Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jaded Green has been born again, you should let him back.

Jesus welcomes all back whom embrace his message.

However I have often considered temporarily suspending that rule for Cromartie.

Ok whether you agree or disagree with decisions so far being made on personnel. Have to step and root for our team - not individual players. this coming from a lifelong Jet fan till I die, which may be sooner as I follow this team in the coming years.

I've always believed Jet fans still root for their team no matter what. Even though we look like whiny #unts in game threads trying to defend our views, deep down we all want the same thing- a championship. I dont care if he is the messiah or not, I just hope we win the big game.

I certainly respect your opinion, but that's what they've told Tebow EVERYWHERE! He's proven them all wrong time and again!

Namath was good in his day, but a little too much *glub, glub* may not have the guys head screwed on straight if he can't see the raw, gazelle-like power that Tebow possesses.

I really thought you guys would be more amped!

Teblow proved the critics right. He is a decent player against mediocre and bad teams. He sucks philistine foreskin against good teams.

Amped about what? A one-dimensional player that will be used incorrectly by our "genius" coaching staff? I'd prefer they focus on our real needs like O-line, secondary and finding a decent WR to help Taco Sanchize instead of wasting a pick on Teblow.

Teblow proved the critics right. He is a decent player against mediocre and bad teams. He sucks philistine foreskin against good teams.

The critics don't give enough credit to Tim Tebow's intangibles. Tim Tebow's intangibles and leadership guide me personally every day so I can only imagine what it does to people who play on the same team as him..

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

So it was written, so it will be.

Temporary insanity works best. I have no clue on what Ive posted the past 24 hours. Its just been fun being insane and watching the board go insane over 1 player.

LOL I can honestly say I have contradicted myself more than once in the past 24 hours

Wait... no I haven't

Do you not remember the media and fan disaster the last 2 years in Denver until Tebow got the starting nod? in 2010 Orton was winning and still getting booed from kickoff until final whistle. Do you really think the fans will be any different here? Do you not remember the topic of when Tebow would start being the biggest story in the nfl the last 2 years? And that was in Denver with jag Orton. In NY with a supposed fragile qb who was also a first rounder and has been to the afcc 2 of 3 years but has fans down on him for a bad season last year, this is gonna be a nightmare.

I am totally looking forward to stupid bobblehead chicks in pink tebow jerseys at the game screaming to play him, totally, lol.

This is why I like the move. Tired of the fragile psyche talk about our QB. Sanchez needs to out-prepare and out-play someone to keep the job while the fans are screaming for Tebow. Mark needs to nut up or shut up.

I cheer for anyone wearing the green and white who performs well. I hope Teblow proves the skeptics wrong. But he's a terrible QB and no one knows how he can perform in a part-time QB/wildcat role.

Wasn't that kind of exactly his role his freshman year in Gainesville as well as his rookie year in Denver (until McDaniels got fired)?

Well as someone who is basically broke because he has 3 kids in Catholic school, I definitely respect Tim for his beliefs. At the same time, I know that this is a football message board and we avoid political and religious talk. So those atheists will be stopped at the gate should they storm the site with their pitch forks. :)

Too late.

I dont think Sanchez was the problem I think Schotty was. Schotty is gone and we have a new approach that was much needed.

The Jets larger investment is still in Sanchez, and thus I expect them to do everything they can to help him succeed BUT...

There's no doubt that the offensive philosophy of Ryan and Sparano fits Tim Tebow very well.

Now that the dust is settled, and forgetting about the politics and/or logic behind his acquisition, I'm sorta excited to have Tim Tebow here. Love him or hate him, he had the chance to go home to Jacksonville and instead he chose the hard road in coming here. There's no way that he hasn't been made aware that the local media and fans have been shredding this deal, and him, and yet he showed more balls with one act than our entire franchise has shown in about 43 years. That's got me a little bit pumped.

So, forgetting the day's events, I started a new thread, free of Tanny/Jets/Woody/Self hatred, to give Tebow the respect he deserves. Hopefully, some of Tebow's ability and willingness to brush off the critics and face the music rubs off on our emo, rabbit-eared QB. At this point, I'm a big fan of this move.

Welcome, Tebow. Be bigger than the franchise you play for.

Bravo T0m, Bravo!

The Jets front office is so incompetent they should have cut Mark Sanchez as soon as the trade for Tebow was completed. Tebow is a franchise quarterback and deserves the respect of the organization. I will not stand for this disrespect towards one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL last season and I will be bombarding the Jets with angry letters and e-mails until Tim Tebow is the starter and Mark Sanchez has been cut. FIRE TANNEBAUM!!!!!

:rolleyes::pooh:

This. Breathe of fresh air. Sense of calm since the deal was finalized.

“I have so much respect for Coach Ryan,” Tebow said. “He’s a coach you want to play for, a coach you want to go out there and do good for. . . . There’s not many NFL locker rooms you’re going to go where you have the cleanest language, so I’m not too worried about that.”

Overall, Tebow thinks he’ll fit in well in Ryan’s locker room.

“Just playing for an organization that has such passionate fans, such a great fan base, so many people that care about them and support them, that definitely means a lot to me,” Tebow said.“I’m just thankful to be a Jet.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/tim-tebow-i-wanted-to-play-for-rex-ryan-when-i-saw-hard-knocks/

WOW. You want to line Tim Tebow up as a Tight End? Do you have any idea how incredibly disrespectful that is to Tim Tebow? How dare you suggest Tim Tebow be forced to line up at that position. Tim Tebow is a GAMER, he's a BALLER, he's a PLAYMAKER, and a SHOT CALLER. No question he belongs at quarterback. Mark Sanchez will not be starting for long and he needs to be cut right now so Tebow can go into camp as the clear #1 starter in time for his intangibles to rub off on the rest of the team. Hopefully Tim Tebow forgives you for your post because I don't.

:akf:

Wasn't that kind of exactly his role his freshman year in Gainesville as well as his rookie year in Denver (until McDaniels got fired)?

I have no idea. Dont care about college football and didnt pay attention to the messiah when he was a rookie. I depend on experts like you to show us the truth.

WOW. You want to line Tim Tebow up as a Tight End? Do you have any idea how incredibly disrespectful that is to Tim Tebow? How dare you suggest Tim Tebow be forced to line up at that position. Tim Tebow is a GAMER, he's a BALLER, he's a PLAYMAKER, and a SHOT CALLER. No question he belongs at quarterback. Mark Sanchez will not be starting for long and he needs to be cut right now so Tebow can go into camp as the clear #1 starter in time for his intangibles to rub off on the rest of the team. Hopefully Tim Tebow forgives you for your post because I don't.

http://sounddogs.com/previews/3751/mp3/374141_SOUNDDOGS__le.mp3

Archived