Season Ticket Holders

Gainzo

I gave up my Pats season tickets after the 2009 season. $169 per ticket was too much for me.

How many Jets season tickets holders on this board said "FU" and walked away because of PSLs and the increase in ticket prices?

I pay no more now than I did when you held them hostage and reaped the profit. The money just goes to Woody instead.

I hear you can get upper deck single games for $50 in StubHub right now.

Hope you bought scuba gear with those PSLs, because you're going to be spending a lot of time underwater.

Hope you bought scuba gear with those PSLs, because you're going to be spending a lot of time underwater.

After 2008 the season tickets were dumped. best thing I ever did. kudos to suckers like ECURB for keeping the Jets a profitable organization

I love paying a premium for my seats... screw the waiting list.

still have my season tix plus PSL's and regret signing that contract. I could've hand picked my seats and games on the secondary market and never paid a nickel for the PSL. It's absolutely rediculous what i'm paying when I never actually had to. i just thought the stadium would sell out and scalpers would ask top dollar like back in Giants stadium. Never happened. Season ticket holders are getting raped.

I watched one game from the upper deck in the new stadium and will never again....I could see the rivets on planes that were flying over us

I gave up my Pats season tickets after the 2009 season. $169 per ticket was too much for me.

How many Jets season tickets holders on this board said "FU" and walked away because of PSLs and the increase in ticket prices?

Math never made sense. PSL's were a losing investment from the onset.

Math never made sense. PSL's were a losing investment from the onset.

As much as they try to sell it to you as an investment you cannot look at it that way because it isn't....It is an added cost to purchase the tickets that you want, that is at least how I look at (or rationalize it to myself).....

Hate me all you want... I was not born into a JETS family... so when the time came to think about season Tix... I had no ties... I was staring down a crazy wait list and paying 3x face value to go to single games.

Excuse me for being happy to pay the same premium I was to own the seats.

Moved to the uppers last year from what would've been $10k PSL seats in the lower level.

Gave up the seats this year because the gameday experience at the new stadium (sitting in the upper level) sucked. I'll continue to buy single game tickets when I want to go to a game.

Definitely the best way to do it. Buying the PSL for the lower level isnt worth it and sitting in the upper deck sucks.

Definitely the best way to do it. Buying the PSL for the lower level isnt worth it and sitting in the upper deck sucks.

Until a 3 game losing streak becomes a 3 game winning streak...

I got over $600 for 2 seats with no parking pass for my Jags tickets... same as if they go 5-3 heading into the Pats game... tickets will be going double face or more...

I like the comfort of a set price... if they ever (crosses fingers) have a home playoff game I am going to really enjoy paying face value for it...

We have sold all the night games and Xmas Eve vs. the Jints. Cannot express how awful a piece od scheduling that is. We played on Halloween and Thanksgiving last year, and now get stuck with that holiday. We play the Giants at home once every 8 years. either the Jets' organization is clueless of the NFL doesn't care that it will piss off Jets fans.

We have sold all the night games and Xmas Eve vs. the Jints. Cannot express how awful a piece od scheduling that is. We played on Halloween and Thanksgiving last year, and now get stuck with that holiday. We play the Giants at home once every 8 years. either the Jets' organization is clueless of the NFL doesn't care that it will piss off Jets fans.

Most of the NFL schedule for that week is on x-mas eve to avoid a full slate on christmas day

The JETS did not schedule that game... so stop your nonsense... let's just be glad they didn't keep all the games on Christmas Day like the NBA does.

I got over $600 for 2 seats with no parking pass for my Jags tickets... same as if they go 5-3 heading into the Pats game... tickets will be going double face or more...

Well, you know what they say..."there's a sucker born every minute".

In ECURB's case, there was another born at the same time.

The JETS did not schedule that game... so stop your nonsense... let's just be glad they didn't keep all the games on Christmas Day like the NBA does.

In light of getting stuck with 2 kid/family centric holidays in 2010, would not have been unreasonable to ask the NFL to put Jets/Giants on some other day other than Christmas Eve. No matter how you look at the Jets have had their fans have to choose between family and team 3 times in 2 seasons. And that's crap. Add in a mess of Sunday and Monday night games and they give fans with jobs and obligations more reason to watch form the couch. And really our group is in complete agreement; if we could opt out of the PSL right now we would in a heartbeat. Better to buy a few games on stubhub and the rest watch from your couch.

The game day experience is often a total pain in the a$$. Not surprising FAN and 1050 are overrun with ads for Jets tickets paid for by the Jets. Funny-before PSLs in that old supposedly decrepit stadium which you could actually enter and exit easily, the Jets didn't have to advertise.

Hate me all you want... I was not born into a JETS family... so when the time came to think about season Tix... I had no ties... I was staring down a crazy wait list and paying 3x face value to go to single games.

Excuse me for being happy to pay the same premium I was to own the seats.

Kinda the same deal with me, i had no tix handed down to me from family. Back in 2003 i decided i wanted season tix after spending years sitting in a friend's seat. I paid $1,000 for someone else's place in line on the wait list at #10 back when there was like 15,000 people on the list, and in 2004 got my seats. I was 1 row from the last in the upper deck endzone, hiking up those steps sucked. When the new stadium and psl came around, i was able to move down to the lower deck, at a $2,500 premium per seat one time cost. My seats are now in the section where the Jets come out of the tunnel, right on the aisle, and one step down from the entrance tunnel from the concourse. And for the next 25-30 years when i hit 60-65 that will be my seat, for all regular season and hopefully playoff games. As far as paying the same price on stubhub, it doesn't happen. I go to every single game, and i know that tix in my area are generally $100+ more per game, especially when the stubhub/ticketexchange fees of $25+ are added on.

