Tomlinson - Did I miss something?

#27TheDominator

I know that the Jets won and all, but c'mon. Did I miss the big thread on this where everybody explained that he is a warrior and what his problem was? I know that now that he is one of us he is supposed to get the benefit of the doubt, but did they ever actually announce the illness that he came down with on Sunday? Seeing him sitting on the sideline with a towel on his head seemed oddly reminiscent of his playoff performances with the Chargers. I like the guy and all, but he didn't exactly step up with the start. This isn't something I'd normally care about, but it's a bye week and if he were a Charger I am sure the boards would be atwitter It's a good thing that Greene finally stepped up or we are all super pissed.

How do you know it was his choice to be on the sideline?

I absolutely don't. I also didn't know when everybody was whining about his alleged "sulking" on the sidelines with the Chargers. I don't think it's a big deal. I'm just surprised that nobody has mentioned it and just accepts his being sick as fine. They don't usually accept that excuse around here.

Better to have LT fresh for the second half anyway. It'll give the offense a little pep and what's left of his legendary quickness/agility/speed. I like that Greene has yet to fold as "the guy," and it works perfectly for the Jets and Tomlinson. He really fell off after his strong open last year. Maybe they chose to reverse that a little by holding him back a little in the first half.

Guy's a great pro and at least a HOF, so I expect he'll be a part of it if the Jets make any noise in the second half. They probably won't make any noise because of...the situation...but something something.

Not for nothing, but if I was vomiting and had diarrhea, and then someone did this to me:

alg_tomlinson_flip.jpg

...that would probably be a wrap on the day for myself as well. Just give me a roll of toilet paper and a bottle of Pepto and I'll be in the locker room coach.

I totally disagree. That looks like the actual cure for diarrhea.

I'm glad you're all so upset. Did you notice that I don't normally start these threads? My point is that guys like John Abraham aren't allowed to have the flu. When he was on the Chargers everybody complained when LT couldn't go, now it's not even a footnote. If he were on the Pats you'd all be calling him a pussy.

I'm glad you're all so upset. Did you notice that I don't normally start these threads? My point is that guys like John Abraham aren't allowed to have the flu. When he was on the Chargers everybody complained when LT couldn't go, now it's not even a footnote. If he were on the Pats you'd all be calling him a pussy.

Sucks when you realize that light headed your way is an angry mob with torches and pitchforks, doesn't it? :)

And your point is?

That's ridiculous. Every Jets player is super-great.

And your point is?

That you're all a bunch of homer pussies (personal attack!) When he was with the Chargers he was hurt and I heard that he was a big puss for sitting it out and supposedly "sulking" on the sidelines. He had the same look on his face and towel on his head last week. Abraham was hurt and could not run at all. That noted genius, Herm Edwards, said that he would "probably go" and I have to read how he is scared to play. IIRC Abraham has had 8 surgeries to deal with his ab problems, but he is a girlie man, but LT is a warrior and champion. No, wait....maybe not a champion. Not yet anyway. Have some ******* consistency.

That you're all a bunch of homer pussies (personal attack!) When he was with the Chargers he was hurt and I heard that he was a big puss for sitting it out and supposedly "sulking" on the sidelines. He had the same look on his face and towel on his head last week. Abraham was hurt and could not run at all. That noted genius, Herm Edwards, said that he would "probably go" and I have to read how he is scared to play. IIRC Abraham has had 8 surgeries to deal with his ab problems, but he is a girlie man, but LT is a warrior and champion. No, wait....maybe not a champion. Not yet anyway. Have some ******* consistency.

No.

I think if LT was able to play he would have. Im not sure why fans seem to get this idea that when players are hurt or sick they dont want to play. Remember Ricky Hendersons hammy Injury ? Fans were crying he didnt want to play I find that to be hysterical same with Reyes on the Mets. These guys are pro's because they love the game, they dont want to be on the sidelines, and to be honest I respect a player more for realizing they should probably sit as to not hurt their team by trying to gut it out and be ineffective.

