Just Say ‘No’ to Tebow

JetNation

Post image for Just Say ‘No’ to Tebow

According the Manish Mehta over at The Daily News, the Jets have a legitimate, serious interest in acquiring former Denver Broncos quarterback, Tim Tebow. As everyone already knows, the Broncos announced Peyton Manning as their quarterback this afternoon.

Really, though, do we have to go through this? Can’t we just walk away?

Sure, Tim Tebow does the Wildcat and the new offensive coordinator, Tony Sparano, brought the Wildcat back into prominence a few seasons ago in Miami. Who cares that the league figured out the Wildcat years ago? Just think of it, Jets fans! We could be watching Mark Sanchez AND Tim Tebow every week!

Speaking of Sanchez, didn’t this team just reaffirm its commitment to him by giving him a contract extension, followed by going out and signing Drew Stanton to be a backup? Would Tebow even be willing to sit on the bench behind Sanchez (and possibly Stanton)? And then what about Greg McElroy? Weren’t the Jets hoping to have him on the roster?

tebow.jpgThe Jets are short on cash this offseason.  Maybe not short on cash, but they probably don’t have as much as they like. The fact that they didn’t make a play for Mario Williams, probably the best defensive end in the league, when they’re supposedly a defensive minded team tells you all you need to know about their finances this offseason. Plus, as a franchise that’s fielding an aging team, they really should hang on to their draft picks. How much cash would it take to get Tebow? How many picks? It’s not worth it, especially if they’re bringing Tebow on board to be a quarterback. He’s not a quarterback.

Tim Tebow is going to be a great running back for some team somewhere. If he came to the Jets as a running back, he’d be great and I could probably get behind the move. But here’s the thing: if Tim Tebow wants to be a quarterback, and as far as he knows, he does, then Tebow does not belong here. Or anywhere, for that matter. As of now, he hasn’t shown he can throw the football the way a quarterback needs to throw the football. Isn’t it enough for the Jets to have Sanchez struggling to throw the ball every Sunday? Do we need to add Tebow to the mix?

Plus, if the Jets really, really want to run the Wildcat, it can be done by wide receiver Jeremy Kerley or running back Joe McKnight. Antonio Cromartie said as much.

“We don’t need Tebow. We sell out every home game let him go to Jacksonville Tampa or Miami. Our wildcat offense can b ran by J. Kerley or Joe McKnight we straight,” he tweeted.

There are certain Jets fans out there who really think that Tebow is the way to go, he’s a winner, and whatever else. They think that Sanchez is a bust. But if they’re frustrated with Sanchez, they’re going to be completely driven insane by Tebow, especially if he has the opportunity to play full time.

Think about it. Tebow went 2 for 8 in a game last year. 2 FOR 8. That might have flown in Denver, but it’ll never fly in New York. Tebow also had a good defense helping him. In 8 of 11 starts, the Tebow led offense scored under 20 points.  Five of those games were wins, including the game the Broncos played against the Jets.

Finally, as a team that has indicated it wants fewer off-the-field distractions going forward, do the Jets really think that the on-going saga of Tebow’s possible virginity isn’t something the New York media will find fascinating?

No. Just no. He doesn’t fit. This is one drama the Jets should just stay away from.

di
di

vNb0v3vlwSk

View the full article

There are certain Jets fans out there who really think that Tebow is the way to go, he’s a winner, and whatever else. They think that Sanchez is a bust.

Who?

Sanchez is a bum, but so is Tebow.

Classic case of "two wrongs don't make a right".

And this interest just means Sanchez will likely get another extension because we feel sad for him.

Nah I'll take the Tebow, unless we're giving up something good for him. Bart Scott's contract? Almost immediately.

I would be interested in him backing up the Sanchize and you won't have to trade Drew Stanton to do it in Madden anymore.

SOMEONE SAY STEVE YOUNG.

Tebow could play ILB too. He's a freak athlete. I literally could see Rex and Tony using him at every single position on the field except at the los.

