Lets talk about Brady never throwing the ball down the field

Matt39

They are built like that to control the ball. They do not rely on the deep threat. Most teams cant stop them, and on any given day, if they are in sync, your going to get long sustained drives and beat into the ground. If you can find a way to disrupt their rhythm with strong physical play at the LOS, in other words get in their receivers faces, you can make life very difficult on them. So yeah, they might get 12-13 wins but when they have to play physical defenses in the playoffs it all comes tumbling down just like it has since they last won a SB. The Randy Moss experiment made them explosive because you had to deal with him as well as the ball control and to be honest Im not sure why Belichick gave up on that. For all the good he does as a coach he sure seems to have made some really dumb personnel decisions over the years.

BTW Brady does not get nutralized, his receivers do. Ive seen Brady get hammered by the rush yet still pull out wins in the 4th quarter. No QB likes to get hit but some of them get overwhelmed by the rush, Brady is not one of those QB's.

They are built like that to control the ball. They do not rely on the deep threat. Most teams cant stop them, and on any given day, if they are in sync, your going to get long sustained drives and beat into the ground. If you can find a way to disrupt their rhythm with strong physical play at the LOS, in other words get in their receivers faces, you can make life very difficult on them. So yeah, they might get 12-13 wins but when they have to play physical defenses in the playoffs it all comes tumbling down just like it has since they last won a SB. The Randy Moss experiment made them explosive because you had to deal with him as well as the ball control and to be honest Im not sure why Belichick gave up on that. For all the good he does as a coach he sure seems to have made some really dumb personnel decisions over the years.

BTW Brady does not get nutralized, his receivers do. Ive seen Brady get hammered by the rush yet still pull out wins in the 4th quarter. No QB likes to get hit but some of them get overwhelmed by the rush, Brady is not one of those QB's.

Brady doesnt get overwhelmed by the rush, but the second he's forced to throw on the run, he becomes one of the worst QB's in the league. He literally cant throw on the run.

Brady doesnt get overwhelmed by the rush, but the second he's forced to throw on the run, he becomes one of the worst QB's in the league. He literally cant throw on the run.

yep hes a pure pocket passer I agree hes not good on the run since he cant run to save his life. That being said I have never seen a QB as calm as him in the pocket.

Control the middle of the field, press Branch and Welker....and Brady looks pretty ordinary. Looked like the Jets playoff game.

Brady on the move is comical

He doesnt want to leave the pocket. And now they dont have a game changer like they did in Moss. Who's going to get open down field? The TE's have essentially taken the place of Moss. They take the top of the defense to open it up for Welker and Brancy, but at they are no Moss. That offense is totally stoppable.

The Steelers secondary played really well. Bryant, Clark and Polamolu were all over the field. When they hit receivers, they were knocking them back. Thats what it takes. Make those little pussy WR's take a beating.

He doesnt want to leave the pocket. And now they dont have a game changer like they did in Moss. Who's going to get open down field? The TE's have essentially taken the place of Moss. They take the top of the defense to open it up for Welker and Brancy, but at they are no Moss. That offense is totally stoppable.

The Steelers secondary played really well. Bryant, Clark and Polamolu were all over the field. When they hit receivers, they were knocking them back. Thats what it takes. Make those little pussy WR's take a beating.

Your boy Hernandez is their best player on offense besides Brady.

I think the Steelers having a 2:1 time of possession advantage had more to do with it. I wouldn't count on Sanchez to sustain too many 8-9 minute drives against any defense, even one as sh*tbag as the Pats.

Why do you blame all the Jets offensive disfunction on Sanchez ? We still, after all, have an OC who cant design plays to his players strengths. I mean after 6 weeks we finally decided to target Plax in the end zone while in the red zone ? Who designed that genius after 6 weeks ? Shotty ? How many more time will we run LT up the middle ? SG is even better off tackle. I refuse to Blame Sanchez until we get some real changes and a real OC

So now you hav little cute nick names for patsy players ?? or was that just a slip ? :)

Your boy Hernandez is their best player on offense besides Brady.

He's a stud. What a steal in the 4th round. Was shocked really that he went that low, guess because he's not much a blocker but dude is a play maker, probably more so than a lot of the WR's that went before him.

