Coaching Horrible/Players Not Much Better

Smashmouth

Can someone please explain to me why Greene got only 13 carries? please explain to me. ive been trying to figure it out. not like he wasnt running well. rex needs to rip shotty a new one right there on the sideline

It's hard to stick to running the ball when you're behind their offense. While eating up clock on Brady limits the amount of time he has to score, he presents a problem by being able to score quickly. Everything has to work perfectly to dominate the Pats with a running game...and by everything I mean passing the ball well too.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez could have played better. But this one wasn't on him...the passing game wasn't even on him. Our Oline was atrocious in pass protection. Pats got pressure out of 3 and 4 man fronts. horrible. even worse.... Plax and Holmes half-assing 3/4 of their plays. I was at the game and I can tell you that these two are the laziest MF'ers to play the WR position period. When i think of Cotchery catching that first down on one leg after tearing his groin--then see these guys jog thier routes...i want to puke. As for Sanchez....pump fake pump fake pump fake. no confidence, no ability to hit his man in stride because he needs them to have three yards separation before he lets it go. When he does let it fly on the quick slant, he's successful. He just FEARS too much. And this causes teh suck.

How is it different from my conclusion ? The JETS looked like they were trying to exploit a weakness and this offense is not good enough to do that. Ground and pound is the only way to go.

As for the passing games sucktitude they made a reference to number of attemps of 40+ yards on the telecast tonite. I managed to catch it just they were pulling it off the screen. The JETS are dramatically down in that stat. And looking number of 40+ yard completions we have a grand total of 1 so far this season. Last year we had 11.That says is the JETS are not able to stretch the field and the opposition seems to be dialing on that fact enough to make JAGS look like All Pro in pass coverage against us.

You use the word trying and thats great but to be honest Denver the Jets had the running game their for the taking so where was the Adjust on the fly we never seem to see from this coaching staff other than some times on defense ? Its obvious Belichick coached up the secondary probably aware we would attack but when the Running game is there why not use it and create the chance for better play action as the game went on ? That is how the passing game works well with play action

How is it different from my conclusion ? The JETS looked like they were trying to exploit a weakness and this offense is not good enough to do that. Ground and pound is the only way to go.

As for the passing games sucktitude they made a reference to number of attemps of 40+ yards on the telecast tonite. I managed to catch it just they were pulling it off the screen. The JETS are dramatically down in that stat. And looking number of 40+ yard completions we have a grand total of 1 so far this season. Last year we had 11.That says is the JETS are not able to stretch the field and the opposition seems to be dialing on that fact enough to make JAGS look like All Pro in pass coverage against us.

We have a total of 1 because we dont have a deep threat. Some may think Santonio is but hes not so what we have left is Plax who certainly is not a deep threat and Kerley who plays in the slot and does not have the speed to be a deep threat. Edwards was our deep threat and hes gone but I dont want to get into that conversation.

Sanchez could have played better. But this one wasn't on him...the passing game wasn't even on him. Our Oline was atrocious in pass protection. Pats got pressure out of 3 and 4 man fronts. horrible. even worse.... Plax and Holmes half-assing 3/4 of their plays. I was at the game and I can tell you that these two are the laziest MF'ers to play the WR position period. When i think of Cotchery catching that first down on one leg after tearing his groin--then see these guys jog thier routes...i want to puke. As for Sanchez....pump fake pump fake pump fake. no confidence, no ability to hit his man in stride because he needs them to have three yards separation before he lets it go. When he does let it fly on the quick slant, he's successful. He just FEARS too much. And this causes teh suck.

THANK YOU Im glad someone else sees these lazy sh*ts as well.

I tell ya, as crazy as it seems, the missed chip shot FG at the beginning of the game really set the tone for the entire game and took the wind out of the sails of the fans and the team. I just keep thinking if we had just got some points there and had the lead things could have been different.

I hear you, but my turning point of the game has got to be Sanchez' dumbass timeout. Brady never gets that TD otherwise, and the Jets go into halftime up 9-6 or at worst tied 9-9. That took the wind out of our sails. Joe McKnight's fumble and Strickland's inability to cover the damn ball up was atrocious too.

I hear you, but my turning point of the game has got to be Sanchez' dumbass timeout. Brady never gets that TD otherwise, and the Jets go into halftime up 9-6 or at worst tied 9-9. That took the wind out of our sails. Joe McKnight's fumble and Strickland's inability to cover the damn ball up was atrocious too.

Stoic I didnt like the timeout either but at the time no way to know what was going on with the play coming in and honestly the TD was more important at that time than worrying about what the defense needed to do on the next series which happened to be sh*tting the bed. If your a QB and have any doubt at all on a potential scoring play you call time out. Rex quite frankly is an Idiot to call out his QB in that situation or was it maybe him calling out his idiot OC ? I dont think will ever know

It was a really bad game for Rex. He had no answer for the no huddle offense which the Pats have used for some time against the Jets. I know he was unhappy about the Sanchez timeout but if Smith doesnt grab a facemask and then fall down the Pats dont score a TD there. The bottom line is the Jets got outplayed and outcoached and they are the second best team in NY until they prove something different in the playoffs, if they get there. They are not going to win a division until the QB play improves.

