Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4th round has always been a good round for the Jets to get weapons for sub-packages. McKnight, Leon, Brad Smith. Tebow fits the mold. Speaking in strictly football terms it really wasn't a bad trade.

Literally no risk and little compensation associated with this trade.

Whats funny is all us so called draftniks on this site like the trade.

So that's the bottom line and yet you are a sanchez fan... :animal0029:

So if your not a sanchez fan will you be rooting for him to fail ?

I hope Tim Tebow brings some leadership and positive vibes to our locker room. I think he will be a force in the wildcat and I think the Jets will work him in with Sanchez as well meaning packages with both players on the field at the same time.

I love this kids attitude

LMFAO - there's like 1 gay bar in the entire city of Jacksonville. How many you think are in NYC?

hahahaha....and you know this because you've been searching for another spot?

I'm looking forward to how the dynamic works itself out this season, truth be told. There is a clean-cut, Christian Boy who says all the right things, is kind of niave and people hate him because so many people love him, Then we have the "F-bombing" coach, the impression of a crazy lockerroom and a liberal (political and otherwise) media and an unforgiving fanbase. Mix, shake and serve.

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to welcome all of the Holy Rollers. This is great news.

For those of you that are bondage freaks like me, shoot me a PM. I know many of you love the latex, but hide it. It's ok here. Here at JetNation, gimps are revered. You can be comfortable in your sickness.

BTW, The Moderators lounge is like a Disneyland for BDSM. You'll love it.

Welcome aboard, Holy Rollers!

I wonder if old Timmy boy likes the leather chaps?

I'm looking forward to how the dynamic works itself out this season, truth be told. There is a clean-cut, Christian Boy who says all the right things, is kind of niave and people hate him because so many people love him, Then we have the "F-bombing" coach, the impression of a crazy lockerroom and a liberal (political and otherwise) media and an unforgiving fanbase. Mix, shake and serve.

All us hippie gays down here are prepared to accept him.

I grew up baptist so I suggest this:

Always bring 2 baptists to the tailgate with you. If you bring 1 he'll drink all your beer. Bring 2, and they won't drink any.

Tebow fans are also rude, they never say hi in the liquor store. They just hide in the back and wait until you leave.

So if your not a sanchez fan will you be rooting for him to fail ?

I hope Tim Tebow brings some leadership and positive vibes to our locker room. I think he will be a force in the wildcat and I think the Jets will work him in with Sanchez as well meaning packages with both players on the field at the same time.

I love this kids attitude

No, I'm asking how Villian can be a Sanchez fan when his bottomline criteria is that he wants players to make those around him better.. Sanchez makes players worse..

And yeah, I'm rooting for Sanchez to step up big time here.

, I'm sorta excited to have Tim Tebow here. Love him or hate him, he had the chance to go home to Jacksonville and instead he chose the hard road in coming here. There's no way that he hasn't been made aware that the local media and fans have been shredding this deal, and him, and yet he showed more balls with one act than our entire franchise has shown in about 43 years. That's got me a little bit pumped.

a little personal history here.

I saw Tim Tebow up close at the Senior Bowl. I saw him off the field giving interviews and I saw him on the field learning how to take a snap from center and throwing bounce passes. Here's what I saw:

tebow2.jpg

Coming into the week, I wasn't a huge fan. I wanted to dislike this player (cause hes not a traditional QB). But I kept an open mind. Cause you never know what you are gonna see in Mobile.

Long story short Tebow impressed the hell out of me. He's sincere in what he believes. He makes the players around him work harder. Even the defenders love this guy. He is genuinely nice. He is extremely charismatic. He's a football player through and through (one practice he got amped up by exchanging helmeted headbutts with Taylor Mays). He's a winner. You don't make money betting against Tim Tebow.

And he's never actually disappointed me. Last night, for example, I fully expected Tebow to make the easy choice and go to Jacksonville. For a born again, the idea of NYC is a scary place. It's like going to Sodom. You'd think a man who wants to save souls would want to save as many as possible. and a hypocrite would go where he already was the king of the hill. I fully expected him to go the other way and stay comfortable. But he didn't. He took the hard road and _wanted_ to be a Jet. That speaks volumes about his character. I mean, think about his life. How hard is it to be a Heisman trophy winner _and_ a virgin. I don't think any of us would have the willpower to walk through the desert and refuse all the temptations that Tebow did and does. He really has a certain quality about him that is tough to describe. And it's rare. I know this sounds cheesy and trust me, i didn't want to arrive at this position (I personally do not subscribe to the born again worldview, nor am I a Florida Gator fan). But arrive here I did, nonetheless. I like Tim Tebow, even when he was a Bronco.

side note I've seen players at the Senior Bowl do really distasteful things. I saw a player once take a gift bag, remove the Ipod and throw the rest in the trash. every year I see gang signs flashing. I've seen them blow off little kids who want autographs.

Tim Tebow is like the opposite of all that selfish athlete stuff. He really will make this locker room better, even if he only sees the field for 5 snaps in the wildcat.

and I think there's a successful formula with both Tebow and Sanchez co-existing. Heck, they might even be friends. I love this trade and I'm glad it went through.

No, I'm asking how Villian can be a Sanchez fan when his bottomline criteria is that he wants players to make those around him better.. Sanchez makes players worse..

And yeah, I'm rooting for Sanchez to step up big time here.

oh calm down already.. there were a lot of unusual circumstances that led to Sanchez having a bad year. It's not like he's never played well.

my guess is players rally around mark but find it impossible to dislike Tebow. lockerroom will unite and players will have a chip on their shoulder from all the negativity. This could be a great, great year.

oh calm down already.. there were a lot of unusual circumstances that led to Sanchez having a bad year. It's not like he's never played well.

But it is like he never played well, cause he hasn't. Playign well for a quarter here and there is meaningless. He has to play well for a season

But it is like he never played well, cause he hasn't. Playign well for a quarter here and there is meaningless. He has to play well for a season

He's played well enough to be the front man of a 9 and 11 win season with success in the playoffs. The fact that we're treating an 8-8 season as if it's 1-15 is a testament (no pun intended) to how far the Jets have come.

UGH!!!!! Every thread! The title of the board! And a whole new slew of people who have no prior knowledge of the Jets all of the sudden chiming in because of our new backup QB. They will be the one's leading the cheer for Tebow to be put in the game etc.

I know it's message board and we want more posters and all, but I'm already a little disgusted by all of this.

SIGN ATOGWE!!!!

While my feelings are not as strong as yours, I must say I agree with the sentiment. Enough Already. Can we change the title of the board back to what it was before yesterday.

He's played well enough to be the front man of a 9 and 11 win season with success in the playoffs. The fact that we're treating an 8-8 season as if it's 1-15 is a testament (no pun intended) to how far the Jets have come.

Tebow played well enough to go 8 and 4 with success in the playoffs.. nobody thinks he's a qb... stop factoring in team success, this team has been about defense first, running game second, special teams third and passing game last.

Oh. Oh no. No no no.

He and Santonio have already gone to Red Lobster and played laser tag this offseason.

Don't underestimate the power of pity created by a mob-like media.. Mark may be a little bit of a homo but he's their homo. If players feel he's getting a raw deal they'll be inclined to protect their guy. That's my story.

Do they serve ribs?

Yes. All you can eat.

Yes, many single women hang out with gay men. And I love cross dressing shows. What?

Klacks?

Coming in the summer of 2012.

LOL...

Only JiFruitcake would know the exact count of ghey bars in his zip code

I've been in there once before. Great stools.

Archived