Rex Ryan says Schottenheimer's offense was too complex

Jetfan13

Artguably the only thing on Tannebaum's resume is crafting a contract the Pats couldn't match on Martin. Ratther than babble about the wonderful talents of Vlad Dukie-asse, he should be doing that right now for Brees (worth 2 #1s) or failing in that Matt Flynn.

Sanchez blows. Cut bait and be done with him.

I really don't get the Matt Flynn affinity, esepcially since he won't come cheap. He's with the hot girl in school right now sure, but leaving to run his own ship already? Let the Dolphins take that risk.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U must be kidding right? 99 yd TD to Cruzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tebow 30 yd run to win game

21 play drive by Phins

This Def scares no one

Not only that but most of the better offenses we played had their way with us.

Eagles were just to fast and we simply did not match up

The Pats basicly exploited our weak safties

Did we stop a good offense all year ? trying to remember

Will our slow LB's magicly get fast next year ? Will our Safties learn to cover ? Can we put pressure without having to blitz ? The answer to all those questions is No. The only reason most teams dont score alot of points or put up big yardage numbers on the Jets is because we take away their WR's

This would be sick nasty awesome. I'm not into throwing more big dollar dollar bills y'all at OL, but a young stud like Nicks is a whole different story. He came into the draft as a T prospect so maybe try him at RT too...Or just keep him at LG where he's arguably the best in the game right now...

Will always hate Callahan for not forcing Mangini/Tanny to draft him.

A defense showing a different look, what a concept.....

Keeping your best defensive player at one isolated position all game is foolish.

I said my peace on the matter. I won't stop you from discussing it in your thread. Discussing possible players and stuff is one thing, debating whether Rex's scheme works is another.

So a team who despite awful QB play, awful execution from their olne, who had a multitude of injuries but were still at one point playing for first place in the AFCE, who at one point controlled their own destiny for the WC, who technically could have still got in on the last week of the year, who ended 8-8 which was good enough to win the AFCW is all of a sudden not going to be competitive next season?

Why exactly?

Why? quite simple

We played an EZ schedule, pats did not beat 1 team over 500, reason why pats are 13-3

Sanchez blows most agree

OL underachieves

Def scares no one. No pressure from DL. LB's are slow safeties suk

Soprano isnt the answer

Romo gifted us Pokes game and Stevie J did same in 2nd Jills game.

EyeTest tells me this is closer to a 6-10 team.

I have zero faith in Tanny evaluating any Talent, an accountant who can play cap games

I see 4 years of hell coming if sanchez is starting QB

Artguably the only thing on Tannebaum's resume is crafting a contract the Pats couldn't match on Martin. Ratther than babble about the wonderful talents of Vlad Dukie-asse, he should be doing that right now for Brees (worth 2 #1s) or failing in that Matt Flynn.

Sanchez blows. Cut bait and be done with him.

Love it. But I just dont see Brees leaving NO. I think he said the other day he's going to be a Saint for the rest of his career. Flynn would be awesome. Wonder how much Philbin influences him going to Miami.

Why? quite simple

We played an EZ schedule, pats did not beat 1 team over 500, reason why pats are 13-3

Sanchez blows most agree

OL underachieves

Def scares no one. No pressure from DL. LB's are slow safeties suk

Soprano isnt the answer

Romo gifted us Pokes game and Stevie J did same in 2nd Jills game.

EyeTest tells me this is closer to a 6-10 team.

I have zero faith in Tanny evaluating any Talent, an accountant who can play cap games

I see 4 years of hell coming if sanchez is starting QB

Haha! Step of the cliff brother. Its not nearly that bad. I wont argue with you. But I disagree. Except with Sanchez, he stinks. But the team is good enough to win despite him...like they have been for the last 3 years. If we could upgrade. Look out!

.......his scheme didnt work this year.

you know whats funny about Rex ...he keeps saying he will stay "true to himself" yet over the three years hes been here hes become less and less agressive . In year one this team blitzed the hell out of QB's and forced them to only have one or 2 quick reads before we were in their face. Last year he used less blitz and this year even less. Giving QB's time is not a Ryan Trait and Im not sure why he became more conservative on defense but I Miss the exotic blitzes we saw in year 1 of Rex. has he stayed "true to himself" ?

Bree's is very good but he was nowhere near this level until he started playing with a HC/offensive mind like Sean Payton. Not to mention dome conditions.

Not as much as you think. He was just throwing less frequently in SD and with good reasons. Hell, they had LT in his prime in San Diego and who were his home run threats at WR, Eric Parker and 36 year old Keenan McCardell?

you know whats funny about Rex ...he keeps saying he will stay "true to himself" yet over the three years hes been here hes become less and less agressive . In year one this team blitzed the hell out of QB's and forced them to only have one or 2 quick reads before we were in their face. Last year he used less blitz and this year even less. Giving QB's time is not a Ryan Trait and Im not sure why he became more conservative on defense but I Miss the exotic blitzes we saw in year 1 of Rex. has he stayed "true to himself" ?

