Raiders suck week

Blackout

A man walked into an Oakland bar with a dachshund under his arm. The dog was wearing an Oakland Raiders jersey and helmet, and was festooned with Raiders pom-poms.
The bartender said, "Hey! No pets are allowed in here! You'll have to leave!"
The guy begged him, "Look, I'm desperate. We're both big fans, my TV is broken, and this is the only place around where we can see the game!"
After securing a promise that the dog will behave, and warning him that he and the dog will both be thrown out if there's any trouble, the bartender relented and allowed them to stay in the bar and watch the game.
The big game began with the Raiders receiving the kickoff. They marched down the field, got stopped at about the 30, and kicked a field goal.
With that the dog jumped up on the bar, and began walking up and down the bar giving high-fives to everyone.
The bartender said, "Wow, that is the most amazing thing I've ever seen! What does the dog do when the Raiders score a touchdown?"
The owner replied, "I don't know, I've only had him for 4 years."

Oh the Raiders. It seems the Jets always struggle out there. Jets fans should not go to the game and if you do, don't wear Jets clothes. You will be stabbed.

Hmm, part of me wishes violence would break out so Roger Goodell could handle it like the Oakland/SF annualpreseason games and the jets won't have to go back to that black hole of a place.

And look at how shotty and sanchez handled the Jags mushy secondary....

They handled it the way the should have right out the gates.

I'm not in the blame Schotty camp. Do I think he is good, no. Do I think he is bad, no.

He's not out their throwing terrible balls and allowing constant pressure on the QB.

At one point, Sanchez didnt have an incompletion. I suppose Schotty doesnt deserve any credit there?

They handled it the way the should have right out the gates.

I'm not in the blame Schotty camp. Do I think he is good, no. Do I think he is bad, no.

He's not out their throwing terrible balls and allowing constant pressure on the QB.

At one point, Sanchez didnt have an incompletion. I suppose Schotty doesnt deserve any credit there?

Again, I didn't get to watch the game and only saw some highlights and the stats afterwards. But considering how much sanchez handled the cowgirls secondary, I thought he might post something similar.

That's great about sanchez and his completion though. I remember that being a lot of peoples knocks coming into this season and through two games has looked much better in that department.

Hey, it doesn't matter as long as we get the W right?

Again, I didn't get to watch the game and only saw some highlights and the stats afterwards. But considering how much sanchez handled the cowgirls secondary, I thought he might post something similar.

That's great about sanchez and his completion though. I remember that being a lot of peoples knocks coming into this season and through two games has looked much better in that department.

Hey, it doesn't matter as long as we get the W right?

Thats the boat I'm in. This isnt the BCS. This isnt a beauty pagent. The Jets dont win pretty...even when they are pulling their first stringers with 12 to go in the 4th. lol

The Jets dont win pretty and they've still made it to back to back AFCG's. You know who else didnt win pretty during an elite run? The Patriots. The Pats made every game a contesnt back when they were winning SB's. Now they blow teams out and cant win a playoff game.

You tell me which you prefer?

Thats the boat I'm in. This isnt the BCS. This isnt a beauty pagent. The Jets dont win pretty...even when they are pulling their first stringers with 12 to go in the 4th. lol

The Jets dont win pretty and they've still made it to back to back AFCG's. You know who else didnt win pretty during an elite run? The Patriots. The Pats made every game a contesnt back when they were winning SB's. Now they blow teams out and cant win a playoff game.

You tell me which you prefer?

+1. I can't argue with that.

Not to mention, I'm liking how everyone is talking about the Pats being in mid-season form already so that by the time December comes they already in off-season mode and losing when it matters like they should.

Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly are going sh*t all over our o-line.

That will actually be a good test to get used to what we will be dealing with the next few weeks. Baltimore and the Pats are beefy up front and without Mangold we will have to change our game plans to stay away from the middle of the field. Maybe using to TE sets to pen the big guys together while Sanchez roles out or something to that effect. Oakland is actually a good team to work on that with.

I HATE The Raiders and always have. BenDavidson breaking Joe Willie's jaw, The Heidi Game, Lyle Alzado ripping off Chris Ward's (or was it Marvin Powell's) helmet and throwing it at him. That playoff game when they beat us in 2002, you remember the day Jon Abraham had cramps and Jerry Rice burned us bad. Every coach or player we ever tried to get from them and they blocked us from getting just because we're the Jets. Finally Al Davis the jealous man who always thought he should be an owner of a team not in a shiithole like Oakland-I want this one guys, as an old Jets fan I WANT this game

I HATE The Raiders and always have. BenDavidson breaking Joe Willie's jaw, The Heidi Game, Lyle Alzado ripping off Chris Ward's (or was it Marvin Powell's) helmet and throwing it at him. That playoff game when they beat us in 2002, you remember the day Jon Abraham had cramps and Jerry Rice burned us bad. Every coach or player we ever tried to get from them and they blocked us from getting just because we're the Jets. Finally Al Davis the jealous man who always thought he should be an owner of a team not in a shiithole like Oakland-I want this one guys, as an old Jets fan I WANT this game

It was chris ward.....Sunday is about us being a great team and great teams go to the left coast and win.

It was chris ward.....Sunday is about us being a great team and great teams go to the left coast and win.

yea steroids are a terrible thing-Alzado was so juiced up on roids the anger was like white lightning coming out of his eyes-he was CRAZY

you know it cracks me up to read in fg's news thread Hue Jackson complaining how we didn't let them steal Dennis Thurman away. He has no idea of the history between these two teams and how Al Davis just for spite never let us have Rex's brother when we tried to hire him. Davis had fired EVERYBODY but just for spite, just because he knew that WE wanted him, kept Rod Ryan. Only after we hired Rex did he let him go to Cleveland.

How about all of those gifts to New England in trades? Anything to hurt the Jets as long as it hurts us it's OK-he is a scumbag-I WANT THIS GAME!

I don't think a lot of the younger Jets fans even realize how badly we old time Jets fans hate the Raiders. I sat in my kitchen on that freezing cold and windy December day listening to the 68 AFC Championship game-I was 13 years old and remember it like it was yesterday

Then you guys are going to hate me for this (unless some do already) but back in the 70s when football sucked balls in the NY area the team I pulled for was the Raiders - I was 7 when we won SB 3 so not much of a memory for me besides my dad winning a bunch of money betting on the Jets. But over the last 10 years or so my like for them has turned to pure hatred -- Not Cowboys or Patriots hatred but hate them none the less. We will kick some a$$ this weekend I just feel it.

Then you guys are going to hate me for this (unless some do already) but back in the 70s when football sucked balls in the NY area the team I pulled for was the Raiders - I was 7 when we won SB 3 so not much of a memory for me besides my dad winning a bunch of money betting on the Jets. But over the last 10 years or so my like for them has turned to pure hatred -- Not Cowboys or Patriots hatred but hate them none the less. We will kick some a$$ this weekend I just feel it.

It's not how you start its how you finish. None of us can be held responsible for which teams we liked when we were 7. Before I turned 10 I just liked the teams I saw in the Super Bowl. At one time or another I was a Steelers fan, Packers fan and Broncos fan.

Then I got a little older and it came down to the Jets or Giants. I preferred the underdog and couldn't stand Giants fans. Jets fans were my people. What that says about my sanity is anyone's guess.

Well we did steal Tuiasosopo and Jolley from them. Davis is probably still stewing over those.

Archived