This screams of a, the Giants just beat the Pats in the SB how do we grab the back pages? Peyton Manning? Nope he spurned us, hmmmmmmmm OH sh*t Tim Tebow just became available, back pages here we come wooohoooo, NY Giants who?

What a joke this team has become because Woody Johnson can't stand playing 2nd fiddle, hey Woody wanna be top dog? Make smart football decisions based on well football, not publicity headline stealing look at me I need attention moves. It started with Favre, went to moving up for Sanchez, and now the interest in Tebow.

ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

what could it possibly cost for Tebow? A 4th or a 5th?

they never really did replace Brad Smith's wildcat production.

alot of people complained about how Sanchez's rhythm was being interrupted by Brad Smith coming onto the field and running wild cat.

in retrospect Sanchez had no rhythm to interrupt, with or without Smith. Tebow getting 7 yards on 1st down could only help.]

it should also be noted Tony Sparano is all about the wildcat. and this is the Jets new offensive coordinator, with no obvious "passing gurus" in sight.

it should also be noted Tony Sparano is all about the wildcat. and this is the Jets new offensive coordinator, with no obvious "passing gurus" in sight.

This. I thought the brass would at least look into having someone there like an assistant oc/hc to at least help develop Sanchez's game/call some passing plays. The best they did was talk about bringing in Todd Haley right? Thats the one thing I'm afraid of. Although at least we won't be calling slant plays (hopefully) all year long.

Tebow could play ILB too. He's a freak athlete. I literally could see Rex and Tony using him at every single position on the field except at the los.

I think if the trade involved Scott 's contract it's an automatic win. I apologize to any Jet player that reads this and would punch the guy who says that In Real Life.

I think if the trade involved Scott 's contract it's an automatic win. I apologize to any Jet player that reads this and would punch the guy who says that In Real Life.

It would HAVE to be Scott and a pick - probably a 4th or 5th.

That being said, this better not happen. Ever. I don't care how much money it saves us.

I would do it if we talk to him and he is ok with being a full time RB and runs the wild cat. If we clear that up it's a no brainer IMO. The guys attitude is contagious. We could use that.

If it's for even the slightest possibility of him playing QB for the Jets I hate this idea. HATE IT!!!

I would do it if we talk to him and he is ok with being a full time RB and runs the wild cat. If we clear that up it's a no brainer IMO. The guys attitude is contagious. We could use that.

If it's for even the slightest possibility of him playing QB for the Jets I hate this idea. HATE IT!!!

Something about knowing how Tony has a hard-on for running the wildcat and having a running 'QB' (term used loosely) makes me very uneasy.

Something about knowing how Tony has a hard-on for running the wildcat and having a running 'QB' (term used loosely) makes me very uneasy.

Right? Why do I feel like this is gonna happen? I still like it if it's to pair him with Green. A nice one two IMO. Tebow, while a bruiser can make people miss. He's quite shifty actually. Quite shifty indeed.

SIGN ATOGWE!!!!

what could it possibly cost for Tebow? A 4th or a 5th?

they never really did replace Brad Smith's wildcat production.

alot of people complained about how Sanchez's rhythm was being interrupted by Brad Smith coming onto the field and running wild cat.

in retrospect Sanchez had no rhythm to interrupt, with or without Smith. Tebow getting 7 yards on 1st down could only help.]

Sanchez and the Jets got worse after Brad Smith left. Tebow?

"We don't need (Tim) Tebow," "We sell out every home game let him go to Jacksonville Tampa or Miami. Our wildcat offense can b ran by J. Kerley or Joe McKnight we straight." - Antonio Cromartie

"Yeah baby it's just one of those invisible type condoms, I like the feel to be real"- Antonio Cromartie

this can go either way once again, if they do get him and it fails all will scream, if they dont and he goes somewhere and mark a spark like before than all will scream , sometimes it just bites to be a Jets fan, but not for nothing if the Pats want him they must see something that the rest of us dont see

Archived