I played a lot of sports growing up and 2 things kept me out of games one was a torn MCL (missed like 4 weeks) and the other was a Migraine (missed one game) . Obviously you cant play with that type of knee injury and to be honest the Migraine was horrible I could barely walk no less play football. So only LT knows how severe his sickness was. He was so pumped up and worked up I would bet he just over did it and it made him sick.

I think if LT was able to play he would have. Im not sure why fans seem to get this idea that when players are hurt or sick they dont want to play. Remember Ricky Hendersons hammy Injury ? Fans were crying he didnt want to play I find that to be hysterical same with Reyes on the Mets. These guys are pro's because they love the game, they dont want to be on the sidelines, and to be honest I respect a player more for realizing they should probably sit as to not hurt their team by trying to gut it out and be ineffective.

I played a lot of sports growing up and 2 things kept me out of games one was a torn MCL (missed like 4 weeks) and the other was a Migraine (missed one game) . Obviously you cant play with that type of knee injury and to be honest the Migraine was horrible I could barely walk no less play football. So only LT knows how severe his sickness was. He was so pumped up and worked up I would bet he just over did it and it made him sick.

He wanted to play as a Jet but not as a Charger?

He wanted to play as a Jet but not as a Charger?

Dom Im not sure what you mean. He was always nicked up at the end of seasons with the chargers. Plus they had Micheal Turner/Sproles so if LT felt (or the coach felt) he was not effective I could see them making the change in a playoff game. Its a tough call I certainly dont think LT was or is the type of player to just sit out of any game unless necessary, nobody knows but him i guess.

Dom Im not sure what you mean. He was always nicked up at the end of seasons with the chargers. Plus they had Micheal Turner/Sproles so if LT felt (or the coach felt) he was not effective I could see them making the change in a playoff game. Its a tough call I certainly dont think LT was or is the type of player to just sit out of any game unless necessary, nobody knows but him i guess.

Go back and look at the quotes from his last three or so seasons with the Chargers where he didn't play. I never thought it was a big deal, but there were plenty of people complaining that he was a pussy and didn't have any heart and people comparing him (obviously unfavorably) with Kellen Winslow. Plenty of people here were talking about how our big advantage over the Chargers was our heart in 2009 and LT and Cromartie were the major culprits, aside from Rivers. If Greene didn't have a good day and/or we lost this board would have been crushing him, but now everybody is silent. I figured I would do the job that those nitwits were too lazy to do after a win during the week off.

I called him pusswah...but I dont really see the relevance this time. He's not a fundamental piece of the offense and its not the playoffs. That was the difference when he was in San Diego.

If the was last season in the playoffs vs. the Pats, yeah, I'd have started a thread calling him a pussy.

Go back and look at the quotes from his last three or so seasons with the Chargers where he didn't play. I never thought it was a big deal, but there were plenty of people complaining that he was a pussy and didn't have any heart and people comparing him (obviously unfavorably) with Kellen Winslow. Plenty of people here were talking about how our big advantage over the Chargers was our heart in 2009 and LT and Cromartie were the major culprits, aside from Rivers. If Greene didn't have a good day and/or we lost this board would have been crushing him, but now everybody is silent. I figured I would do the job that those nitwits were too lazy to do after a win during the week off.

Now Cromartie is a Documented pussy with the video to prove it. But I can see what your saying on LT he certainly has not been a playoff performer . He did have a very good playoff game for us last year when he ran for what 70 + yards and had a few clutch catches if I remember correctly. Keep in mind when he was in SD they ran him into the ground (some years at or near 400 touches plus all the blocking of blitzing LB's which hes one of the best at) and at the end of the year I can see that taking a toll, he was basicly the whole offense at times I find it hard to call a RB like LT a Pussy. Thomas Jones had alot of carries here as well and ran out of gas come playoff time and while he had his faults he certainly was no pussy and I think thats the category I would put LT in. Is it any different taking hits in the playoffs than during the season ?

Also Dom if i had to miss time during a big game it would make me miserable too. Might have been better if he just stayed in the lockerroom I guess

Archived