Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

People are hating more because of the overhyped nature of his comebacks and his religiousness, which I understand.

But as a football player, how is it being lost on people that the dude averaged 5.4 yards per carry in 122 attempts last year with everyone and their mother knowing that the Broncos were running like 80% of the time in a tebow game.

To me, the success of this trade depends on how the Jets utilize him. Making him run a traditional offense and/or try to use him like a regular back-up would be wasting an opportunity. I'd like to see them using him in 3rd down and goalline packages. Also, part of the reason that the Wildcat was solved so easily is that we telegraph it easily by having Mark Sanchez run out wide and then run like 95% of the time out of the formation. If Tebow can keep a defense somewhat honest, he's that much more dangerous.

I think people are "hating" on him because they believe he is a terrible QB who's style of play is only effective against bad opponents and must be utilized more than 5-10 times a game.

If they are hating him for other reasons than that they are schmucks.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok whether you agree or disagree with decisions so far being made on personnel. Have to step and root for our team - not individual players. this coming from a lifelong Jet fan till I die, which may be sooner as I follow this team in the coming years.

I agree. We should all step up and root for our entire team - Tim Tebow. Props to the front office for a true leader of men. Hopefully they cut Mark Sanchez and hand him the reigns sooner rather than later.

Whole team = Sanchez, too. Not "1/53." doesn't anyone remember the playoff annihilation of the Denver Tebow's? Selective memory.

No negatives trust me you are in for a magical season. It is not about completions it just takes that one special one. See Tim's first game against Kansas city. He will find a way to take you all the way. This is the best move the Jets have ever made.

Magical season? LOL!!!! The guy is a bit player with a lot of heart but not a lot of talent.

Tim Tebow used all of his intangibles he could to boost the Broncos into the playoffs and past Pittsburgh. He didn't have enough left to boost his secondary last year to cover Gronk and Hernandez for the playoffs. While Tim Tebow's love and leadership are endless, there is only so much that Tim Tebow can do over the course of a few weeks. If there were no lockout and Tebow had spent the entire offseason with the Broncos then surely his intangibles and leadership would have boosted the Broncos secondary enough for them to win. It's a good thing we got Tebow now though because now he can work his magic on our aging defense.

I know there's a lot of excitement right now, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Let's just focus on beating out Snachez for the starting job (he can be used in limited packages). It may take some time for the Tebownator to rub his work ethic off on the rest of these guys.

Did you see Revis' halfhearted attempt to tackle The Tebow? That's not going to fly in the new regime.

He wont beat out Sanchez for the starting job.

His clean life wont rub off on anyone. Cromartie will continue to f#ck women without a condom. Rex will still be a windbag that has a foot fetish. Holmes will continue to be a crybaby bitch.

Sorry to throw cold water on the tebow fans, but his last game against the pats was pretty horrid:

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=320114017

Sanchez is the starting QB.

The Patriots invoked the power of Satan to mortally wound Tim Tebow. Tim Tebow couldn't summon his legendary intangibles during the game because the Patriots asked the devil to knock Tebow out of the game but Tim Tebow's courage allowed him to stay in but it was clear he was not the same player. Don't worry though, Tim Tebow will be ready next time.

Tim Tebow used all of his intangibles he could to boost the Broncos into the playoffs and past Pittsburgh. He didn't have enough left to boost his secondary last year to cover Gronk and Hernandez for the playoffs. While Tim Tebow's love and leadership are endless, there is only so much that Tim Tebow can do over the course of a few weeks. If there were no lockout and Tebow had spent the entire offseason with the Broncos then surely his intangibles and leadership would have boosted the Broncos secondary enough for them to win. It's a good thing we got Tebow now though because now he can work his magic on our aging defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320114017

Poor Tim tebow couldn't even throw one TD pass. Did he expect mcgahee to do all the scoring for him?

If thought of a QB who would be a "Rex" kinda tough football player ....it would either be Tebow or Big Ben, he likes football players with heart, at least we can say Tebow has heart, leadership, toughness, many intangables ..... Tim Tebow's basically Chad Pennington without the frailness.

+1

Good post.

Tim Tebow has what is pretty much a cult of christians following him. They are not going to fit in with this fan base. Holy Rollers are not fun people to be around. This move may sell tickets but it isnt going to improve the atmosphere of the crowd. Idk where I'm going with this other then warning you the holy rollers are coming to preach their beliefs and pretend they're Jets fans.

LOL I'm roman catholic and seem to be doing all right. Hail Mary full of boo!!!

So you're basically saying that only white Christians mock people's race and everyother race and religion doesn't. Jews and Muslims never talk bad about people or mock peoples religion they're the poor little souls that get looked down on by the man.

Everyone needs to take their heads out of their asses and realize all organized religion is complete bullsh*t and get off their high horses. Jews aren't any better then Catholics, Catholics aren't any better then, Prods, Prods aren't any better then Muslims, Muslims aren't any better then Buddhist and so on and so forth.

Get off your ******* soap boxes people it's ******* stupid.

As far as Tebow goes, I'd rather have a guy on the team that trys to do go and set a good example for people to follow then some hoodrat that's punching girls, shooting people, walking out on tabs or basically acting like a ******* moran.

Religions are the Devil

there's 457 negatives to this move

there's only one positive aspect, we get the back-page headline tomorrow which I now believe is all management cares about

I dont know about that. Just saw the metro this morning and saw Sanchez and Tebow on the front cover, that's right, the Muthaf'ing front cover. It will probably be the last time we get the front page of any paper.

I'm with you. I can deal with a lot as a Jets fan ever since I realized I have a whole "real life" to deal with. :biggrin:

But I am seriously unsure if I will be able to deal with the Tebowtards who are already flooding our world.

Temporary insanity works best. I have no clue on what Ive posted the past 24 hours. Its just been fun being insane and watching the board go insane over 1 player.

I dont know about that. Just saw the metro this morning and saw Sanchez and Tebow on the front cover, that's right, the Muthaf'ing front cover. It will probably be the last time we get the front page of any paper.

Nah. We'll get it again. Woody/Tanny/Rexy love being the center of attention. They'll do something else stupid when they feel empty inside.

Holy rollers? That hardly seems like a welcoming attitude.

We're a tight knit community and we dont like people who have opposing views than us, even if our views are warped, make no sense, and leads to a lot of violence.

Tebow's a football player and uses that platform to sew good into the community and the greater world. Aren't there worse reasons to follow someone?

Aww.. You're cute.

Besides, you will be too busy bragging about your trophies to care!

What trophies? Has Teblow already won something? Did I watch a Super Bowl from an alternate universe the past 2 years? Jets arent winning sh!t. Teblow is a nice distraction from all the criminals and asshats that are currently on the team. Teblow wont lead the Jets anywhere other than in the prayer circle.

Archived