Draft Daddy 3 Rounder.....

JonEJet

fwiw Pead was the MVP of the senior bowl game, alot of fantastic players in the league have won that honor.

http://en.wikipedia...._Bowl#Game_MVPs

Great job bit. This probably fits into the too good to be true category. I don't see Barron getting by the Patriots...and while I don't care for Upshaw, if we take him in the first, I foresee him playing "ILB" for us, and moving all around the line...not OLB, a position we need to fill. However, Saban is on record saying Upshaw is the meanest player he's ever coached. You know Rexy liked that.

I liked the Pead pick fwiw...but if Worthy, Doug Martin, Fleener, Pierce, Brandon Brooks, are still on the board I'm be rooting for those picks a little more.

Pead is great, but undersized, and while he could probably fill the LT role. I'm much much higher on Doug Martin. He can play 3-downs and spell Greene sufficiently. His catching, pass-blocking, and between the tackles running makes him 1A in my book, just behind TR.

Great job bit. This probably fits into the too good to be true category. I don't see Barron getting by the Patriots...and while I don't care for Upshaw, if we take him in the first, I foresee him playing "ILB" for us, and moving all around the line...not OLB, a position we need to fill. However, Saban is on record saying Upshaw is the meanest player he's ever coached. You know Rexy liked that.

Pead is great, but undersized, and while he could probably fill the LT role. I'm much much higher on Doug Martin. He can play 3-downs and spell Greene sufficiently. His catching, pass-blocking, and between the tackles running makes him 1A in my book, just behind TR.

Yeah, me too, but there's no way he's there in the 3rd round.

• 2 weeks later...

Kendall Wright to 49ers would be somewhat interesting too. But he and Crabtree are more game fast guys. I still wonder about Crabtree, does he ever get to an elite level in the NFL. Wright to me is somewhat an enigma. You draft him this early to stretch the field. You watch his college career, he's the perfect prospect. You look at his 40 and you're like, huh? I'm going to say he's just one of those guys who's more game fast. I don't know though, weird but he's become a bit more of a risky pick after the combine.

THAT KID HILL IS BIG FAST AND CAN BLOCK LOVE TO SEE HIM IN THE 2ND

1. Not a fan of our haul

2. I think Upshaw is moot because I think he is taken too high after the workouts

3. No way does Poe fall down to the 20's

If it falls your way, my choices

1. Poe

2. Ronnell Lewis

3 Isiah Pead

I just can't see Rex passing on his N'gata clone

they just signed Pouha and they drafted K Ellis last year. That's if you think he's a NT. if you think Poe is a 3tech, there's not really a role for a 3-tech in Rex's Defense.

as for the DT there are Brockers, Poe and Cox, one of em will be passed on by the Jets, JMO.

they just signed Pouha and they drafted K Ellis last year. That's if you think he's a NT. if you think Poe is a 3tech, there's not really a role for a 3-tech in Rex's Defense.

as for the DT there are Brockers, Poe and Cox, one of em will be passed on by the Jets, JMO.

Unless something has changed, Upshaw has been tabbed more of a 4-3 end

I guess I'd be happy with Upshaw, but I'd like to trade back at that point for Hightower

Unless something has changed, Upshaw has been tabbed more of a 4-3 end

I guess I'd be happy with Upshaw, but I'd like to trade back at that point for Hightower

I dont understand that projection. He's been playing LB for 4 years and has less than ideal height for 4-3 DE.

Honestly I feel like I'm cheating giving upshaw to the jets. He's a consensus top 15 pick among scouts. if upshaw and ingram are both gone, that's when the Jets pick gets interesting. If they like Hightower, why trade down for him? He's not gonna last much further than PIT or BAL.

Was listening to Lombardi today (he's a dick) and he's saying Barron is going top 15

reading between the lines that means cowboys?

as for Dontari Poe what is the starting lineup? Wilkerson-Poe-Pouha?

he doesn't really fit at DE cause his arms are short. He's probably not a better NT than Pouha. they used a 3rd rd pick on Ellis. Devito was hurt last year but played at a real high level prior to that... he's on the bench (or cut?)

I agree Rex likes Poe but I don't know how it jives with the moves they've made. If they let Pouha go I'd agree.

I think you have a lot of second rounders falling to the third and a lot of randoms in the second.

ive heard that comment before, the way I grade these guys, it's either top 5, top 20 or top 100. the difference between 35 and 85 is in the eye of the beholder.

ive heard that comment before, the way I grade these guys, it's either top 5, top 20 or top 100. the difference between 35 and 85 is in the eye of the beholder.

Lots of love for Shea McClellin lately...nice player, but a Bosie State guy sort of scares me considering Wilson has been at best mediocre

As far as Poe....If he;s the best player on the board, you take him, period.

Drafting for need early is a recipe for disaster

Everybody has basically the same top 5. Everybody has basically the same top 20. The difference between 35 and 85 is where you win the draft.

Everybody has basically the same top 5. Everybody has basically the same top 20. The difference between 35 and 85 is where you win the draft.

ill be completely honest there's a contest from the huddle report to grade the first round. That's a priority. there's another contest from THR to grade how many people you can predict in the top 100. I just don't give the rd 2 and rd 3 as much thought as other people. Whether a player is picked at 2.1 or 3.32 it doesn't really matter for the purposes of the contest.

but to address your comment directly I think there's a huge difference between systems and teams, especially on defense. There might be a 4-3 MLB for example Lavonte David that's a high 2nd rounder on the Saints board but a late 3rd rounder on the Jets board. Simply cause he doesn't fit the system. I think that happens alot.

Archived