I Am SO Happy Right Now...

SoFlaJets

This is a disaster. The only possibly good thing I see here is that another Giants superbowl win (or hell, Pats superbowl win) would really stick the screws to Woody Johnson and maybe get him to work even harder at getting us that trophy (since this superbowl will make him lose $$$ one way or another)

Yes, nothing like a spoiled brat/lucky sperm of inherited wealth working on your behalf. I'm so confident we're on the road to postseason success with a go getter like Robert Wood Johnson the 35th doing our bidding. he got born with a half billion or so worth of bandaids in his trust fund so he undoubtedly knows how to pull this franchise up by the bootstraps. We're gonna be winners. I can feel it; things are gonna change!

Yes, nothing like a spoiled brat/lucky sperm of inherited wealth working on your behalf. I'm so confident we're on the road to postseason success with a go getter like Robert Wood Johnson the 35th doing our bidding. he got born with a half billion or so worth of bandaids in his trust fund so he undoubtedly knows how to pull this franchise up by the bootstraps. We're gonna be winners. I can feel it; things are gonna change!

And what's more productive than having a halfwit do-nothing billionaire meddling in team affairs? A panicking halfwit do-nothing billionaire meddling in team affairs!

There's enough to knock Woody about what with ticket prices and whatnot. But you figure you would be thankful at least for having an owner that is dedicated to winning and spends up to (or near) the cap every year. A lot of teams don't have that.

There's enough to knock Woody about what with ticket prices and whatnot. But you figure you would be thankful at least for having an owner that is dedicated to winning and spends up to (or near) the cap every year. A lot of teams don't have that.

Huh? He allowed there to be over $8 million in open cap room this season.And if ground and pound is all that and bag of chips, why did his GM jerk Revis off last year over what turned out to be pennies, thereby possibly getting him hurt and losing som early games?

No. I want to see the Jets win a CHAMPIONSHIP. Going to the SB is bullsh*t if you lose.

Maybe so, but my team has won three and I am enjoying the ride. There are countless fans that have never experienced it.

Maybe so, but my team has won three and I am enjoying the ride. There are countless fans that have never experienced it.

:hand:

I'm a Yankees fan so I have a little more experience with seeing my team play at the championship level than some 2001 bandwagon Boston fan. I've seen them win seven times in my lifetime and lose the WS four times.

I hate seeing them lose the WS. Missing the WS altogether does not feel as bad as losing it does.

I want a CHAMPIONSHIP. I want one for the Jets and one for the Knicks before I die.

Lets redo the math Jimmy

SB appearances AFC East teams since Jets won the last time

Pats 7

Bills 4

Fins 5 -- thats 16 ( including upcoming game )

record 5-10

Since the Colts used to be in our division you could use an asterik for 2 more -- but that would be plain mean

I'm a Yankees fan so I have a little more experience with seeing my team play at the championship level than some 2001 bandwagon Boston fan. I've seen them win seven times in my lifetime and lose the WS four times.

I hate seeing them lose the WS. Missing the WS altogether does not feel as bad as losing it does.

I want a CHAMPIONSHIP. I want one for the Jets and one for the Knicks before I die.

I was there about 15 years ago.

Do I want them to win? Of course, I have seen my team lose 3 Superbowls. And it it does not take a rocket sceintist to realize it feels better to win.

Again, I am just enjoying the ride along the way.

Huh? He allowed there to be over $8 million in open cap room this season.And if ground and pound is all that and bag of chips, why did his GM jerk Revis off last year over what turned out to be pennies, thereby possibly getting him hurt and losing som early games?

I'll let a capologist handle that question, but you've gotta be kidding me if you think Woody doesn't spend big $$$ compared to most teams. In the past 4 years of FA think of all the big ticket FA's we have signed or acquisitions made: Favre, Cro, Jenkins, Jones, Faneca, Richardson, Braylon, Leonhard, Scott, Pace, Holmes, a top 5 coach in the league in Rex... who am I missing? Think the average team makes that many good pickups in such a short timespan? No way. Woody has shown that he is willing to spend and willing to spin the wheel and thank god for that. Also, when we want to keep our guys, we almost always go out and do it... we re-signed Brick, Harris, Mangold and Revis recently.

As far as Revis goes, personally, I'm glad he didn't cave. You don't want to set the precedent that guys can opt-out of their contracts so easily. In the end, we did end up retaining (and extending) him.

Lets redo the math Jimmy

SB appearances AFC East teams since Jets won the last time

Pats 7

Bills 4

Fins 5 -- thats 16 ( including upcoming game )

record 5-10

Since the Colts used to be in our division you could use an asterik for 2 more -- but that would be plain mean

Not trying to diminish those stats, but concerned with SB wins only, not appearances. So, 5.

I was there about 15 years ago.

Do I want them to win? Of course, I have seen my team lose 3 Superbowls. And it it does not take a rocket sceintist to realize it feels better to win.

Again, I am just enjoying the ride along the way.

and it's so considerate of you to come here to enjoy the ride along with your fellow Pats fans...oh wait-why DO you come here again?

yea I'm 'sure' somebody invited you to come on over and post all about your playoff run this year. BTW-where were you after we beat you guys in the playoffs last year anyway?

I was here and gave the Jets props for the win.

I am a Yankees fan too, and with out them I would be hurtin even more all these years....

I'll let a capologist handle that question, but you've gotta be kidding me if you think Woody doesn't spend big $$$ compared to most teams. In the past 4 years of FA think of all the big ticket FA's we have signed or acquisitions made: Favre, Cro, Jenkins, Jones, Faneca, Richardson, Braylon, Leonhard, Scott, Pace, Holmes, a top 5 coach in the league in Rex... who am I missing? Think the average team makes that many good pickups in such a short timespan? No way. Woody has shown that he is willing to spend and willing to spin the wheel and thank god for that. Also, when we want to keep our guys, we almost always go out and do it... we re-signed Brick, Harris, Mangold and Revis recently.

As far as Revis goes, personally, I'm glad he didn't cave. You don't want to set the precedent that guys can opt-out of their contracts so easily. In the end, we did end up retaining (and extending) him.

$8 million of open cap space this past season could've went for a safety and some OL help. When you say "he spends $" why didn't he do so this year?

And as with the Assoumgha, Tannebaum wastes time babbling. With Revis the numbers were known in March. Waiting until August to babble was pointless. Revis is your best player. No one is going to point to him and demand that kind of cash.

Most teams spend about the same dollars, and the new CBA has a minimum spending floor. The result of signing that many high-dollar players is they pretty much all have to pan out because the depth behind them is such an enormous drop-off for cost reasons.

Oddly enough, I think this spending model would have worked if the QB piece to the puzzle wasn't used on a rookie who hasn't exactly matured quickly. We went 9-7 with the #1 rushing offense and #1 defense in both yards and points (in addition to forcing 30 turnovers). Can't make it much easier on a QB than that.

Sure everything's easier to assess in hindsight, but it was a bad plan to go with a rookie QB - particularly one this raw - on a team that had so many pieces already in place. The significant resources used to acquire him - in draft picks and players and his bloated salary - would have gone a long way towards finding a better option.

It also doesn't help when the sum of our 1st and 2nd round picks we actually made from 2008-2010 were Gholston + Keller + Sanchez + Wilson + Ducasse.

Archived