Victor Cruz says the Giants are going to throw the ball at Revis

Jetfan13

Apparently some of the New York Giants players didn't get the gist of Tom Coughlin's message today when he said, "Talk is cheap, play the game."

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports they not only fired back at the talkative Jets today, they did it in back page-worth fashion. Brandon Jacobs slapped them down for trying to make themselves think they’re better than they really are, and Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks took turns taking shots at Darrelle Revis.

Jacobs said “I think they’re trying to put something in people that may not be there. Sometimes I say things like ‘Man, maybe this won’t happen, but I’m going to make myself believe it.’ He’s trying to put something in people’s minds that might not really be there.”

When Hakeem Nicks was asked if he thought Revis was the best cornerback in football, he had a long, dramatic pause, looked away, and then said "He's decent."

He did later call him "great," but insisted their battle would be "even". And it will be a battle, because the Giants have no intention of avoiding Revis just because of his talent and reputation.

"Teams aren’t really scared (of him) anymore," Cruz said. "He’s got to earn his money this year. Teams aren’t really backing down. I feel like we’re going to do the same thing. We’re going to go out. Until he physically stops us we’re going to throw at him

Man I hope Revis locks him up....this guy has one good year and all of sudden he's running his mouth?

Reminds me of that guy on Jacksonville. Shot his mouth off all week about how Revis was nothing special and then come game day he didn't even play..real tough guy.

Archived