Palmer to the Raiders

Matt39

Al Davis may be gone, but the Raiders are still the crazy uncle at the trade table.

A first rounder for Carson Palmer? Palmer - the 32 year old qb with two major injuries under his belt. What are the chances he's in shape? What are the chances he gets up to speed quickly? What are the chances chemistry will be there? I say the chances are slim. G'luck Oakland. You're 'gonna need it.

Just read that Oakland now is without the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th draft picks in 2012 although they expect decent comp picks for Gallery/Aso. Clearly, the Raiders think they can win NOW. Delusional, if you ask me.

Al Davis may be gone, but the Raiders are still the crazy uncle at the trade table.

A first rounder for Carson Palmer? Palmer - the 32 year old qb with two major injuries under his belt. What are the chances he's in shape? What are the chances he gets up to speed quickly? What are the chances chemistry will be there? I say the chances are slim. G'luck Oakland. You're 'gonna need it.

Completely agree. Palmer was suspect last year and hasn't played, practiced, worked out, etc., in 10 months.

Just read that Oakland now is without the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th draft picks in 2012 although they expect decent comp picks for Gallery/Aso. Clearly, the Raiders think they can win NOW. Delusional, if you ask me.

While I agree Palmer stinks and a first rounder is ridiculous for him, what are the Raiders to do? Send Kyle Boller out there for the rest of the season?

When was the last time the Raiders had a legit shot at the playoffs? When was the last time they were relevant. Desperate times call for desperate measures. You might say its delusional, but not every team has Tom Brady as their QB to guarantee a playoff spot each season.

You definitely should be happy, Billy. Great trade for you guys.

I think the Raiders believe the AFCW is theirs to take. They went 6-0 in the division last year but couldn't beat anyone else. With the Chiefs and Broncos sucking, it's just them and the Chargers. They play the Chiefs next and will go 2-0 in the division. They have the Chargers in 4 weeks and probably think that's enough time to get Palmer up to snuff.

per Rotoworld:

Raiders acquired QB Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for a first-round pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013.

For once, owner Mike Brown's stubbornness paid off. The Bengals land a king's ransom for a player that was essentially no longer part of their organization. Palmer is now reunited with Hue Jackson, who was an assistant in Cincy from 2004-06. Although Palmer's arm strength and mobility appeared to be declining badly in his final days with the Bengals, he'll be an immediate and significant upgrade on Kyle Boller. It also means that Jason Campbell, set to become a free agent after this season, is likely gone. Palmer's name is worth more than his game, but he is on the QB2 radar and will keep afloat the current value of Darrius Heyward-Bey and Denarius Moore.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/statuses/126303024325988352

While I agree Palmer stinks and a first rounder is ridiculous for him, what are the Raiders to do? Send Kyle Boller out there for the rest of the season?

When was the last time the Raiders had a legit shot at the playoffs? When was the last time they were relevant. Desperate times call for desperate measures. You might say its delusional, but not every team has Tom Brady as their QB to guarantee a playoff spot each season.

I understand that.....but as a spectator I just don't see them having a legit shot at the SB. Playoff's, yes. SB? Nope. And I don't understand screwing your team for years. That said, as a player, coach, manager, etc.....that is no way to think. You have to have the confidence that you can win the SB. So, I guess you're right, Spicoli.

I understand that.....but as a spectator I just don't see them having a legit shot at the SB. Playoff's, yes. SB? Nope. And I don't understand screwing your team for years. That said, as a player, coach, manager, etc.....that is no way to think. You have to have the confidence that you can win the SB. So, I guess you're right, Spicoli.

Will you please stop with the insults. Thanks,

Who does have a legitimate shot at the SB other than Packers? And while Carson Palmer is no franchise savior, I dont think he sets you back years either...its not like the are in the suck for luck race.

Who does have a legitimate shot at the SB other than Packers? And while Carson Palmer is no franchise savior, I dont think he sets you back years either...its not like the are in the suck for luck race.

I think seeing Brady vs Rodgers will be an exciting sb

It's a good trade. Palmer was miserable in Cincinnati. Put him back in SoCal, with that running game and that speed at receiver and he might give a sh*t.

Have you seen a map of Califnoria?

LOL. TomShane geography FAIL

Green Bay is for realz! LOL! No one is beating them. Unless something crazy happens, they are the SB winners. Everyone else is playing for second best.

Anway......not having your first rounds draft pick two years running....not to mention the 2nd, 3rd and fourth in this upcoming draft COULD set you back. I 'dunno....last time I saw Carson play he sucked. Not sure that all thsi time off will make him better. We'll have to wait and see, Spicoli.

Not having your first rounds draft pick two years running....not to mention the 2nd, 3rd and fourth in this upcoming draft COULD set you back. I 'dunno....last time I saw Carson play he sucked. Not sure that all thsi time off will make him better. We'll have to wait and see, Spicoli.

Just cant help yourself, with the insults. Sigh. Oh well. Good think I have thick skin.

Is Carson Palmer better than Jason Campbell? Maybe. Probably. If they make this move, they probably trade Campbell I'd assume. And if they dont have all those picks already, how does it really hurt? Hell, maybe it prevents them from drafting another Russell or Heyward-Bey.

Look at all the 2nd 3rd and 4th Belly gets, turn out to bust, but still compete because he picks up some greybeards off the stockpile

You have a point there, but I still think it's a crazy trade. I get that they need a QB...badly! But....definitely 1 first rounder and potentially two...for Palmer? When's the last time Palmer was good?

Archived