So now you hav little cute nick names for patsy players ?? or was that just a slip ? :)

Slip...but a nickname might have been created. ;-)

Why do you blame all the Jets offensive disfunction on Sanchez ? We still, after all, have an OC who cant design plays to his players strengths. I mean after 6 weeks we finally decided to target Plax in the end zone while in the red zone ? Who designed that genius after 6 weeks ? Shotty ? How many more time will we run LT up the middle ? SG is even better off tackle. I refuse to Blame Sanchez until we get some real changes and a real OC

Good point. You can use Sanchez and Schotty interchangeably, however. They're each other's worst enemy at this point.

He's a stud. What a steal in the 4th round. Was shocked really that he went that low, guess because he's not much a blocker but dude is a play maker, probably more so than a lot of the WR's that went before him.

Slip...but a nickname might have been created. ;-)

He smokes a lot of weed

we can talk all day about why Brady's offense isn't as good as it used to be but that's burying the headline. the Patriots defense stinks.

Yup.

For all of BB greatness as a defensive mind, since Seymour , Bruschi and Harrison left the Pats D has been awful or as Pats fans would say "A work in Progress"

What the Steelers did to them yesterday was the blue print of how to beat Pats D. Hopefully the Jets will watch that film and learn something for their rematch in two weeks.

Yup.

For all of BB greatness as a defensive mind, since Seymour , Bruschi and Harrison left the Pats D has been awful or as Pats fans would say "A work in Progress"

What the Steelers did to them yesterday was the blue print of how to beat Pats D. Hopefully the Jets will watch that film and learn something for their rematch in two weeks.

Sanchez would have to pass the ball like Rothlisberger.

Not going to happen.

You mean Sanchez can't throw three TDs in a game? Funny, but I seem to remember him doing exactly that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VngivZGkieE&feature=related

5 years from now youll still be talking about that game. :biggrin:

Its so simple that even you can understand. Rothlisberger completed 72% of his passes. Sanchez struggles to complete 55%.

72 > 55

5 years from now youll still be talking about that game. :biggrin:

Its so simple that even you can understand. Rothlisberger completed 72% of his passes. Sanchez struggles to complete 55%.

72 > 55

Well, he doesn't need to complete 70% of his passes to win but since you brought it up, he did complete 70% of his passes (21 of 30,) along with 3 TDs in the Jets week 2 shellacking of the Pats in 2010. :Nuts:

This is why it's laughable when people don't see how much better Rodgers is then Brady

This is why it's laughable when people don't see how much better Rodgers is then Brady

Post knee injury has been a lot worse. He's just never really pressured so you don't see it often. I mean, if there's one advantage of having Sanchez...he can at least move a bit.

It's not that he can't throw on the run, it's that he can't run. At this point he is pretty much reduced to sliding around the pocket Marino style.

One thing that I noticed yesterday, on at least three occasions Polamolu just dumped guys in the middle of the field. I'm talking hit them square in the back on knocked them on their face. This was generally as the ball was thrown to the outside. He'd be standing in the middle of the field, pop somebody in the back on the way to the ball. Seemed illegal. I'd love to see the tape of this game to see what he was actually doing.

Good point. You can use Sanchez and Schotty interchangeably, however. They're each other's worst enemy at this point.

I think they get along great. I think they are our worst enemy.

One thing that I noticed yesterday, on at least three occasions Polamolu just dumped guys in the middle of the field. I'm talking hit them square in the back on knocked them on their face. This was generally as the ball was thrown to the outside. He'd be standing in the middle of the field, pop somebody in the back on the way to the ball. Seemed illegal. I'd love to see the tape of this game to see what he was actually doing.

He had one when he was covering Hernandez on a drag route about 8 yards off the LOS where he literally drilled him square in the back. The pass was throw to the otherside of the field, but it still left me questioning if was a legal play. Jets would have been flagged for sure.

Clark was killing their WR's yesterday. Clean hits that were keeping WR's from picking up first. I can remember 3, 1 on Faulk, Welker and Branch.

He had one when he was covering Hernandez on a drag route about 8 yards off the LOS where he literally drilled him square in the back. The pass was throw to the otherside of the field, but it still left me questioning if was a legal play. Jets would have been flagged for sure.

Clark was killing their WR's yesterday. Clean hits that were keeping WR's from picking up first. I can remember 3, 1 on Faulk, Welker and Branch.

Two questions:

1. Was the ball tipped on the play?

2. Was the ball already thrown with a catch attempt made?

Two questions:

1. Was the ball tipped on the play?

2. Was the ball already thrown with a catch attempt made?

Ball was not tipped and if the balls was in the air...it was split seconds or bang bang if you will. I assume thats why it wasnt called, but he looked like he nailed him before the ball was thrown.

EDIT: Not that I'm complaining. lol

Archived