Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

all I'm saying is that if you want to have a clean start from last year then you don't wanna be giving interviews about the Sanchez/Holmes rift.....just trot tebow out and 90% of the Jets pre-season coverage will be about him......Let the rest of the guys and the coach put in there work without the distractions....let Tebow be the lightening rod

So we replace the Sanchez/Holmes stories with Sanchez/Tebow starting qb controversy stories, and then when the fanbase gets football jesus as starter and has some of those 2 completion games like he had last year we get Tebow/Holmes stories. Yeah, you are right, this is totally gonna fix the locker room.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you not remember the media and fan disaster the last 2 years in Denver until Tebow got the starting nod? in 2010 Orton was winning and still getting booed from kickoff until final whistle. Do you really think the fans will be any different here? Do you not remember the topic of when Tebow would start being the biggest story in the nfl the last 2 years? And that was in Denver with jag Orton. In NY with a supposed fragile qb who was also a first rounder and has been to the afcc 2 of 3 years but has fans down on him for a bad season last year, this is gonna be a nightmare.

I am totally looking forward to stupid bobblehead chicks in pink tebow jerseys at the game screaming to play him, totally, lol.

I know there's a lot of excitement right now, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Let's just focus on beating out Snachez for the starting job (he can be used in limited packages). It may take some time for the Tebownator to rub his work ethic off on the rest of these guys.

Did you see Revis' halfhearted attempt to tackle The Tebow? That's not going to fly in the new regime.

THats it? Thats the best heehee's and haha's you could come up with?

Hi Pointman!

Think those guys are just clownin' around. We've had wild ride today. What's the scene around here like? You guys psyched to get your shot with a baller? Any weapons in the draft you think you guys are going to put in place around Tim?

Tim has a tight end but he doesn't play one. If only he could pass the ball to himself he would probably score every play.

If you ever want to talk football, feel free to sign up again using a new name.

Oh, wow, so you are a local Tebow fan? That's awesome. What's the general buzz around town?

I heard Namath come out and say he disapproves of the move, but what does that washed up freak know?

This is going to be a lot of fun...what does Namath know about football? I would say a decent amount.

As far as Namath's views he seemed to think it was a lot to pay for a backup player.

With all respect to the incumbents, this is Tebow we are talking about. It's not really a fair poll.

I can understand if you want to talk backups, but he took a terrible 1-4 team to the playoffs after John Elway put every roadblock for him to fail in his path.

If you guys take a chance on him, you will have the magic that is, at this moment, draining out of mile high stadium! LOL!

Oh, wow, so you are a local Tebow fan? That's awesome. What's the general buzz around town?

I heard Namath come out and say he disapproves of the move, but what does that washed up freak know?

Namath needs to stop critisizin QBs and go back to the only two things he really knows about.....Getting drunk and stalkin suzy colber.

Yes, I went as tebow for holloween last year, except instead of football pants i wore assless chaps.

I would prefer they shut up about it, yes. Same with actors who go political. Stfu that's not your job. Then Tebow's all about converting the brown people to Christianity....Yich.

I don't hate them on an individual level and I think they're genuinely good people too btw. Just have some real disagreements on the whole man in sky organized religion thing. Religion should probably be an extremely personal thing if you choose to lean that way in life. Their identity to the world is football player and basketball player, not ambassador of their god.

That's too bad. Tebow has been vilified by atheists wherever he goes. Sure he wears his heart on his sleeve about his faith, but it shouldn't make you uncomfortable about the lack of yours. It is the media that drives the image of him a proselytizing machine, he's just doing what he feels is right.

The atheists just ran him out of town in Denver and refused to see what they had, I hope NY doesn't blow it.

That's too bad. Tebow has been vilified by atheists wherever he goes. Sure he wears his heart on his sleeve about his faith, but it shouldn't make you uncomfortable about the lack of yours. It is the media that drives the image of him a proselytizing machine, he's just doing what he feels is right.

The atheists just ran him out of town in Denver and refused to see what they had, I hope NY doesn't blow it.

Well as someone who is basically broke because he has 3 kids in Catholic school, I definitely respect Tim for his beliefs. At the same time, I know that this is a football message board and we avoid political and religious talk. So those atheists will be stopped at the gate should they storm the site with their pitch forks. :)

This is going to be a lot of fun...what does Namath know about football? I would say a decent amount.

As far as Namath's views he seemed to think it was a lot to pay for a backup player.

