Great Day For Us

Smashmouth

What's with the negative vibes dude?

Its obvious to me they arent going to win out which I think is necessary. I have no faith in this team beating Philly or the Giants and the Dolphags will be having the SB on New Years Day - especially if they are playing spoiler.

When was the last time the Jets won 6 games in a row, let alone 8.

Its obvious to me they arent going to win out which I think is necessary. I have no faith in this team beating Philly or the Giants and the Dolphags will be having the SB on New Years Day - especially if they are playing spoiler.

When was the last time the Jets won 6 games in a row, let alone 8.

The question also remains whether Tennesee or Oakland can win out.

Dont get your hopes up, this team is not going to the playoffs. They lose at least 2 more games this season.

They win 2 out of the next 3 and go to the playoffs at 10- 6

if the Jets go 2-3 the other teams looking to grab the 6th spot must go 3-0 and I dont see that happening.

if we play like we are capable, we win out. We are a better team than the rest left on our schedule. Noone says that we have to lose a game because we havent lost in a couple of weeks just for that reason. If Rex has the jets hitting on all cylinders like we were last year in the playoffs we steam roll the rest of our games with the Giants being the only team that has the personnel to match up with us imo. Philly is a close second to the gmen.

The leonard injury is scary BUT we dealt with it last year and it has to help us this year. Has to...

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

If all teams in the WC hunt are 10-6 at the end of the year, the Jets get in?

No . but since we are 1 game ahead of all the other WC teams fightiong for the 6th spot if we win out we are in. If we go 2 out of 3 one of the other teams must win out to beat us out for the 6th spot .

Do the Jets get in if they don't win out?

When I run the remaining AFC games I don't see them making it without running the table unless Houston shows up on the final week against the Titans.

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

Titans hold ALL tie breakers against us, we need to finish 1 game ahead of them, also if we some how get in a 3 way tie, we lose every scenario even if Tennesse is not involved.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

I can't wait until a playoff berth is determined by rule 12. Coin Toss. IT'S GOING TO BE HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! (Unless the Jets are involved). It may take a few centuries, but it will happen!!

In looking at the schedules I honestly think the Titans have the best shot for the 2nd wild card spot. However, in typical Jet fashion I could see them somehow backing in and making some noise in the postseason.

I know that all of the games count the same but the Denver debacle is really the killer. A win at Denver and playoffs are about guaranteed by now.

In looking at the schedules I honestly think the Titans have the best shot for the 2nd wild card spot. However, in typical Jet fashion I could see them somehow backing in and making some noise in the postseason.

I know that all of the games count the same but the Denver debacle is really the killer. A win at Denver and playoffs are about guaranteed by now.

Only on JN is 6 straight wins "backing in".

Reading comprehension? Okay. I asked then, and I ask AGAIN - who HAS 6 straight wins? The right answer is - NO ONE. SHOULD the Jets win 6 straight, then I support your hypothetical that the Jets haven't "backed in." But you're already assuming that's a fact! I hope that's the case, but we ain't there yet homeboy.

Reading comprehension? Okay. I asked then, and I ask AGAIN - who HAS 6 straight wins? The right answer is - NO ONE. SHOULD the Jets win 6 straight, then I support your hypothetical that the Jets haven't "backed in." But you're already assuming that's a fact! I hope that's the case, but we ain't there yet homeboy.

Lost cause.

Archived