I think he was correct in dialing down the blitzes. Those worked great in 2009 when the league had no film on them.

They stopped being effective in 2010, the league adjusted, so Rex did too. And Jets beat the pats and colts in the playoffs by NOT blitzing.

You cant blitz your way to a superbowl. You have to mix it up. Which is why keeping Revis at 1 position for every game is so foolish. Yes, at times that should be the strategy but why do that against every team? So he can shutdown has-been WRs while their TEs/slot WRs carve us up?

Not as much as you think. He was just throwing less frequently in SD and with good reasons. Hell, they had LT in his prime in San Diego and who were his home run threats at WR, Eric Parker and 36 year old Keenan McCardell?

ahh so your saying talent has something to do with it ?? Yet you blame Sanchez for starting the season with a Moron in Santonio , a 34 year old Plax fresh out of jail 38 year old Derrick Mason who grabbed a pay check a 32 year old LT who was hurt a lot in the middle of the season and no other real RB able to catch a pass consistently ?? This is all ok but Brees didnt have the talent in SD early on ?? Really ?

I think he was correct in dialing down the blitzes. Those worked great in 2009 when the league had no film on them.

They stopped being effective in 2010, the league adjusted, so Rex did too. And Jets beat the pats and colts in the playoffs by NOT blitzing.

You cant blitz your way to a superbowl. You have to mix it up. Which is why keeping Revis at 1 position for every game is so foolish. Yes, at times that should be the strategy but why do that against every team? So he can shutdown has-been WRs while their TEs/slot WRs carve us up?

Changing up in the playoffs is fine because the Jets really had no choice since both the Pats and Colts were able to pick up our blitz. But most other teams had issue picking it up

Rex is an idiot sorry, i liked him 1st yr, started to dislike him last yr and i cant stand him this yr. He is at best a DC and his Def has declined every year

So you started to dislike him before we went on the road and beat Peyton and Brady in their homes and you went right on disliking him throughout that playoff run,huh? Even if that's true, it's damning.

My only major issue with Sanchez right now is THAT HE NEEDS TO RENEGOTIATE HIS DISGUSTING CONTRACT.

Seems to me that unless the pipe dream of Peyton Manning happens, Sanchez will be the starting QB. Well dickwad, if you want to be any good and have a career past 2012 the Jets need a new LG, RT and secondary blocking TE. So let's help make that happen, mmmk.

Changing up in the playoffs is fine because the Jets really had no choice since both the Pats and Colts were able to pick up our blitz. But most other teams had issue picking it up

Jets blitzed heavily during the regular season vs Pats in 2010, how'd that turn out? 45-3 on MNF.

That entire season I distinctly remember the blitzes not being nearly as successful.

Jets blitzed heavily during the regular season vs Pats in 2010, how'd that turn out? 45-3 on MNF.

That entire season I distinctly remember the blitzes not being nearly as successful.

your saying exactly what you just quoted me saying as If I was disagreeing ?

your saying exactly what you just quoted me saying as If I was disagreeing ?

You said most other teams had issues picking up the blitz (in 2010). I disagree. They picked up his blitzes fairly well. He was smart to adjust that year and tone them down.

Blitzing is a good look to have, but it cant be your defenses identity. JMO.

I think Rex knows he needs a Suggs type for his defense to take the next step.

They are gonna "Bradshaw" the offense for Mark! Seriously, I think Mark's biggest problem this year was that his hearing improved so much. He was hearing footsteps louder and better than he ever has. And he was not anticipating and escaping with his legs as well as he is capable of doing. It could be that all those 3rd and 6 passes on 3rd and 8 were BS's fault. But it also could be that Mark became Captain Dumpoff early in the season--say, after the Raven game. Now I am not defending Schottenheimer. He does not know how to call a game or to make adjustments during a game. But one of several reasons that I hated watching games this year was because I did not completely believe that my QB was competing. As for Rex, well, just another boobish statement. No surprises there. I guess Rex should follow it up with the comment: "I kept the guy on because I couldn't understand his offense. So naturally I figured no other DCs would."

And whoever is still saying Ground & Pound and Defense can't win championships anymore didn't watch the games last week.

Jets biggest problem is they want to pay a QB 15M in cap to hand the ball off.

The Niners and Alex Smith winning a shootout vs. the Saints backs up the Ground and Pound idiocy...how? Explain.

The only team that doesn't pass well in the final 4 is Flacco and the Ravens. And I expect they will lose.If Matt Schaub was healthy last week the Ravens would've lost.

