Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

He's a good athlete with good instincts.

i think we could have done a lot more with those picks, but it is what it is. 4th isnt terrible and if he's a bust no big deal.

That's the whole thing right? When put in perspective it's not all that bad of a trade. The problem I, and others, have with it is the sh*t storm that is coming with the anomaly he is. The potential damage to Sanchez, when he is already on thin ice with the fan base doesn't look like it's worth it from my perspective. We shall see. Either way, it's interesting.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is an unbelievably high price to pay for a team with a starting qb... are we goin to be running @#$@ing option or something???

i just dont get it.. will a pro-tebow jet fan explain this to me

Jets are trying to find ways to improve, while grabbing headlines and keeping their name in the press.

Who knows what would have happened if the Jets actually went after him instead of the smoke show they did. I dont believe for a second the Jets tried to get him, or he had a chance to reject us. If he got offered 100 mil guaranteed from the Jets, he'd be wearing green today.

And you would be flipping out over how the Jets were so dumb to give a guy coming off 4 neck surgeries 100 million guaranteed. Are you serious right now, some people are just impossible to please.

Peyton had ZERO interest in coming to the Jets and dealing with the zoo that would become the manufactured Peyton vs Eli Jets vs Giants rivalry the NY media and fans would create.

Also a 4th rounder is a small price to pay I don't get how people think this is too much.

That's the whole thing right? When put in perspective it's not all that bad of a trade. The problem I, and others, have with it is the sh*t storm that is coming with the anomaly he is. The potential damage to Sanchez, when he is already on thin ice with the fan base doesn't look like it's worth it from my perspective. We shall see. Either way, it's interesting.

I cant disagree. Nobody knows what impact it will have on our actual starter. I hope that Sanchez grows a set and becomes a Top 5 QB and tells us to all go f#ck ourselves for quitting on him.

And you would be flipping out over how the Jets were so dumb to give a guy coming off 4 neck surgeries 100 million guaranteed. Are you serious right now, some people are just impossible to please.

Peyton had ZERO interest in coming to the Jets and dealing with the zoo that would become the manufactured Peyton vs Eli Jets vs Giants rivalry the NY media and fans would create.

Also a 4th rounder is a small price to pay I don't get how people think this is too much.

No. I didnt want Manning. But if the choice of bringing in another QB is Manning or Teblow? I'll take Manning. Both are a bad move.

And Manning would have come here if we offered the best deal. Jets didnt even try.

if u dont have a qb, then yeah a 4th is not a steep price to pay... but when u have a qb that u traded up to get and then u extended.. and signed his back up... when u team arguably has depth isssues... it just seems dumb

sometimes the best move is the move you dont make

this is an unbelievably high price to pay for a team with a starting qb... are we goin to be running @#$@ing option or something???

i just dont get it.. will a pro-tebow jet fan explain this to me

Why is it an unbelievably high price. It's essentially a 4th round draft pick and 2.5 mil that Woody is paying. It doesn't go against the cap so who cares? It's not your or my money. We picked Bilal Powell with the 4th pick last year. Piece of garbage.Tebow will contribute more in one game than Powell had all last year.

Fast forward to preseason:

After spending camp and practice time with Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie, Tim Tebow has become an atheist, frequent marijuana smoker, and has become quite popular with the $50 prostitutes on 42cnd street!

Why is it an unbelievably high price. It's essentially a 4th round draft pick and 2.5 mil that Woody is paying. It doesn't go against the cap so who cares? It's not your or my money. We picked Bilal Powell with the 4th pick last year. Piece of garbage.Tebow will contribute more in one game than Powell had all last year.

that says more about poor drafting than about a back up qb's worth... regardless, if ur a happy about this trade u should never complain about o-line depth or safety depth.. becuz its going towards 4 qbs

im not sayin tebow cant/wont help.... i just think its dumbfounding at this point in time

I dont really understand how they're going to work him in the offense and for him to really be effective. Wildcat is overplayed, and unless our line learns how to block and open holes he will not be successful.

