NFL looking into video of Rex Cursing at fan

flgreen

Difference is he cursed directly at a fan, not a player. If you watch the video there is about a 9 YO kid in a Sanchez Jersey trying to high 5 the players as they come thru the tunnel. Not that he hasn't ever heard the F word before, but it is totally inappropriate from a HC.

The difference between what Rex did, and what Bellichick did was Lil Bill said his in private.

Rex should be, and will be fined

While I really dont give a sh*t and I love Rex, the guy cracks me up. I agree, you cant scream that going into the tunnel where kids gather to give players high fives. Take the curse word out and there's no issues here.

Still havent heard anyone answer this....does anyone have tix behind the bench...it looked like the players were jawing at the crowd. Find any news on this?

Difference is he cursed directly at a fan, not a player. If you watch the video there is about a 9 YO kid in a Sanchez Jersey trying to high 5 the players as they come thru the tunnel. Not that he hasn't ever heard the F word before, but it is totally inappropriate from a HC.

The difference between what Rex did, and what Bellichick did was Lil Bill said his in private.

Rex should be, and will be fined

I'd lay money on that 9 yo hearing much worse during the game.

Screw all this politically correct BS.

99% of us would have said the same thing to the heckler. Bobby Knight and Parcells became buddies when Parcells was playing basketball in college and after the game there was a skirmish where a fan was getting ready to punch Parcells. Knight saw this and cold cocked the fan before he could strike. Thats what this country was built on. Not this puxxy F word $hit.

I believe the video was taken at half time, so there goes the theory of Rex being in a bad mood after a loss. Rex, once again, showed no class. Do you think other coaches get heckled by fans when coming off the field? Happens all the time. Rex is the only idiot to respond. He will be fined for this for sure.

I believe the video was taken at half time, so there goes the theory of Rex being in a bad mood after a loss. Rex, once again, showed no class. Do you think other coaches get heckled by fans when coming off the field? Happens all the time. Rex is the only idiot to respond. He will be fined for this for sure.

How did you come up with the video being taken at halftime?

Unless, YOU were the one Rex was calling out when he shouted "STFU". Were you?

How did you come up with the video being taken at halftime?

Unless, YOU were the one Rex was calling out when he shouted "STFU". Were you?

rex was really hot about the TD drive, and I don't think slausen would go for a high five after the end of the game

Let's say for a moment that there was a machine that made you *vanish* the moment you uttered the f-word.

At the end of an NFL game, would there be ANYONE left in a stadium of 50,000 people?

If he wanted to shock that person's sensibilites, he should have said 'puppies!' or 'vanilla!' or 'bible verse!'. That would show them.

How did you come up with the video being taken at halftime? Unless, YOU were the one Rex was calling out when he shouted "STFU". Were you?

Because at 12 seconds you can hear some chick saying "you guys got this".... That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if it were at the end of the game now would it?

I'd lay money on that 9 yo hearing much worse during the game.

Screw all this politically correct BS.

99% of us would have said the same thing to the heckler. Bobby Knight and Parcells became buddies when Parcells was playing basketball in college and after the game there was a skirmish where a fan was getting ready to punch Parcells. Knight saw this and cold cocked the fan before he could strike. Thats what this country was built on. Not this puxxy F word $hit.

F You.

Don't you dare come here and defend Rex Ryan. :)

So just to be clear... the NFL is considering disciplining Rex for his comments, but Belichick's are just a-ok? This league is such a pathetic ******* joke. Goodell may be the only person in the NFL who is a bigger useless **** at his job than Schitt-for-brains or Eric "Trips" Smith.

You seriously don't see the difference? BB's quote was something he said privately to his son that some NY Post reporter overheard, for all we know it's bullsh*t. Rex Ryan cursed out a paying customer of the NFL in front of a lot of people including what could have been children. One the league has absolutely no proof of and makes no impact on them, Rex's is very bad for their image.

Rex Ryan cursed out a paying customer of the NFL in front of a lot of people including what could have been children.

Oh stop with the children bull sh*t already. Rex told a Patriot fan to shut the **** up. Big freaking deal. Have you ever been to a football game? What parent brings a child to a football game, and doesn't expect their child to hear foul language for 4 quarters strong? If a child heard foul language at the game Sunday night, don't blame Rex himself... Blame the parents, because trust me, Jet fans curse like crazy. And who cares if Rex cursed a paying customer? The fan got what he paid for. He talked sh*t to Rex, and Rex talked sh*t right back. Who really gives a flying ****.

