Rex Ryan says Schottenheimer's offense was too complex

Jetfan13

The idiot has never had a losing season despite playing with one of the worst QBs in the league.

The idiot drafted the awful QB, doesnt that make him one? Tanny has no clue on eval, he is taking Rex's word on everything.

this was a 6-10 team this year, the Pokes and 2nd Jill games were gifts, The Skins game i almost drove off the highway as well

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love it. Everyone wanted Schotty gone. He was stunting Mark's growth. Whether it was system, coaching, development, all Schotty. Now's he gone, we have a new OC who is going to simplify things and Rex basically confirms that it was the system but thats not good enough. Too funny.

Sorry, but I really wonder about a kid who found the words to be too big in a football offense.

Brees goes through his progressions ridiculously fast like he's got 3 pairs of eyeballs, is amazing at moving around in a collapsing pocket, and is deadly accurate so he needs only the smallest window to fit it into. He also leads his receivers phenomenally well so he doesn't need a lot of air to get a lot of yards on a pass. He also seems a good deal smarter than Sanchez, who can't do any of those things except by accident where the law of averages dictates he'll periodically make some absolutely perfect passes.

Sorry, I missed the part of my post where I was comparing Mark Sanchez to Drew Brees.

He's the HC who drafted him, was he not?

Rex is responsible for Mark not developing, too.

When a HC has no valuable insight to offer, ie aide in development of the QB, it's a problem.

I'm sure he does. I wouldnt take every thing Rex Ryan says to the media as the gospel. I'm sure he helps in his development. Maybe not from the X and O standpoint, maybe more the mindset thing, but you coach to your strengths. Pretending to be something you're not isnt effective. Its why there are so many coaches on staff, its why you have 3 coordinators, its why some professors teach English and others teach History. Both of them should be able to make you a better student, but you English prof. may not have all the answers for your History exam.

I'm sure he does. I wouldnt take every thing Rex Ryan says to the media as the gospel. I'm sure he helps in his development. Maybe not from the X and O standpoint, maybe more the mindset thing, but you coach to your strengths. Pretending to be something you're not isnt effective. Its why there are so many coaches on staff, its why you have 3 coordinators, its why some professors teach English and others teach History. Both of them should be able to make you a better student, but you English prof. may not have all the answers for your History exam.

87672d1326837446-barber-hone-cleaning-sterilizing-billy_madison_principal_no_points_mercy_soul_movie_image_01.jpg

Because only the QB has to learn the offense, no one else on the unit is responsible.

Im sure the brilliant WR's on the Jets had No problems at all with the Jets complex offense and ran perfect routes. Complex offenses make it hard for the entire offense not just the QB and the only fact here is that not a damn one of you should be putting all the responsibility on the QB without anything to back it up. Im not saying he has no blame in the situation but its ignorantly stupid to blame it all on him like some do without ANY of the facts to back up the claim. When you get NFL film, A Jets playbook and terminology then you can make a better decision until then dont blame this on one guy especially when the WR's on this team have been called out before for not working hard on other teams.

Like I said Blame can be passed across the board including Shotty not just the QB. Asking some players to "think" too much hurts thier ability to be instinctive and they begin to slow down. Simplifying helps them use more of their physical talents and most of the teams loaded down with talent probably do this since defenses have problems dealing with their physical abilities.

Heres a little summary for those who like to cherry pick posts to make their arguements, Im blaming the entire Team and coaching staff and yes this includes Mark Sanchez, the WR's The RB's The O-Line and the OC. Nost of all I blame the OC and the overall lack of talent

The idiot drafted the awful QB, doesnt that make him one? Tanny has no clue on eval, he is taking Rex's word on everything.

this was a 6-10 team this year, the Pokes and 2nd Jill games were gifts, The Skins game i almost drove off the highway as well

Huh? They were 8-8 and at one point were 8-5 and controlled their own destiny. They also were in position to take 1st place in the AFCE. You're acting like this team won 4 games. Sanchez sucks, so do a lot of others QB in the league. There's a bit of luck associated with drafting a QB. Nobody expected Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers to the be toast of the NFL. If they did, they would have been 1st overall picks.

Sorry, but I really wonder about a kid who found the words to be too big in a football offense.

Yeah, he's awful. Its almost like you guys are forgetting I hate the ******* kid. I'm not defending him. I'm just saying I could see this offense being very simple yet effective with the right pieces. Dumb it down for the kid. Maybe this offense helps reduce the turnovers. There was at least 4 games this year that we lost because he was handing the ball to the other team.

We're not in position for Luck. There's no FA thats a lock to unseat him. We're stuck with this pos. Let me be cautiously optimistic that this offense can disguise how bad he sucks.

Gotta love it. Everyone wanted Schotty gone. He was stunting Mark's growth. Whether it was system, coaching, development, all Schotty. Now's he gone, we have a new OC who is going to simplify things and Rex basically confirms that it was the system but thats not good enough. Too funny.

