*****Mafia Game Thread: The Matrix*****

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nvm reread that, misunderstood ya. I think it's best if the 3 of us don't vote and talk this out first. On my itouch so I'm somewhat limited right now, til I dunno...1130ish

Agree with this. At this point we have to assume this is the last day either way, so no reason to rush this one. Might as well talk it through and come up with something that makes sense to everyone (well, everyone but the person being lynched of course).

I have no interest in casting a vote until Vic and AVM chime in as well. At this point though, I definitely think the Ape's argument is making a lot more sense. As he's pointed out, there are a lot of holes in brett's story that just don't seem to add up. Not to mention, brett's rather convenient means of picking the guy who's going after him / the easiest lynch target in the game as his guilty result. Granted, that alone isn't enough of a reason as if Ape is legit scum then that's just the way it is, but if he's not he's certainly the best target for a play like this.

Honestly, it seems pretty clear based on the scum's reactions yesterday they thought they had this thing locked up last night, and I feel like it's now scrambling to just last one more day they didn't think they would have to, thus this brett vs Ape showdown. So it's a really a matter of which one is telling the truth, because at this point it's pretty obvious the way this played out, at least one of them has to be scum. There's just no way this is a town vs town thing (which all worry of that, which I did have a little, disappeared with brett's reveal). At this point, like I said I'm definitely leaning towards the side of Ape, his case seems pretty well thought out and logical while brett's is nothing more than the last minute "listen to me and we'll win" reveal, that seems to change by the moment any time something comes up that might make that night work. I'm not buying it, but I'm not going to put either into lynch territory without hearing if one of these other guys has a better perspective on this that I haven't seen.

tl;dr

Kinda just gonna ramble and throw some random things out there.

Gotta think scum started with 3 agents ala the movies. That actually would lead me to side with the apes idea...doesn't clear him persay. That would mean 2 things: a symp, or a list of players that were convertible...with PAC getting one only. Symp. More likely considering the game.

What was the name of the psycho at the end of the 2nd movie? Actually a couple of potential symp like players.

Need to look back for bread crumbing just in case.

Impossible to be scum v scum here? I don't think so...but we'll worry ab that next I suppose

Not impossible.... but its not the case, I'm town. He is lying.

Look at the link I just posted, it was right in the middle of Brett trying to "ride the Ape" on a lynch of Crusher, which is also what Brett did right at the end of the CTM lynch too... patting me on the back for not fully considering the best play and encouraging me to lynch CTM. That arrogant pos has been trying to do the make townie monkey the scum mvp thing all game... its been blatant.

His claim doesn't make sense with the setup, and he adds wrinkles to it after I point that out? Come on... LOOK at Brett's play, all game long... he hasn't scum hunted. What did I say about Pac, he wasn't scum hunting either. I surfaced everything I could...

I don't know what else to say... trust me.

Impossible to be scum v scum here? I don't think so...but we'll worry ab that next I suppose

I thought about that as well, but I think that'd definitely be getting ahead of ourself. At this point I think we're almost better off figuring out one scum between these two and then see if this game is still freakin' going on before worrying about anything else.

Aside from his scummy opportunistic play all game long, you have these prevailing points...

Brett claims he knew I was scum on N4. He said nothing about it all of D5 / N5, theoretically risking being NK'ed without sharing that information with the town. His claim that he was waiting for Pac to be dead has ZERO bearing on why he would withhold this information... his supposed role had been used up, the most value he possessed after N4 when he supposedly caught me, was to tell you guys I was scum. He didn't. Until now, when its probably an endgame scenario.

Also consider that his original claim was that of "conversion checker" - and after I pointed out that conversions would break the game since we all know who Neo is, he amended his fake role reveal right before our eyes. Now he is basically a "symp finder" and ask yourselves this, if you were modding a game... why in the world would you create a "symp finder" type of role for the town team? Blech...

I'm here and have been reading.

I proposed the question before and this is for AVM and BG- is there a possibility of a SK in this set-up?

Hadn't really thought of that to be honest. I would think not just because of the whole Neo aspect of the game. Wouldn't make much sense to have a third party that could end up accidentally winning the game for the scum, right?

Okay, gents... I'm backing off now. I've put what I can out there to help inform a good town decision. I get frustrated when I can't make you see what I see, I'm sorry. I'll fight my tendency to scratch and claw, because I don't see it helping. You guys need to think it out, and don't need me chiming it every 3 posts... if you have questions, I'll answer them... in the meantime I'll simmer down.