I dont hate the guy, i just dont want him on my team. But he is, so I hope he does well.

This is my motto for this year. Kinda feels like when we signed Jason Taylor, however I hated that guy.

Fast forward to preseason:

After spending camp and practice time with Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie, Tim Tebow has become an atheist, frequent marijuana smoker, and has become quite popular with the $50 prostitutes on 42cnd street!

Thats not nice. Sanchize will be reformed, stop banging 16yr old club whores and wiping boogers on other people's jackets.

Personally, i find the sanchez extension more egregious than this move.

It sucks in the sense that this was partially a pr move that they ended up bumbling like crazy anyways. But i see some definite positives.

-Sanchez has to actually earn his job this year.

-tebow> brunell as a back-up

- in my mind, we're giving up what tebow's draft value should have actually been

-if we're looking for franchise qb this isn't really it. But if the coaching staff is even remotely creative, this could help improve our offense. If used as a qb-rb hybrid he can be productive for us. If we're having him throw more than a handful of times a game, it's stupid.

He's not a good qb, but he's an athletic football player. I think if we play to his strengths he can be a weapon for us.

Its not about the price we paid for him rather the fact he prob will not help our offense while at the same time making fans call for sanchez' head even more than they already will be. The first time he has a bad game everyone will shout for tebow and then what's the move to make? Put in the one QB who is actually worse than sanchez or deal with the fans revolting against the team.

This is gonna create a lot more problems than it will solve.

Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network is reporting that Tebow had a choice between Jets and Jax. He chose NY cause he felt like it was the right fit.

HUH? Over his home town? This kid is coming to NY to become a street preacher.

This makes me even happier about the trade, when I first heard it I was excited but figured Tebow would want nothing to do with this team. The fact that he wants to be here means he will work that much harder however the coaches want to use him.

Its not about the price we paid for him rather the fact he prob will not help our offense while at the same time making fans call for sanchez' head even more than they already will be. The first time he has a bad game everyone will shout for tebow and then what's the move to make? Put in the one QB who is actually worse than sanchez or deal with the fans revolting against the team.

This is gonna create a lot more problems than it will solve.

A franchise that dictates it's decisions based on fans whims will never win a Super Bowl and if Sanchez is having bad enough games that Tebow looks like a legitimate option than the Sanchez experiment should be over anyway.

A franchise that dictates it's decisions based on fans whims will never win a Super Bowl and if Sanchez is having bad enough games that Tebow looks like a legitimate option than the Sanchez experiment should be over anyway.

I agree completely. Fans need to stop being such bitches and actually support their team instead of jumping on and off the bandwagon so f#cking quickly.

Personally, i find the sanchez extension more egregious than this move.

It sucks in the sense that this was partially a pr move that they ended up bumbling like crazy anyways. But i see some definite positives.

-Sanchez has to actually earn his job this year.

-tebow> brunell as a back-up

- in my mind, we're giving up what tebow's draft value should have actually been

-if we're looking for franchise qb this isn't really it. But if the coaching staff is even remotely creative, this could help improve our offense. If used as a qb-rb hybrid he can be productive for us. If we're having him throw more than a handful of times a game, it's stupid.

He's not a good qb, but he's an athletic football player. I think if we play to his strengths he can be a weapon for us.

Exactly.

I think this is a great move. Tebow is a winner and football player. He will definitely help this team - as a change of pace / redzone QB, he'll probably play some TE/WR, and he will be a true fallback option in games that Sanchez goes in the tank.

Great kid, great move, let the circus begin!

This makes me even happier about the trade, when I first heard it I was excited but figured Tebow would want nothing to do with this team. The fact that he wants to be here means he will work that much harder however the coaches want to use him.

+1

Tim tebow knows theres more sinners in NY that need to hear the Good Word

Archived