I certainly respect your opinion, but that's what they've told Tebow EVERYWHERE! He's proven them all wrong time and again!

Namath was good in his day, but a little too much *glub, glub* may not have the guys head screwed on straight if he can't see the raw, gazelle-like power that Tebow possesses.

I really thought you guys would be more amped!

Tim Tebow has what is pretty much a cult of christians following him. They are not going to fit in with this fan base. Holy Rollers are not fun people to be around. This move may sell tickets but it isnt going to improve the atmosphere of the crowd. Idk where I'm going with this other then warning you the holy rollers are coming to preach their beliefs and pretend they're Jets fans.

I certainly respect your opinion, but that's what they've told Tebow EVERYWHERE! He's proven them all wrong time and again!

Namath was good in his day, but a little too much *glub, glub* may not have the guys head screwed on straight if he can't see the raw, gazelle-like power that Tebow possesses.

I really thought you guys would be more amped!

Tim Tebow will be a much better back up QB than Mark Brunell. So we are amped. Sanchez has a lot of room for improvement but as the GM made it clear tonight, they aren't even in a competition for the starting job. Hopefully Tim fills in nicely if Mark gets hurt.

Otherwise I am definitely excited to see what they can do with the wildcat and the short yardage packages they put in with Timmy.

Well as someone who is basically broke because he has 3 kids in Catholic school, I definitely respect Tim for his beliefs. At the same time, I know that this is a football message board and we avoid political and religious talk. So those atheists will be stopped at the gate should they storm the site with their pitch forks. :)

I can already tell this is going to be my home for a long time! This is exactly what Timmy needed, a place to shelter from all the 'fans' that give him a bad name. I see great things in store for the NY Teebows!

I can already tell this is going to be my home for a long time! This is exactly what Timmy needed, a place to shelter from all the 'fans' that give him a bad name. I see great things in store for the NY Teebows!

I take it back, they already over powered our guards and they are now running things. We tried, they were just too strong.

Holy rollers? That hardly seems like a welcoming attitude. Tebow's a football player and uses that platform to sew good into the community and the greater world. Aren't there worse reasons to follow someone?

Besides, you will be too busy bragging about your trophies to care!

This forum is going to get pretty fun over the next few weeks/season...

I take it back, they already over powered our guards and they are now running things. We tried, they were just too strong.

I'm not sure what you mean? Who is too strong? I think you quoted me on accident!

I like you Max. Can I call you Max? You seem to be a nice person.

Tim Tebow will be a much better back up QB than Mark Brunell. So we are amped. Sanchez has a lot of room for improvement but as the GM made it clear tonight, they aren't even in a competition for the starting job. Hopefully Tim fills in nicely if Mark gets hurt.

Otherwise I am definitely excited to see what they can do with the wildcat and the short yardage packages they put in with Timmy.

Mark Brunell is nothing more than a booger depository.

Oh, I didn't see that quote from your GM. What did it say?

Given Tim's last Front Office though, I'm not sure I'd put much stock in what they say. If we did, Manning would be competing against Tebow going into camp! LOL!

I think Sanchez has given you guys a decent few years, but it might be time to move over and see what this kid really brings you. I still can't BELIEVE you stole him for a 4th rounder. Elway simply HATED this kid and was incredible Jealous of him and was desperate to move him.

and a "publicity stunt" .....and so the legend speaks again. Amen

I absolutely MUST get to bed, but wanted to start a post to introduce myself.

I'm a life long gator fan, born and raised in Florida (I know, I know, you guys already hate me for the Dolphins), but I'm not much of a fan of theirs. I'm a fan of #15. He is first in our hearts and first on our team.

You guys are seriously in for the golden age of your franchise. This will be remembered as the best period of Jets history since superbowl III.

Tebow brings WAY more to the table than you've seen in the highlight reels. He's a 'character' guy that improves the play of everyone around him. Guys will want to go to war and die for him. Your team, which has been traditionally been known for it's staunch defense, will undergo a renaissance on both sides of the ball.

Last point before I peter-off to sleep. Keep this in mind; The Broncos were the worst team in Franchise history and started out 1-4 this year. Elway hated his guts and even Fox undermined him during the season. The media was crazy critical of him. How did he respond? By taking his last place team on a 7-4 run and then beating the #1 ranked defense in the NFL having not even played, or started, a single season of professional football and shattering several post-season records in the process.

THAT'S what you get with Tebow.

Archived