Some thoughts on Chad Pennington

Maxman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, you got your tax returns in the mail yesterday and are looking for a boost in ad revenue?

No we can't file the returns, don't have all our info just yet.

Not going to lie, this year was profitable. This will be the at least 4th year in a row the site was profitable and this year it might actually be in the 4 digits. Not sure yet. I am willing to guarantee high 3 digit profitability though, lol.

But that is off-topic. This thread is about Chad and our quest for 2 million posts his Jets history and rehab from injury.

Its amazing to me what hostility that Jet fans have to Ken Obrien and Chad Pennington. WTF? These guys were good qb's on a team that has had a history of bad qb play. Why such hostility?

I loved Kenny O and I was a huge Chad fan. These two guys gave the team hope and took the team to the playoffs. This is one of the reasons why people look at Jets fans and say..."Those guys are fools..."

Chad was a leader. Kenny O could have been the shizz if not for a sack dance penalty and for a rash of injuries that took a 10-1 team to 10-6. Please, lets at least respect what they did for the team. Chrebet is also a guy that should be a Jet icon...

LL

I'm struggling between is he serious and is he trying to get to 2,000,000 post by the end of the week.

A good webmaster would never go all in for 2 million by the end of the week. Think Curtis Martin, 4 yards at a time is all it takes. This is a marathon, not a sprint. :)

I agree and have thought about this on more than one occasion... 2 AFC championship games with Chad and our defense at the time...I think we would have at least 1 Super Bowl.

I always liked Chad and I think he got a raw deal with the whole Favre thing...just wished he was more durable.

That is the thing, his durability probably would have ruined it no matter what. So the old if he was healthy thing is a big assumption. But if he was, he definitely could have gotten it done here.

Just sit back and learn son. Sit back and learn. They will be writing this one up in the text books.

It really is pure genius. This is the first time since I have known you that I didn't think you had the intellectual ability of a chimp throwing feces as zoo visiters.

Its amazing to me what hostility that Jet fans have to Ken Obrien and Chad Pennington. WTF? These guys were good qb's on a team that has had a history of bad qb play. Why such hostility?

And likewise it's amazing to some of us that people actually think Chad was a good QB or anything buy the charlatan snake oil salesman we believe him to be..

I loved Kenny O and I was a huge Chad fan. These two guys gave the team hope and took the team to the playoffs. This is one of the reasons why people look at Jets fans and say..."Those guys are fools..."

Chad was a leader. Kenny O could have been the shizz if not for a sack dance penalty and for a rash of injuries that took a 10-1 team to 10-6. Please, lets at least respect what they did for the team. Chrebet is also a guy that should be a Jet icon...

LL

Kenny O? Sure. Chadwick? Yeah, no thanks. Any time he played an even slightly decent defense (or the Patriots) it was all but a guaranteed loss. Not to mention I've never seen a QB more incapable of leading a late game comeback.

Kenny O? Sure. Chadwick? Yeah, no thanks. Any time he played an even slightly decent defense (or the Patriots) it was all but a guaranteed loss. Not to mention I've never seen a QB more incapable of leading a late game comeback.

You certainly are under valuing intangibles.

Ok so how about this....

Lets make a list about 7 QBs. Put in Arm Strength, Intelligence, Leadership and Ability to Rally (10-1 scale...10 best and 1 worst). Then post your top 7 (if there were even 7) qbs the Jets have ever had.

For me, I did not witness Namath play so I am excluding him....