This situation is eerily similar to when CTM countered Pac earlier in the game... Pac stayed silent, and CTM fought hard (like I am now).

Aside from his scummy opportunistic play all game long, you have these prevailing points...

Brett claims he knew I was scum on N4. He said nothing about it all of D5 / N5, theoretically risking being NK'ed without sharing that information with the town. His claim that he was waiting for Pac to be dead has ZERO bearing on why he would withhold this information... his supposed role had been used up, the most value he possessed after N4 when he supposedly caught me, was to tell you guys I was scum. He didn't. Until now, when its probably an endgame scenario.

Also consider that his original claim was that of "conversion checker" - and after I pointed out that conversions would break the game since we all know who Neo is, he amended his fake role reveal right before our eyes. Now he is basically a "symp finder" and ask yourselves this, if you were modding a game... why in the world would you create a "symp finder" type of role for the town team? Blech...

While I agree with both of your points, the first one definitely really is the one that I can't get out of my mind. His role was allegedly done so the only thing he had left to do was give out the info, so I can't see any reason why he wouldn't. What exactly was the risk in doing so, ending up a NK target? Frankly, given the setup of this game, as many have already said previously, everyone should be more than happy to take death for the greater good in this game. The way it was played definitely doesn't add up to me at all. Like I said though, I'm definitely in no rush to make any votes until it seems we have more of a consensus going.

Hadn't really thought of that to be honest. I would think not just because of the whole Neo aspect of the game. Wouldn't make much sense to have a third party that could end up accidentally winning the game for the scum, right?

Right... My thought is that it was someone like Bane with a % chance of success? So it would make it more difficult. Not sure but just thinking out loud.

This.

As for the ape...I'm leaning heavily his way. Not understanding your frustration, theres been an obvious shift of support in your direction this morning...I just don't want to throw out a vote until we've all 3 said our thoughts.

This.

As for the ape...I'm leaning heavily his way. Not understanding your frustration, theres been an obvious shift of support in your direction this morning...I just don't want to throw out a vote until we've all 3 said our thoughts.

I always get frustrated when I'm town and can't understand why others don't see it.

Ape is such a doosh. "I will never play again if I am lying". Seriously, that is the most bullsh*t thing you can do, tie in outside circumstances to game decisions.

Tell you what, if I'm lying, I'll never play this game again.

I've been looking for cypher, which was pretty apparent he was involved when Slats died. I wasn't worried about getting killed when I found him because I'm a strong lynch candidate.

I said conversion checker at first to see ape sweat, and he did. Everything he has been saying so far is typical Ape as scum bullsh*t, he is just regurgitating the same argument over and over. I don't know what else I can say, its probably mislynch and lose so theres nothing else to it.

Brett just said he's been looking for Cypher. It looks to me from this scene below that Cypher is a killing role... so now he's saying I'm a killing symp. Haha... duck before he throws the kitchen sink at me too...

I've given you guys tangible reasons to vote him, he's given you a sloppy role claim and "Ape is dumb" as reasons to vote me.

Cypher, what are you doing? No!!!!!!!

matrix23.jpg

Slats, the town day killer, has been killed.

tank.jpg

Brett just said he's been looking for Cypher. It looks to me from this scene below that Cypher is a killing role... so now he's saying I'm a killing symp. Haha... duck before he throws the kitchen sink at me too...

I've given you guys tangible reasons to vote him, he's given you a sloppy role claim and "Ape is dumb" as reasons to vote me.

Yeah, your right, it doesn't exist. Youre not Cypher. Way to play it cool.

Can I just say on a side note, I'm completely ignoring this "if I'm lying..." crap from both of you in case either thinks that is having any sway in the decision-making, and think it's BS whenever anyone tries to pull that. Let your arguments speak for themselves and leave it at that.

Oh, mine was in jest, just to show how stupid it was and that ape is a bush leaguing doosh.

I just went back and did some re-reading... if there is a symp SK type of role, and Vic was bringing up SK early in the game, I'd consider THAT a signal.

Go back and read D5... throughout the day phase Brett tries to set the tone for a case on me, but at NO POINT does he mention that I'm scum. We go into night phase where he could have been NKed, and he still says nothing. THIS is the biggest hole in his reveal.

You ever heard the expression "don't get your panties in a bunch"? The day started 14 hours ago, and most of that was over last night. So sorry if we don't want to rush into a decision while half the game sits here all but silent.

Rule #14

Archived