Muhammad Wilkerson Will Be a Pro Bowler

TNJet

This kid doesnt even look like a rookie at this point in the season. Hes progressed each weeek and it was great to see him get his 3rd sack of the season last sunday. When he arrives to the QB he arrives in a bad mood and I love that. He pretty much clubbed Eli down with his forearm :) Pro Bowl in 2 years.

How is there no doubt? He's better than Ellis right now.

Ellis might be out of the league next year.

yeah bc Ellis went to NE. But had he stayed he'd still be stout against the run, as always. Wilk has been a liability at times - like any rookie - at the POA.

but let me edit: "no doubt" -- in my mind. i dont deign to speak "for the record" itself.

yeah bc Ellis went to NE. But had he stayed he'd still be stout against the run, as always. Wilk has been a liability at times - like any rookie - at the POA.

but let me edit: "no doubt" -- in my mind. i dont deign to speak "for the record" itself.

what does going to NE have to do with it? Ellis is not what he once was. He's not even what he was last year. And he wasn't that great last year either. He had a teriffic playoff game.

He's got three sacks. Played every snap and got three sacks at DE. Was usually stout, but dissapeared at times. He wasn't a liability to be sure, but he's learning now and will need to progress in the next year (I think he will), before we can start to judge him. Pro Bowler? Who the hell knows? He was handed an job and he kept it as a rookie, which is more that can be said for Wilson. But Lineman need to learn an absolute ton of things before they hit their stride. Offense or defense. He's a worker and a solid contibutor as a rook. And that gives me a lot of hope that he can be special. But nothing so far has shown me that he can be dominant at his position. Pro Bowl DE's are elite game changers. We'll see what the next two years bring.

Wilkerson really reminds me of Ellis in that he may not be a unbelievable pass rusher but he seems to be very solid in all phases of the game.

Which makes the continued emergence of Maybin that much more important! This team needs a double digit sack guy badly.

He's this DL's long term Richard Seymour/Aaron Smith. Or if I choose to revel in this franchise's mediocre past...Shaun Ellis. No offense to Shaun Ellis...very good NFL player...just...you know...I'd like to allow myself to think big. Should be an anchor here for a long time. Way bigger and more versatile than I thought he'd be as a rookie. As a rookie he's doing all the things the great DT and 3-4 DL get used for, which says alot.

I'd like two more please. I want a Seymour/Wilfork/Warren type DL...one of those DLs that are crap your pants good.

He's this DL's long term Richard Seymour/Aaron Smith. Or if I choose to revel in this franchise's mediocre past...Shaun Ellis. No offense to Shaun Ellis...very good NFL player...just...you know...I'd like to allow myself to think big. Should be an anchor here for a long time. Way bigger and more versatile than I thought he'd be as a rookie. As a rookie he's doing all the things the great DT and 3-4 DL get used for, which says alot.

I'd like two more please. I want a Seymour/Wilfork/Warren type DL...one of those DLs that are crap your pants good.

I think Kenrick Ellis could turn into that in a year or so. He's 6-5 350, with athletic ability.

Kenrick Ellis was my sun, the moon, and the stars in last years draft.

He is not on the same planet as Wilfork as a player. Wilforks a future HOF if I ever seen one.

More like an overrated fat slob that just happens to start for the worlds pampered Patriots.

Archived