In the grand scheme of things, I blame Rex the most. Its his job to prep them better on BOTH sides of the ball.

That said, it seemed like the moment was too big for McKnight, Wilson, and Folk. They wilted under spotlight.

We have a total of 1 because we dont have a deep threat. Some may think Santonio is but hes not so what we have left is Plax who certainly is not a deep threat and Kerley who plays in the slot and does not have the speed to be a deep threat. Edwards was our deep threat and hes gone but I dont want to get into that conversation.

Plax is not a deep threat . His best has been a 26 yard play for a TD. That's hurting us.

Bottomline our offense cannot stretch the field. So all we have is ground and pound. And whenever we have gone away from it the results have been disastrous.

We have the players of a championship caliber team. THAT IS A FACT. Sanchez has enough credit to make these mistakes because he is still a young guy as well we all know that with time and protection he can play lights out. We've seen it before. But it is time to try something different as far as coaching goes. Sanchez has the arm and he has the star quality but im starting to second guess Schitty. He has a nice scheme and i love the creativity but he is not getting the execution. Its all smoke and mirrors in the end. once you get past it they are meteocher. He seriously has the rest of the season to save his job and i am ready to push for it being either Super Bowl or your out Schotty. And playoff appearance is not gonna cut it. There is too much talent on this team...

Stoic I didnt like the timeout either but at the time no way to know what was going on with the play coming in and honestly the TD was more important at that time than worrying about what the defense needed to do on the next series which happened to be sh*tting the bed. If your a QB and have any doubt at all on a potential scoring play you call time out. Rex quite frankly is an Idiot to call out his QB in that situation or was it maybe him calling out his idiot OC ? I dont think will ever know

There's nothing wrong w the timeout, there's no sensible reason not to let the play clock expire before calling it. That's all I'm saying. Sanchez didn't understand the game situation... at all.

It was dumb. But not the game. We still had 2 quarters to recover from that. And the offense cannot know our world beating defense was mentally already in the locker room. Till that point the defense had allowed 2 field goals and this play put us up in the game at that point.

There's nothing wrong w the timeout, there's no sensible reason not to let the play clock expire before calling it. That's all I'm saying. Sanchez didn't understand the game situation... at all.

I see what your saying but it would have let like 5 seconds run off right ? Its understood why it should not have been called but we dont have all the facts

Plax is not a deep threat . His best has been a 26 yard play for a TD. That's hurting us.

Bottomline our offense cannot stretch the field. So all we have is ground and pound. And whenever we have gone away from it the results have been disastrous.

you just repeated what I said ...I know we dont have a deep threat . Our offense is a joke and the overall design and inconsistency has been evident for years. We are predictable and its obvious and in those conditions you cant expect a QB to perform.

I see what your saying but it would have let like 5 seconds run off right ? Its understood why it should not have been called but we dont have all the facts

Good question. I thought Collinsworth said there were 20 seconds left, in which case, it's absolutely a boneheaded move. If it was only 5 seconds, I'll change my opinion on it totally.

you just repeated what I said ...I know we dont have a deep threat . Our offense is a joke and the overall design and inconsistency has been evident for years. We are predictable and its obvious and in those conditions you cant expect a QB to perform.

No sure what you are referring to. But I felt the same way about your very first response.

But as recently as last season we had 11 40+ yard plays. IIRC that put us in top 10 in the league.

This season we have 1 (do not recall which play that was).But that puts us dead last in the league. Dead last!

The coaching staff was horrible tonight on both sides of the ball.

Offensive game planning 101: Stick to your core competency first before going to something else. In other words, make the other team stop you at what you do BEST before relenting to something you don't do as well. The Jets are a rushing/play action pass offense. They need to try and establish the run FIRST in EVERY game in order for them to be successful throwing the ball. The amazing thing about tonight is that when they DID run the ball in the first half, they did it well, averaging almost 5 yards a carry. However, inexplicably, they went away from the run AND the play action, continually going into shotgun spread formations and 5 wide, minimum protection sets, even inside the 10 yard line. I'll NEVER understand the logic. In my opinion, tonight they saw they were playing the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL, and got coaxed into going away from what they do well. Run the ball and throw the ball off of play action. That is what the Jets are and there is nothing wrong with that. If a team comes in a focuses on stopping what you do well and they have success, THEN you adjust. The Patriots did not stop the Jets tonight ... the Jets stopped the Jets tonight and did the Patriots a favor by voluntarily going away from their "bread and butter" before they had to...

