houston 4th quarter TD's engineered by the great David Carr.

In '07 they lost 22-19, again thanks to a pair of 4th-quarter FG's by Kris Brown. Another 4th-quarter lead blown by the Dolphins.

In '08 they lost on a 3-yard TD run by known scrambler Matt Schaub with 3 seconds left.

In '09 Houston won 27-20, but of course, the game was never as close as the final score indicated. The Texans had a 27-3 lead at halftime and Miami's comeback, led by the immortal Lex Hilliard, fell short.

In conclusion, Miami sucks. Especially against Houston.

That game in '09 was the one that even the local Fins radio broadcast switched over to another sporting event before halftime-there was no local coverage on the radio that day-talk about pathetic. And as to Ghost worrying about Miami getting the 1st overall pick-no worries there, Indianapolis is tanking the season on purpose so they can get Luck

That game in '09 was the one that even the local Fins radio broadcast switched over to another sporting event before halftime-there was no local coverage on the radio that day-talk about pathetic. And as to Ghost worrying about Miami getting the 1st overall pick-no worries there, Indianapolis is tanking the season on purpose so they can get Luck

now where the Hell is Herm Edwards when you need him -- There will be several teams in the Luck sweepstakes -- Fortunatly not us.

So Miami's home game is televised meaning CBS can not show the double header so the Jets game will not be shown in South Florida --- or did they change that rule????

I hope that isn't true. Another reason to hate the phags...Not that it matters, I will be at Packys anyway.

LOL, they had a playoff game blacked out in 2000. How the hell do you get a playoff game blacked out?

wow! I would of lost some money if someone had bet me on that! Never would I think a playoff game would get blacked out, you'd think the dolfag fans would have been excited there team was in the playoff and would have went to the game! I'm amazed!

wow! I would of lost some money if someone had bet me on that! Never would I think a playoff game would get blacked out, you'd think the dolfag fans would have been excited there team was in the playoff and would have went to the game! I'm amazed!

Yea that was the 63-7 loss to Jacksonville-good thing it was blacked out

Yep, they're 0-5 all-time, and the Dolphins usually have lost to them in either hilariously inept fashion or snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

In '03 they lost 21-20 despite being 14-point favorites. The Miami players talked trash beforehand, calling it a "practice game". With plenty of time left in the 4th quarter, they stupidly went for two to try to make it a 7-point lead and failed. With the score 20-15, Kris Brown knocked through his 4th and 5th made FG's of the day, the last with 25 seconds left, to seal the win.

In '06 they lost 17-15 thanks to a pair of Houston 4th quarter TD's engineered by the great David Carr.

In '07 they lost 22-19, again thanks to a pair of 4th-quarter FG's by Kris Brown. Another 4th-quarter lead blown by the Dolphins.

In '08 they lost on a 3-yard TD run by known scrambler Matt Schaub with 3 seconds left.

In '09 Houston won 27-20, but of course, the game was never as close as the final score indicated. The Texans had a 27-3 lead at halftime and Miami's comeback, led by the immortal Lex Hilliard, fell short.

In conclusion, Miami sucks. Especially against Houston.

And that 2003 game was the Texans first game ever. :rl:

And that 2003 game was the Texans first game ever. :rl:

No it wasn't. The Texans opened for business in 2002 with a win over the Cowboys. They ended up 4-12 in their first season, and 5-11 in the season they beat the Dolphins. Still a pathetic loss for a supposedly superior Miami team.

I'm glad the game is on- I like to watch our division rivals....LOSE. I actually think Miami can win this game but if I'm wrong this town is going to erupt in a loud FIRE SPORANO chorus, which has already started on talk radio down here

I don't have much hope for this season anyways, but if we do lose Sunday the season is definitly going to spiral out of control and Sparano will be fired by mid season.

I don't have much hope for this season anyways, but if we do lose Sunday the season is definitly going to spiral out of control and Sparano will be fired by mid season.

I don't get this. I watched all the fins preseason games. Their D was horrible Monday, but they will be pretty good. Daboll has installed an exciting offense. I look at them as a 9-7 team. Get lucky a few games, and they go to the playoffs. Every one is counting on them, including most Fish fans, to be in the Luck sweepstakes. I don't think so

I don't get this. I watched all the fins preseason games. Their D was horrible Monday, but they will be pretty good. Daboll has installed an exciting offense. I look at them as a 9-7 team. Get lucky a few games, and they go to the playoffs. Every one is counting on them, including most Fish fans, to be in the Luck sweepstakes. I don't think so

I think it can be a 9-7 team. But if we lose this Sunday, with all the uneducated fans down here calling talk shows and screaming for Sparano's head, i can see this whole thing spiraling out of control. Blackout's will be imminent and You'll be 0-2 with your next 3 @ Chargers, @ Cleveland @ Jets. 1-4 is a very real possibility and if that happens....forget it. Next thing you know the Fins will move to L.A. and then i'll be rooting for the Miami Sharks and Steamin Willie Beman.

I think it can be a 9-7 team. But if we lose this Sunday, with all the uneducated fans down here calling talk shows and screaming for Sparano's head, i can see this whole thing spiraling out of control. Blackout's will be imminent and You'll be 0-2 with your next 3 @ Chargers, @ Cleveland @ Jets. 1-4 is a very real possibility and if that happens....forget it. Next thing you know the Fins will move to L.A. and then i'll be rooting for the Miami Sharks and Steamin Willie Beman.

Well if this was to happen we here at JN will be here for you. Since you apparantly know where Packy's is Jetfan13 will serve as our Liason for you -- You can meet up share a few beers and he can be your shoulder to cry on.

JetNation The site that cares.

Perhaps the Dolphin players will purposely lose because they are tired of Sparano yelling at them?

He missed his calling as a US Marine drill Sargent.

Archived