REX TO BE ON MIKE FRANCESCA RADIO FRIDAY 1:30 PM

DepressedJet

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike wanted to know if he is not lazy then why then did he (Mark) have such a crappy year.. Rex wont give any specifics he is kind of throwing Shotty under the bus indirectly by says that Sparano is going to be a better fit. Said they did interview Callhand but Tony was a much better fit for the team

Usual nonsense. Both sound liek they want to go get a f___in' snack.

Must say that babbling about Ground and Pound as a NFL failsafe in 2012 is scary. Either you throw the ball well or you will lose. And that he hasn't really learned that desptie losing 3 AFC title games(going back to the Ravens) in a row until today and didn't make the playoffs at all this year is deflating. Rex is his dad, and his dad was a failure for not giving a sh!t about offense except not committing turnovers.

ask Rex if he did a bad job by not Checking Holmes crap earlier in the year. Same BS that's my strength pulse in the team and might not of know the scope of the problem (LT did ) he said that he looked outside for to many opinions and he need to trust him self. And he swears he will be more involved in the offence next year.

Good interview thusfar

Rex said he made mistakes, willing to learn

I'm not hearing that. I'm hearing the same bullheaded nonsense about toughness, ground and pound. C'mon. Either he is delusional or lying. Now he is a way smarter guy and better coach than either Mangini or idiot Edwards. But he still as per this talk not getting that his offense is not ever going to get it done unless he changes things and personnel radically.

I'm not hearing that. I'm hearing the same bullheaded nonsense about toughness, ground and pound. C'mon. Either he is delusional or lying. Now he is a way smarter guy and better coach than either Mangini or idiot Edwards. But he still as per this talk not getting that his offense is not ever going to get it done unless he changes things and personnel radically.

What interview are you listening too?

Rex sounds much more humble to me than he EVER has.

No doubt.. I wonder what Steve Young told him

Im actually pretty happy with this interview. Things will be different and I think Rex will be better for it. He sounds confident in Sparano helping Mark and love that he talked about chunk plays again. Getting mark in play action is the key and sparano will hopefully get it done!

No doubt.. I wonder what Steve Young told him

Steve Young made comments on how Rex talks brash etc. So Rex called Young and asked why that is a problem. Young said to him you treat offensive players and defensive players the same. He said that they are not the same. Then Rex heard what LT said about the talking. Rex said after those two players made comments he said that talking brash and putting a target on your back is more pressure on offense than defense. Defensive players hit and offensive players are getting hit. And if you have a target on your back your going to get hit harder.

Steve Young made comments on how Rex talks brash etc. So Rex called Young and asked why that is a problem. Young said to him you treat offensive players and defensive players the same. He said that they are not the same. Then Rex heard what LT said about the talking. Rex said after those two players made comments he said that talking brash and putting a target on your back is more pressure on offense than defense. Defensive players hit and offensive players are getting hit. And if you have a target on your back your going to get hit harder.

Mark Sanchez will owe a thank you to Steve Young at some point next year.

I genuinely like Rex Ryan, and he is the best coach we have had since Parcells.

But the Ground and Pound thing is foolishness; I know I'm beating it to death. Simply the rules beg you to pass. Good defenses, Ryan 4-6 defenses, get beat regularly by superior QB play. You have to throw the ball to win anything.Winning teams run to run the clcok out, not to "establish the run". I understand Rex Ryan wants to be true to himself, but that is pretty much the ideas his dad had. And it failed. The interview does show that he is willing to be more critical, more involved and to self-scout better. But he still has this huge blind spot, despite having each of his seasons end because his QB sucked or the other QB could throw or both.

Even his outlook on Sunday's games; the Pats and Giants run the ball as an afterthought and both have great QBs. The only way the Ravens or Niners win is if their QBs play well like Alex Smith did last week. And instead Rex is babbling about Terrell Suggs and defense. Does he watch other teams, or is he so locked into what he believes that he doesn't even see nor understand the trends in his industry? If you saw "Moneyball", it's like the head scout not grasping his way of doing business is calcified crap and the world has passed him by.

Bugg I feel the same way that you do-Rex's style of football on both sides of the ball seems to be out of step with what is happening in the game circa 2012. It's a different game than it was even 3 years ago when Rex first got here. Belichick has helped transform it with Brady and the TE positions-attacking the defenses right up the gut and making slower inside LBs and safeties the biggest liability. I can't help but feel we aren't ever going to be as good as we were two years ago. I'm sorry and I hate to be this kind of a Jets fan but I can't help but see what I am seeing and feeling the way I do. This is a passing league and having a top tiered defense isn't as important as it used to be if you have a QB like Brady in your division for the next 7 years...I can't see the Jets ever winning the AFCE as long as we have to contend with a QB of his caliber-UNLESS, we get Peyton Manning and I strongly feel that Woody Johnson knows at least as much as I do about the game of football and think he'll do everything he can to try and get him. We ain't going to a Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez at QB in 2012

Bugg I feel the same way that you do-Rex's style of football on both sides of the ball seems to be out of step with what is happening in the game circa 2012. It's a different game than it was even 3 years ago when Rex first got here. Belichick has helped transform it with Brady and the TE positions-attacking the defenses right up the gut and making slower inside LBs and safeties the biggest liability. I can't help but feel we aren't ever going to be as good as we were two years ago. I'm sorry and I hate to be this kind of a Jets fan but I can't help but see what I am seeing and feeling the way I do. This is a passing league and having a top tiered defense isn't as important as it used to be if you have a QB like Brady in your division for the next 7 years...I can't see the Jets ever winning the AFCE as long as we have to contend with a QB of his caliber-UNLESS, we get Peyton Manning and I strongly feel that Woody Johnson knows at least as much as I do about the game of football and think he'll do everything he can to try and get him. We ain't going to a Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez at QB in 2012

Neither his nor his brother's defense stops anyone when it matters.Tlak about rankings, what ever. Our defense takes away the top WR with Revis and....that's it. There's no pass rush. it gives up big plays. It cannot get off the field on 3rd down. We seem to be behind every game. Granted an offense that's a 3 and out machine gives the other offense more possessions every game. But it keeps coming abck to a stupid, passive offense that doens't take the game to an opponent by forcing to keep up.

In 2012 you need to score more points and more TDs, and that means you have to be able to pass the ball. When idiots babble baout "establishing the run", it's Joe Theissmann nonsense. Running for a bunch of yards is a byproduct of winning football because teams are ahead late run the ball to burn clock. To think it's reason it mistaking an outcome for causation.

How he could say the Ravens will beat the Pats shows his myopia. Flacco is Sanchez. He won last week despite an awful effort.The las t time he faced the pats Flacco was 4-for-10 for 34 yards with an interception. That is not getting to done unless Suggs knocks out Brady.

Archived