As far as it making financial success, a case can be made it does when the resale value of those lower tix on the secondary market and the hefty service charges are added on, but honestly, for me it doesn't really matter. Those 8 days a year are what i live for. People spend lots of money they don't need to and doesn't make sense to on things they enjoy. You can buy a steak at Applebees or Peter Luger, a honda civic or bmw m3, a pair or wrangler jeans or lucky brand, a timex or a rolex. I enjoy going to those games and like having "my seat." At this point in my life with no wife/gf/kids/family and no mortgage I don't have other responsibilities to worry about. I was able to buy my way into much better seats than i had previously. If the Jets had not gone the psl route and just gave everyone their comparable seats in the new stadium, i am 1000% positive that some people would have been selling their rights to seats in the lowers where i am for double or triple what i paid for my psl.

I'm surprised how many of you have given up your tix or plan to give them up. Apart from the cost the other factor for me was the amount of 4PM and night games that the Pats get every season and of course the traffic. For a typical MNF game I wouldn't get home until 2:30AM. No thanks.

Kinda the same deal with me, i had no tix handed down to me from family. Back in 2003 i decided i wanted season tix after spending years sitting in a friend's seat. I paid $1,000 for someone else's place in line on the wait list at #10 back when there was like 15,000 people on the list, and in 2004 got my seats. I was 1 row from the last in the upper deck endzone, hiking up those steps sucked. When the new stadium and psl came around, i was able to move down to the lower deck, at a $2,500 premium per seat one time cost. My seats are now in the section where the Jets come out of the tunnel, right on the aisle, and one step down from the entrance tunnel from the concourse. And for the next 25-30 years when i hit 60-65 that will be my seat, for all regular season and hopefully playoff games. As far as paying the same price on stubhub, it doesn't happen. I go to every single game, and i know that tix in my area are generally $100+ more per game, especially when the stubhub/ticketexchange fees of $25+ are added on.

As far as it making financial success, a case can be made it does when the resale value of those lower tix on the secondary market and the hefty service charges are added on, but honestly, for me it doesn't really matter. Those 8 days a year are what i live for. People spend lots of money they don't need to and doesn't make sense to on things they enjoy. You can buy a steak at Applebees or Peter Luger, a honda civic or bmw m3, a pair or wrangler jeans or lucky brand, a timex or a rolex. I enjoy going to those games and like having "my seat." At this point in my life with no wife/gf/kids/family and no mortgage I don't have other responsibilities to worry about. I was able to buy my way into much better seats than i had previously. If the Jets had not gone the psl route and just gave everyone their comparable seats in the new stadium, i am 1000% positive that some people would have been selling their rights to seats in the lowers where i am for double or triple what i paid for my psl.

Fair point. As you get older and have kids and responsibilities iy gets harder to devote a full day when the option is your couch or a local gin mill. Doesn't seem to be any appreciation by the NFL that with LCD TVs and HD, watching it at home is often easier.

Fair point. As you get older and have kids and responsibilities iy gets harder to devote a full day when the option is your couch or a local gin mill. Doesn't seem to be any appreciation by the NFL that with LCD TVs and HD, watching it at home is often easier.

easier for sure, but i love being there live, in a stadium with 80,000 other people all cheering on my team. Its just an experience that can't be duplicated outside the stadium. Obviously that isn't a big deal for some people, i know people who rather watch on tv.

You are much better at making the point than I am... lol

Me and the g/f basically gave up getting new cars to get tix... so far I am happy with that.

When did you purchase your tickets? Because that was the same price I paid for mezzanine endzone and when I purchased my tickets lower endzone was $4,000 a seat.

easier for sure, but i love being there live, in a stadium with 80,000 other people all cheering on my team. Its just an experience that can't be duplicated outside the stadium. Obviously that isn't a big deal for some people, i know people who rather watch on tv.

I'm with you on being in the Stadium as it is an awesome experience. $$, traffic and getting old drove me to give up my tix. When I bought them in 1992 I was 20 years old. Lots of great memories over those years.

You are also spot on when it comes to spending your money on something you enjoy. I don't fault anyone who does that but I do have a problem with people claiming that because they spend their money on sport they are somehow better than the rest of us. I'm looking at you ecurb!

When did you purchase your tickets? Because that was the same price I paid for mezzanine endzone and when I purchased my tickets lower endzone was $4,000 a seat.

Actually it was originally $5,000, but then they reduced it down to $2,500, at which point they sold like crack rock. I am pretty sure my section is the best psl deal in the stadium. They lowered the mezz endzone B from $4,000 to $2,500, and the lower sideline from $15,000 to $10,000.

Looking at their new psl seating chart, i see that those seats are now $4,000.

I'm with you on being in the Stadium as it is an awesome experience. $$, traffic and getting old drove me to give up my tix. When I bought them in 1992 I was 20 years old. Lots of great memories over those years.

You are also spot on when it comes to spending your money on something you enjoy. I don't fault anyone who does that but I do have a problem with people claiming that because they spend their money on sport they are somehow better than the rest of us. I'm looking at you ecurb!

Oh, well i am better than you Gainzo, but that really is more for geographical reasons, lol, jk

Huh?

I never claim to be better... I always just need to defend myself when being called an idiot for buying PSL's.

The people who didn't buy are almost always the aggressors and bigger jerks.

I consider myself lucky to have the chance to buy the seats I did, not better.

Archived