Broncos "95%" likely to sign Manning

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bit, Elway is getting Manning for two reasons - 1. He's Peyton freakin' Manning and a huge upgrade over what they had.; 2. This is his perfect opportunity to rid himself of Tebow without suffering any fan backlash.

If Manning becomes a Bronco, Tebow's Denver career is over.

The Broncos are already way under the cap by with Tebows contract.

Tebow will stay and learn under Manning.

Probably because there isnt a market for Gabbert and they wont recoup the value they'll spend on Tebow or what they spent on Gabbert.

You dont run a franchise that way. Smith most certainly doesnt run a franchise that way. There is zero chance the Jags trade for Tebow. If the Jags wanted him, he'd be a Jag.

Gabbert is their QB for the future. They've invested in him and will spend this offseason building around him.

I don't know why you're fighting this. This is your chance to see your boy Tebow every Sunday.

Probably because there isnt a market for Gabbert and they wont recoup the value they'll spend on Tebow or what they spent on Gabbert.

You dont run a franchise that way. Smith most certainly doesnt run a franchise that way. There is zero chance the Jags trade for Tebow. If the Jags wanted him, he'd be a Jag.

Gabbert is their QB for the future. They've invested in him and will spend this offseason building around him.

Gabbert can be a good QB. The Jags wont jump to Tebow.

It's a good thing it never gets cold in Denver, that they play in a dome, and have elite skill position players.

They have some nice young skill players there as well and dont be surprised if they break the remainder of the bank surrounding Peyton with even more talent on offense since the defense is solid. Look for them to sign Reggie Wayne and possibly go after a back in the draft who can be a pass receiving threat out of the backfield ...You know just like the Jets do. :)

Yes, I'm sure Peyton Manning is chomping at the bit to play with the like of Willis McGahee, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Eddie Royal (w/ cheese), and Daniel Fells. How ever could the Jets compete with that?

Gotta agree with those saying Tebow is gone if Manning signs there...not sure he goes to Jacksonville but Elway looked like the reluctant Tebow supporter last year...still thinkElway and Fox were goaded into starting him by the fans.

I think it's Denver.

I never thought Peyton would want to be in the NFC with Eli. Archie either. I think that was one of the reasons why Archie orchestrated the Chargers-Giants trade. Big market vs. small market, and keep Eli away from Peyton unless they meet in the SB.

When did he say that?

He didn't have to, dude. It's clear as day. He was reluctant to have Fox start him and then kept on saying Tebow will be evaluated throughout the winning streak. Then after the season Elway says that Tebow will have to compete for the starting job.

Elway was a professional QB. He knows when a player isn't one, and Tebow is not a professional QB.

Aren't you re-upping your Jags tickets this year?

Probably but that doesnt mean anything. Still watch the Jets and give away the tickets if they are on at the same time.

It's a good thing it never gets cold in Denver, that they play in a dome, and have elite skill position players.

Yes, I'm sure Peyton Manning is chomping at the bit to play with the like of Willis McGahee, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Eddie Royal (w/ cheese), and Daniel Fells. How ever could the Jets compete with that?

Good route designs and play calling?

He didn't have to, dude. It's clear as day. He was reluctant to have Fox start him and then kept on saying Tebow will be evaluated throughout the winning streak. Then after the season Elway says that Tebow will have to compete for the starting job.

Elway was a professional QB. He knows when a player isn't one, and Tebow is not a professional QB.

Sure,Tebow needs work and lots of it , but that doesnt mean that he could not learn behind Manning. Hes a good enough backup should Manning get hurt again. Manning comes in after surgery and not having played in an regular season game in 19 months.

Sure,Tebow needs work and lots of it , but that doesnt mean that he could not learn behind Manning. Hes a good enough backup should Manning get hurt again. Manning comes in after surgery and not having played in an regular season game in 19 months.

From Tebow's standpoint, he should want to stay and learn from Peyton how to throw the football like a professional.

Tebow as a backup doesn't really work, however, because the team would have to switch to the Tebow offense once he comes in.

Bummer...was really, really, really hoping Peyton picked the Phins. Peyton will regret the decision everytime it snows in Denver.

