Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

Lin lists Christian rock and rap as some of his favorite music. He specified. It actually bothered me. I don't mind religion or religious athletes, but religious, preachy athletes? Grow up already....

What difference does it make to you? Does it have any bearing on your life? The fact that him mentioning christian music bothers you says more about you then him, maybe you are the one that needs to grow up.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If thought of a QB who would be a "Rex" kinda tough football player ....it would either be Tebow or Big Ben, he likes football players with heart, at least we can say Tebow has heart, leadership, toughness, many intangables ..... Tim Tebow's basically Chad Pennington without the frailness.

You think that conservative catholic rhetoric will play in NY?

Tebow is not a Catholic.

In fact, his father's mission in the Phillipines was to convert the Catholics to Protestantism.

It's a white southern Sunday-go-to-meetin' thing that you don't see much of in the New York area, though Tebow might be coming here to try.

the constant war of people who love and hate him so the conversation is never ending, and the fans who will be prematurely be yelling for Tebow in the stands when Sanchez does something they don't like.

this is going to be difficult to deal with. I grew tired of it with Pennington.. Hated it with Favre. Couldnt deal with it with Sanchez, and now... once again the never ending debate about our f#cking QB and the stupid fans in the stands who are never happy.

People are hating more because of the overhyped nature of his comebacks and his religiousness, which I understand.

But as a football player, how is it being lost on people that the dude averaged 5.4 yards per carry in 122 attempts last year with everyone and their mother knowing that the Broncos were running like 80% of the time in a tebow game.

To me, the success of this trade depends on how the Jets utilize him. Making him run a traditional offense and/or try to use him like a regular back-up would be wasting an opportunity. I'd like to see them using him in 3rd down and goalline packages. Also, part of the reason that the Wildcat was solved so easily is that we telegraph it easily by having Mark Sanchez run out wide and then run like 95% of the time out of the formation. If Tebow can keep a defense somewhat honest, he's that much more dangerous.

Now that the dust is settled, and forgetting about the politics and/or logic behind his acquisition, I'm sorta excited to have Tim Tebow here. Love him or hate him, he had the chance to go home to Jacksonville and instead he chose the hard road in coming here. There's no way that he hasn't been made aware that the local media and fans have been shredding this deal, and him, and yet he showed more balls with one act than our entire franchise has shown in about 43 years. That's got me a little bit pumped.

So, forgetting the day's events, I started a new thread, free of Tanny/Jets/Woody/Self hatred, to give Tebow the respect he deserves. Hopefully, some of Tebow's ability and willingness to brush off the critics and face the music rubs off on our emo, rabbit-eared QB. At this point, I'm a big fan of this move.

Welcome, Tebow. Be bigger than the franchise you play for.

Now that the dust is settled, and forgetting about the politics and/or logic behind his acquisition, I'm sorta excited to have Tim Tebow here. Love him or hate him, he had the chance to go home to Jacksonville and instead he chose the hard road in coming here. There's no way that he hasn't been made aware that the local media and fans have been shredding this deal, and him, and yet he showed more balls with one act than our entire franchise has shown in about 43 years. That's got me a little bit pumped.

So, forgetting the day's events, I started a new thread, free of Tanny/Jets/Woody/Self hatred, to give Tebow the respect he deserves. Hopefully, some of Tebow's ability and willingness to brush off the critics and face the music rubs off on our emo, rabbit-eared QB. At this point, I'm a big fan of this move.

Welcome, Tebow. Be bigger than the franchise you play for.

Agreed. Not a fan of Tebows QB skills, but his leadership and character will be a nice addition to this locker room. Plus, I think with a creative OC who can utilize Tebows natural talent, he can be a big time playmaker for this team.

Welcome Tim! You're the greatest.

Cant wait to watch you win a champioship for my college team and NFL team.

^ Also would like to use this thread to get a head count for JN's Road Trip To Jacksonville to beat JiF to death with our bare hands.

Lin lists Christian rock and rap as some of his favorite music. He specified. It actually bothered me. I don't mind religion or religious athletes, but religious, preachy athletes? Grow up already....

It's a topic I'll really have to work hard to avoid and not just trash, because I know that's highly frowned upon.

It's a strong part of both Lin and Tebow's identity and you want them to "grow up" and shut up about it? When you believe your mission is to save souls, that is literally impossible for either of them to do. They both seem to be genuinely good people and have talent to boot. Don't see the reason for the hate.

People are hating more because of the overhyped nature of his comebacks and his religiousness, which I understand.

But as a football player, how is it being lost on people that the dude averaged 5.4 yards per carry in 122 attempts last year with everyone and their mother knowing that the Broncos were running like 80% of the time in a tebow game.

To me, the success of this trade depends on how the Jets utilize him. Making him run a traditional offense and/or try to use him like a regular back-up would be wasting an opportunity. I'd like to see them using him in 3rd down and goalline packages. Also, part of the reason that the Wildcat was solved so easily is that we telegraph it easily by having Mark Sanchez run out wide and then run like 95% of the time out of the formation. If Tebow can keep a defense somewhat honest, he's that much more dangerous.

A running QB can do so many things for you. People seem to think a vertical passing attack is the only thing that can complement a heavy running game. Nope, there is another way to open running lanes; having a running QB. When you have to worry about a QB scrambling off play-action its tough to just sell-out on the run.

I think Rex/Sparano just think this is one more way to help us commit to our new style of offense. If defenses aren't going to be scared of our standard passing game when Sanchez is behind center, you need to add another element or our "run 40+ times or bust" strategy will fall on its face.

There's no way that he hasn't been made aware that the local media and fans have been shredding this deal, and him, and yet he showed more balls with one act than our entire franchise has shown in about 43 years. That's got me a little bit pumped.

I know one reason that you like Eli Manning is he's oblivious to media scrutiny. Well, this is one area where Tebow is similar to Eli. He doesn't give a sh**.

Is it your money? It isn't extra cash counting against the cap besides his salary we already were going to pay so it has absolutely no bearing on you. If Woody doesn't care about paying 2.5 mil why the hell should you?

Sorry, Timmy's-Personal-Internet-Defender. I didn't realize it had to be my money to render an opinion on something the Jets did on a Jets fan site.

Now that that's out of the way...

Why don't they just use Tebow as a halfback or whatever? Then it's kind of a steal of a trade. He IS a freakishly good athlete, why let him waste away on the bench except for a few plays a game?

Archived