Ed Reed criticizes Flacco for his play against the Texans

Jetfan13

at least he put his name on it.

A day after saying that the Ravens defense is still the “big brother” of the team, free safety Ed Reed called out Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco according to Matt Vensel of the Baltimore Sun.

In a Monday interview with SiriusXM satellite radio, Reed said Flacco “was kind of rattled a little bit” Sunday.

“They had a lot of guys in the box on him and they were giving it to him. I think a couple of times he needed to get rid of the ball. It just didn’t look like he had a hold on the offense,” Reed said. “I don’t know how much of [that was] the play calling … but it just didn’t look like he had a hold on the offense, you know, of times past.

Reed believes Flacco must pick up his play in the AFC Championship game.

“He can’t play like that,” Reed said. “One specific play that sticks out to me was when Ray Rice came out and got pushed out of the backfield and [Flacco] still threw him the ball and he had Torrey Smith on the outside. I can see that sitting on the sideline or sitting in the stands. You don’t know what someone else is seeing.”

You would have liked to keep this sort of thing in-house, but nothing was inherently wrong with what he said. They're not going to beat the Pats with Flacco playing that poorly.

No they won't. I do believe of all the AFC playoff teams the Ravens have the best chance to beat the Pats cause of their elite defense, they still need the offense to step it up to try and play catch up.

He's right. I don't understand why bad QB's need to be babied.. The other day Reed was on NFL siruis and he was talking about how well Flacco played and it was clearly disingenuous, anyone who watched the game knows how poorly flacco played.

I know I like it better as a fan.. :D

He's right. I don't understand why bad QB's need to be babied.. The other day Reed was on NFL siruis and he was talking about how well Flacco played and it was clearly disingenuous, anyone who watched the game knows how poorly flacco played.

I know I like it better as a fan.. :biggrin:

What Reed did, did not totally tear Flacco down. he criticized one game, one performance, and that it did not measure up to what had been done in the past. If he was a leader, he would have gone directly to Flacco, and gone over this with him, after he said it in the press.

What was done to Sanchez was an uncalled for blast and a direct assault on his work ethic. That is about as low of a blow you can do to an athlete.

What Reed did, did not totally tear Flacco down. he criticized one game, one performance, and that it did not measure up to what had been done in the past. If he was a leader, he would have gone directly to Flacco, and gone over this with him, after he said it in the press.

What was done to Sanchez was an uncalled for blast and a direct assault on his work ethic. That is about as low of a blow you can do to an athlete.

Well ya, cause as you said a few posts above, winning cure everything.. If Baltimore shuts down Brady and Flacco puts up a stinker and they lose, then the real nasty stuff will come out

Archived