Schottenheimer continues to try and force the Jets to be an offense that they clearly are NOT, and as the head coach, Rex is just as responsble for letting it happen.

And speaking of the head coach and HIS defensive game plan ... hey Rex, can you see what other teams are doing to beat the Patriots? It's called P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E !!! Pressing the WR's, jamming the TE's at the line of scrimmage, and getting after Brady. Rex employed way to may 3 man rushes tonight, and at critical points in the game that killed us. You need to get guys in Brady's face all night to beat him.

And while we're on the preparation of the defense ... you think we can get guys lined up at the snap of the ball? I mean, is this the first time we've played the Patriots or a no-huddle offense? Jesus Christmas! How many times was the #1 WR not covered at the snap because we had guys running on and off the field due to late defensive play calls. Holy Christ!

The team played awful this week.

And the coaching staff was just as dreadful.

Worst coaching I have seen by any team this year. Obvious we were able to run the ball early so what does sh*tty do ? He runs 4 WR sets with no backs in the back field rather than continuing to pound away keeping the ball out of Bradys hands, or at the very least running some more play action. DUMB . Cant run play action with no god damn backs in the back field Shooty IDIOT.

Also why put McKnight back to field a punt when hes always been shakey receiving punts ? Absolutely stupid. When they said he was back their I cringed and yes he fumbled the ball with no one near him since the punter out kicked the coverage. DUMB

Notice how a real team adapts ?? The Pats were having trouble early so what do they do to open the third Quarter ? Go into No huddle and absolutely destroy our defense by wearing them down for the second half.

Other things .... How many balls do we have to drop on Sanchez ? How come we cant protect him vs a patchwork defense ? Why can't we create god damn mismatches vs said patchwork defense while NE had WR's running wide open all over the field at times ?

So Shotty had his game of the year last week and hes right back to being a frreaking Idiot. 7 Minutes left in the game down by 2 TD's and you run LT UP THE GOD DAMN MIDDLE ??? Really ? Are 30 seconds not important at this point in the game ?

In all honesty on the first drive I thought it was obvious we could have dominated this football game by running it down their throats but we did not 4 WR sets are much more Important than keeping the ball out of Bradys hands.

On the first drive (second and goal) did anyone Notice when Sanchez extended the play and they went to replay showing all of the Jets WR's basicly giving up on the play in the endzone while Sanchez kept the play alive twice ?? The only guy I saw actully make an effort was Keller and that was shocking enough, but do these guys want to win or have it ******* handed to them ?

While I think we have a good football team In no way can this team win 3 road games in a row with this kind of effort and inconsistency. At some point in the playoffs this crap catches up to you just like it has vs better coached teams in both of the last two AFC championship games. Even if this team gets hot im not sure if anyone on this board has the faith that a coaching staff like this can get us consistently through 3 road playoff games vs much better defenses than the Pats threw at us tonight.

Rant off /

I agree with you, if you look at the Pats offense, they we in hurry up mode there was a sense of urgency...You look at the Jets offense, they are slow to get back to the line of scrimmage and look like they have a 3 TD lead allowing time to roll off the clock. The play calling at best is Jeckle and Hide! We are up 9-6 and the defense does nothing. This game is not all on Sanchez, the play calling sucks, the defense is not good enough when it counts and then Sanchez presses...RUN THE F'en BALL you IDIOTS!

No sure what you are referring to. But I felt the same way about your very first response.

But as recently as last season we had 11 40+ yard plays. IIRC that put us

in top 10 in the league.

Spot on, since we lost Braylon we have no deep threat. Tone is having a terrible year. Plex is old and slow, both of them "dog it" and take plays off. The oline, oh wow, pass block what's that! Andre Carter you kidding me five sacks! No time to throw + lazy receivers + bad game planning = The Jets offence. Don't get into a shoot out with Brady run the ball eat the clock keep your D fresh. Just basic stuff.

This season we have 1 (do not recall which play that was).But that puts us dead last in the league. Dead last!

You know what would be nice? Having LB's that can cover so you can actually play in your base package instead of having 6-7 DB's on the field for the majority of the game.

But then again, I was told that Gronkowski and Hernandez were nothing to be worried about...

By who? And Gronkowski and Hernandez create matchup problems for everyone.

Sanchex sux.

This might be true, but he's not the only one.

Sanchez 5 sacks 9 QB knock downs

Brady 0 sacks, 1QB knock down

Tough environment to work in. Why Mulligan is still on the team is beyond me. Sole responsible for two sacks, just looks confused out there. Sadly he wasn't the only one

By who? And Gronkowski and Hernandez create matchup problems for everyone.

A bunch of Kool-Aid drinkers on this very site.

This isn't an "I told you so", but I figure if something is so painfully obvious to me, then an NFL coaching staff should be able to gameplan to maximize matching up their offensive strength against our defensive weakness.

Archived