What's too funny is that you're forced to defend Sanchez in order to defend rex.. bahahahah

Yeah, he's awful. Its almost like you guys are forgetting I hate the ******* kid. I'm not defending him. I'm just saying I could see this offense being very simple yet effective with the right pieces. Dumb it down for the kid. Maybe this offense helps reduce the turnovers. There was at least 4 games this year that we lost because he was handing the ball to the other team.

We're not in position for Luck. There's no FA thats a lock to unseat him. We're stuck with this pos. Let me be cautiously optimistic that this offense can disguise how bad he sucks.

I feel the same way...like I said I like Sporano here...I'm just being a c-word...I expect an offense in concept similar to '09 and definitely '10...lots of groundz and poundz mixed with shots downfield...Hopefully the young shytedyck puts in work this offseason to make sure it works on the field on Sundays there in Fall 2012.

What's too funny is that you're forced to defend Sanchez in order to defend rex.. bahahahah

Not really. Sanchez is awful. But they made this bed by drafting him. Clearly I think/thought that was a huge mistake...but Rex has shown he can win despite him. I'm just saying if this offense is more along the lines of his philosophy which can hide Sanchez, then I'm open to giving it a chance before I completely dismiss it.

Look, the bottom line is, Sanchez is worthless so you dont go install a pass happy offense that everyone is screaming for so maybe this is the recipe for success. I doubt it because Sanchez sucks but I'm in the mood for hope.

Not really. Sanchez is awful. But they made this bed by drafting him. Clearly I think/thought that was a huge mistake...but Rex has shown he can win despite him. I'm just saying if this offense is more along the lines of his philosophy which can hide Sanchez, then I'm open to giving it a chance before I completely dismiss it.

Look, the bottom line is, Sanchez is worthless so you dont go install a pass happy offense that everyone is screaming for so maybe this is the recipe for success. I doubt it because Sanchez sucks but I'm in the mood for hope.

Only way jets are competive in 2012 is if they pick Trent in rd 1, and to get him they prob have to move up and that prob is not a good move, given depth issues

Greene is not a stud where G&P will work. Hillis may be a FA signin as well

i also for the most part agree with jif .. I think rex has some dated offensive ideas, and treats sanchez like a baby, but the guy's been a good coach thus far

Partly, sure...but he knows you have to pass to win. I mean, he's openly in love with Manning. He knows you have to sling it around but he cant. He installed the ground and pound offense because its obviously his philosophy but he was also starting a rookie Qb, who unfortunately ended up sucking.

I think Rex wished he could sling it around. Remember the comment "thats what a HOF Qb's does for you". He knows dude. He just ****ed himself by letting the little model sweet talk him.

Carl Nicks says, "sh*t, I'd look good in Green."

nickstraining_medium.jpg

This would be sick nasty awesome. I'm not into throwing more big dollar dollar bills y'all at OL, but a young stud like Nicks is a whole different story. He came into the draft as a T prospect so maybe try him at RT too...Or just keep him at LG where he's arguably the best in the game right now...

Only way jets are competive in 2012 is if they pick Trent in rd 1, and to get him they prob have to move up and that prob is not a good move, given depth issues

I'm relieved more people are thinking this. A RB who feels every hit and is usually good to miss a few snaps to injury a game is not what you build a monster running game around. The one major difference between this offense and the Ravens' is that the Ravens have Rice for their backfield purposes while the Jets wait and hope on Greene.

So a team who despite awful QB play, awful execution from their olne, who had a multitude of injuries but were still at one point playing for first place in the AFCE, who at one point controlled their own destiny for the WC, who technically could have still got in on the last week of the year, who ended 8-8 which was good enough to win the AFCW is all of a sudden not going to be competitive next season?

Why exactly?

Huh? They were 8-8 and at one point were 8-5 and controlled their own destiny. They also were in position to take 1st place in the AFCE. You're acting like this team won 4 games. Sanchez sucks, so do a lot of others QB in the league. There's a bit of luck associated with drafting a QB. Nobody expected Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers to the be toast of the NFL. If they did, they would have been 1st overall picks.

Artguably the only thing on Tannebaum's resume is crafting a contract the Pats couldn't match on Martin. Ratther than babble about the wonderful talents of Vlad Dukie-asse, he should be doing that right now for Brees (worth 2 #1s) or failing in that Matt Flynn.

Sanchez blows. Cut bait and be done with him.

I'm relieved more people are thinking this. A RB who feels every hit and is usually good to miss a few snaps to injury a game is not what you build a monster running game around. The one major difference between this offense and the Ravens' is that the Ravens have Rice for their backfield purposes while the Jets wait and hope on Greene.

I also agree Greene is not a #1.

Archived