1) Kenny O'Brien (Scores 10 AS, 8 Int., 8 Leadership, 8 AtR = 34 qb pts)

2) Vinny Testaverde (Scores 10 AS, 6 Int, 7 Leadership, 7 AtR = 30 Qb pts )

3) Chadwick Pennington (Scores 6 AS, 9 Int, 7 Leadership, 6 AtR = 28 QB Pts)

4) Brett Farve (Scores 10AS, 6 Int, 5 Leadership, 7 AtR = 28 Qb Pts)

5) Mark Sanchez (Scores 7AS, 7 Int, 6 Leadership, 7 Atr = 27Pts)

6) Neil O'Donnell (Scores 8 AS, 5 Int, 5 Leadership, 5 ATR = 23 Pts)

7) Boomer Esiason (Scores 9 AS, 6 Int, 4 Leadership, 3 ATR = 22 Pts)

Just my thoughts....(It only counts with time on the Jets...exclusive of what they did outside of the team).

LL

in hindsight, the Favre siging was kind of a detriment to the organization and may have cost us a super bowl in the following years with the release of Pennington. I know there was a lot of excitement with Favre and they sold a lot of jerseys, but Chad's release really hurt us the following 2 years. He played pretty well for the Fins.

It was a bold move by the Jets and Mike T....but ultimately a bad one

in hindsight, the Favre siging was kind of a detriment to the organization and may have cost us a super bowl in the following years with the release of Pennington. I know there was a lot of excitement with Favre and they sold a lot of jerseys, but Chad's release really hurt us the following 2 years. He played pretty well for the Fins.

It was a bold move by the Jets and Mike T....but ultimately a bad one

I suppose it's all a matter of opinion. Quite to the contrary, to this day I still say the Favre trade was great for the future of the Jets, as it's what finally allowed the team to separate itself from the curse of Chadwick. The guy couldn't even stay on the field, and when he was out there, all he did was play mediocre enough to keep himself from getting cut / benched, but not nearly well enough to actually have the team ever accomplish anything.

Not that Sanchez has done much better, but making a change at least gave the team a shot at finding someone who could.

I suppose it's all a matter of opinion. Quite to the contrary, to this day I still say the Favre trade was great for the future of the Jets, as it's what finally allowed the team to separate itself from the curse of Chadwick. The guy couldn't even stay on the field, and when he was out there, all he did was play mediocre enough to keep himself from getting cut / benched, but not nearly well enough to actually have the team ever accomplish anything.

Not that Sanchez has done much better, but making a change at least gave the team a shot at finding someone who could.

I know it was rough with Chad a lot of times, and I hear what you're saying...and I see your point. I just kinda feel the same as Max.... Remove Sanchez from Rex's 1st two years and insert Chad. See what happens, or what would have happened. The guy seemed reborn down in Miami, played well for them.

Here's a hypothetical for you, if Favre had stayed with the Jets under Rex with his defense...do the Jets win one?

I know it was rough with Chad a lot of times, and I hear what you're saying...and I see your point. I just kinda feel the same as Max.... Remove Sanchez from Rex's 1st two years and insert Chad. See what happens, or what would have happened. The guy seemed reborn down in Miami, played well for them.

Here's a hypothetical for you, if Favre had stayed with the Jets under Rex with his defense...do the Jets win one?

The Favre one is a tougher question, and I think there's certainly a shot. As far as Chad goes, his playoff record is less than stellar, and in his one postseason game with the Dolphins he had a horrendously awful game, so I have little reason to believe there's anything he would have done in either the 09 or 10 postseason that would have gotten the Jets any further than they did, if even that far, and that's assuming he stayed healthy and those two regular seasons went the same, which is hardly a given.

Well we are going to simply the offense...

That is the thing, you never had to simplify things for Chad. For his name to even be mentioned as a Rhodes Scholar finalist shows how smart he is...

Chad was so good at taking the free 5 yards when the defense would try to get other guys on and off the field. He simply got the team to the line, hiked the ball and took the free five. Brilliant.

That is the thing, you never had to simplify things for Chad. For his name to even be mentioned as a Rhodes Scholar finalist shows how smart he is...

Chad was so good at taking the free 5 yards when the defense would try to get other guys on and off the field. He simply got the team to the line, hiked the ball and took the free five. Brilliant.

Sanchez has the ability to inflect his cadence to draw the other team off, maybe they should focus on that?

Archived