Oh stop with the children bull sh*t already. Rex told a Patriot fan to shut the **** up. Big freaking deal. Have you ever been to a football game? What parent brings a child to a football game, and doesn't expect their child to hear foul language for 4 quarters strong? If a child heard foul language at the game Sunday night, don't blame Rex himself... Blame the parents, because trust me, Jet fans curse like crazy. And who cares if Rex cursed a paying customer? The fan got what he paid for. He talked sh*t to Rex, and Rex talked sh*t right back. Who really gives a flying ****.

Just curious ... are you a parent?

Do you understand how a business works? The NFL wants a place where someone can bring their family and not have to hear obscenities because that is great for their business. When a coach who is the one supposed to lead and be a ambassador for the league is cursing off to paying customers it looks awful for the league. It's really that simple. The hilarious thing is if this was another coach, especially if it was BB, people here would be flipping out about how classless and scummy he was.

Also Rex is a grown a$$ man, he should be mature enough to ignore an idiotic throw away comment. If he has a problem with one fan talking how the hell is he ever going to handle the NY media here when things start going really bad?

Do you understand how a business works? The NFL wants a place where someone can bring their family and not have to hear obscenities because that is great for their business. When a coach who is the one supposed to lead and be a ambassador for the league is cursing off to paying customers it looks awful for the league. It's really that simple. The hilarious thing is if this was another coach, especially if it was BB, people here would be flipping out about how classless and scummy he was.

You've shown me how the Internet works. People who don't actually experience things for themselves, feel like they are enlightened enough anyway to comment on a topic. To wit, I was actually there Sunday which you obviously were not. To say that the NFL cares a THING about the "Family Experience" on a Sunday Night 8:15 game, by scheduling division rivals, is obviously an exercise in ignorance. Why, you ask? Simply put they encourage a full day of drinking in a highly charged atmosphere, that none of the regular fans plan on being at. Well as a season ticket holder, I must say that most of my surrounding fans were new, ie they were StubHub purchasers and were incredibly intoxicated. One guy fell down two rows on one of our friends. He was removed by security, only to be let back in at the end of the quarter. The entire row above me was Patriots fans, my entire row was Jets fans. You have 3,500 posts. Should I consider you an ambassador for the Internet? Because you obviously have no fcking clue what you are talking about.

This was entirely set up for ratings and commercial revenue. Please don't come on here and talk about the family experience. Please don't talk about running a business and talk about the family experience.

You've shown me how the Internet works. People who don't actually experience things for themselves, feel like they are enlightened enough anyway to comment on a topic. To wit, I was actually there Sunday which you obviously were not. To say that the NFL cares a THING about the "Family Experience" on a Sunday Night 8:15 game, by scheduling division rivals, is obviously an exercise in ignorance. Why, you ask? Simply put they encourage a full day of drinking in a highly charged atmosphere, that none of the regular fans plan on being at. Well as a season ticket holder, I must say that most of my surrounding fans were new, ie they were StubHub purchasers and were incredibly intoxicated. One guy fell down two rows on one of our friends. He was removed by security, only to be let back in at the end of the quarter. The entire row above me was Patriots fans, my entire row was Jets fans. You have 3,500 posts. Should I consider you an ambassador for the Internet? Because you obviously have no fcking clue what you are talking about.

This was entirely set up for ratings and commercial revenue. Please don't come on here and talk about the family experience. Please don't talk about running a business and talk about the family experience.

Exactly. I laughed when I read his post. If the NFl cared about "family", they wouldn't sell beer to a bunch of crazy men. Yeah, some place for kids. It's wrong for a coach to use profanity because of "the kids", but it's not bad for the NFL to promote poison that ruins your body and mind? Funny. So, by the NFL allowing people to drink in their stadiums, with kids around... That's showing kids that drinking is o.k. Good job NFL.

Just curious ... are you a parent?

Loathe to agree with SuperHomahInQueens, but what kind of idiot parent thinks bringing his young child to a Sunday NIGHT PRIME-TIME game is a good idea?

That said, the NFL has to draw the line here. You can't flip the bird to fans, you can't say the eff word to a fan, but you can however, lick as many feet as you want! :)

BTW, most stadiums now have "family" sections - and they happen to be alcohol free sections. I find that amusing. Guess drinking responsibly isn't something they think can be done?

Archived