I wonder why people insist that Peyton wouldve liked the weather in Miami. He played in a dome where it never got hotter than 72 degrees. It's hot as well in Miami. Remember last years MNF game between Pats & Fins? The Fin players were sucking wind.

He'll be playing in high 80s to 90s for much of the season and then be lucky to get down to the high 70s. Plus, he'll have to play in cold weather for 3 of his division rivals.

Now take Denver. Higher altitude puts less stress on arm and his road division games are in warm weather, but not sweltering cities, such as Oakland and San Diego. The coldest of the bunch is KC, but it's still warmer there than the 3 AFCE teams.

Shahid Khan and Mike Mularkey have absolutely nothing invested in Blaine Gabbert. What makes you think the Jags keep Gabbert if they get Tebow?

What makes you think they see Tebow as an answer?

I agree with your point they would want to bring in Tebow to raise interest, but it would be fleeting.

When compared to Newton and Dalton, Gabbert struggled, but considering he had no receivers and no OTAs, he was not all that bad.

You want to bring Tebow into 'compete' and generate a buzz do it. Tebow was inaccurate with some decent receiving talent, he would have none in Jax.

What makes you think they see Tebow as an answer?

I agree with your point they would want to bring in Tebow to raise interest, but it would be fleeting.

When compared to Newton and Dalton, Gabbert struggled, but considering he had no receivers and no OTAs, he was not all that bad.

You want to bring Tebow into 'compete' and generate a buzz do it. Tebow was inaccurate with some decent receiving talent, he would have none in Jax.

I don't disagree from a football standpoint. Personally, I think Gabbert's got more upside than Tebow as an NFL QB. I don't think football is the motivating factor.

I just know the Jags want to make a splash. Khan wants the Jags to be a nationally recognized franchise and has no clue how to do it.

I can't think of a team that would give up more for Tebow than the Jags and there's already been rumors of Kahn contacting the Broncos to inquire about Tebow.

I don't disagree from a football standpoint. Personally, I think Gabbert's got more upside than Tebow as an NFL QB. I don't think football is the motivating factor.

I just know the Jags want to make a splash. Khan wants the Jags to be a nationally recognized franchise and has no clue how to do it.

I can't think of a team that would give up more for Tebow than the Jags and there's already been rumors of Kahn contacting the Broncos to inquire about Tebow.

Move them to Los Angeles. ;)

I was intrigued when I first thought Tebow and MJD in the option. When it works, it would be fun to watch and they would likely win 8 or so games in that division. However, until he hits open receivers they would lose to better team, but I agree with your point. .

nah just joking. He's not a racist but I do think that Peyton in NYC would have been a ridiculously bad fit. This guy is from Louisiana, went to college in Tennessee, played his whole career in Indy. At what point did he ever seem like he'd want to be in NYC?

Maybe December 1996 or so.

this is actually a really key point, considering his nerve damage likely affects arm strength.

Peyton will not be all that and a bag of chips this upcoming season. You don't step away from the game for a year, rehab from a pretty serious injury and think you will light the league on fire upon your return. Sure, he'll be infinitely better than Tebow- this season, next season, any season..but would he be better this year than say, Matt Shaub, for exampe? Hmmm. This is Elways way of getting rid of someone he never wanted in the first place - Tebow. Only way to accomplish that - without the fanbase revolting - is to sign the future first ballot, shoe-in- hall of famer, Peyton Manning.

I'm disappointed. I would have LOVED manning in Miami. It would have made you all nuts and it would have rekindled the epic Manning/Brady rivalry. Sigh......

Peyton will not be all that and a bag of chips this upcoming season. You don't step away from the game for a year, rehab from a pretty serious injury and think you will light the league on fire upon your return. Sure, he'll be infinitely better than Tebow- this season, next season, any season..but would he be better this year than say, Matt Shaub, for exampe? Hmmm. This is Elways way of getting rid of someone he never wanted in the first place - Tebow. Only way to accomplish that - without the fanbase revolting - is to sign the future first ballot, shoe-in- hall of famer, Peyton Manning.

I'm disappointed. I would have LOVED manning in Miami. It would have made you all nuts and it would have rekindled the epic Manning/Brady rivalry. Sigh......

That rivalry will soon take on the same aura of the 2 curmudgeons in the balcony on the Muppets show.

Archived