They are gonna "Bradshaw" the offense for Mark! Seriously, I think Mark's biggest problem this year was that his hearing improved so much. He was hearing footsteps louder and better than he ever has. And he was not anticipating and escaping with his legs as well as he is capable of doing. It could be that all those 3rd and 6 passes on 3rd and 8 were BS's fault. But it also could be that Mark became Captain Dumpoff early in the season--say, after the Raven game. Now I am not defending Schottenheimer. He does not know how to call a game or to make adjustments during a game. But one of several reasons that I hated watching games this year was because I did not completely believe that my QB was competing. As for Rex, well, just another boobish statement. No surprises there. I guess Rex should follow it up with the comment: "I kept the guy on because I couldn't understand his offense. So naturally I figured no other DCs would."

Yeah and not for nothing they need to STOP playing the Ravens so early every year. That would be for starters to help the kid's confidence.

And whoever is still saying Ground & Pound and Defense doesn't win championships anymore didn't watch the games last week.

Jets biggest problem is they want to pay a QB 15M in cap to hand the ball off.

Jets biggest problem is they lost important pieces to the Offensive puzzle (blocking TE's and Deep threat WR) they were building in year 1 and year 2 of Rex and then tried to be something they were not on top of it all with Old men at the WR position which arguably takes more stamina than any position on the field. How this team expected to make it through an NFL season with a 32 34 and 38 year old on offense is laughable not inculding the fact these new guys th Jets signed were required to learn a so called complicated offense yet we blame the QB for just about everything

Cool if they "Bradshaw" the offense when are we getting guys like Franco Harris, Rocky Blier, Lynn Swann, and John Stallworth ? I would be down with running a ground and pound with guys of that caliber ....Only problem is we have no one of that caliber or even close too it

The Niners and Alex Smith winning a shootout vs. the Saints backs up the Ground and Pound idiocy...how? Explain.

The only team that doesn't pass well in the final 4 is Flacco and the Ravens. And I expect they will lose.

Of course having an elite QB helps. But what I'm saying is you can still win on this run first Philosophy. The Niners are built on Defense and Gore. The Qb still needs to make plays obviously. The point is if Sanchez is the QB next year and you want to win you better dominate on the OL and Defense. There's enough weapons with Keller and Holmes if you want to run the ball.... a la Davis and Crabtree. I'm speaking in terms of Philosophy not one game's stats. Even the Giants, with how great Eli is playing are running the ball and dominating with on D with their line. The only exception is the Pats who obviously have Brady and as horrible as their D is, they still have one of the best minds to gameplan in Belichick...they also played an 8-8 Broncos with gimmick QB in Tebow.

Even last year, Packers ranked 5th in total Defense. And guys like Matt Hasselbeck can get to a Super Bowl.

Cool if they "Bradshaw" the offense when are we getting guys like Franco Harris, Rocky Blier, Lynn Swann, and John Stallworth ? I would be down with running a ground and pound with guys of that caliber ....Only problem is we have no one of that caliber or even close too it

True enough. I was only being half serious. Bradshaw was reputed to be a dumb QB. But with his talent, so what? Plus, a guy can totally understand an offense in the room, and be unable to execute when defenses throw stuff at him in a game. Human nature.

Jets biggest problem is they lost important pieces to the Offensive puzzle (blocking TE's and Deep threat WR) they were building in year 1 and year 2 of Rex and then tried to be something they were not on top of it all with Old men at the WR position which arguably takes more stamina than any position on the field. How this team expected to make it through an NFL season with a 32 34 and 38 year old on offense is laughable not inculding the fact these new guys th Jets signed were required to learn a so called complicated offense yet we blame the QB for just about everything

I agree. I don't think Sanchez will ever be elite, but I think he could be good enough. So stop paying WR's 50M and starting JAGs and lifetime back ups on the OL.

Only way jets are competive in 2012 is if they pick Trent in rd 1, and to get him they prob have to move up and that prob is not a good move, given depth issues

You are the biggest moron on the internet. What's worse, you call yourself some sort of Jets Fan "Celebrity" that has 1 way to fix the Jets team. Draft Alabama players....hahahahahahaha What a joke

I agree. I don't think Sanchez will ever be elite, but I think he could be good enough. So stop paying WR's 50M and starting JAGs and lifetime back ups on the OL.

Hess we have no elite skill players, not one single player on our offense can be considered elite..... yet we want our QB to perform like the other QB's mentioned as elite otheriwse "he sucks" The Jets are the only team who do not seriously make an attempt to surround their QB with top notch young talent at the skill positions and we expect a QB who is just starting out to deal with 2 -3 new aditions each year and perform. Remember these guys have to learn the offense as well so bringing 2 or 3 guys in each year is not only hurting the team its hurting the development of our Young QB. Look at the players Stafford has hadto develop with is there any comparison to the Jets ?? Is it even close ? Rodgers ? is it close ? Brees Is it close ? Brady, Romo, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan all those teams have had talent aroud their QB 's since they started and only Eli came into the league with less and then what did the Giants do ??

If you look at the top 5 or 6 QB's in this league and compare the way they have been handled compared to how the Jets handle Sanchez I think its beyond laughable its just plain ignorant .

Archived