Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely MUST get to bed, but wanted to start a post to introduce myself.

I'm a life long gator fan, born and raised in Florida (I know, I know, you guys already hate me for the Dolphins), but I'm not much of a fan of theirs. I'm a fan of #15. He is first in our hearts and first on our team.

You guys are seriously in for the golden age of your franchise. This will be remembered as the best period of Jets history since superbowl III.

Tebow brings WAY more to the table than you've seen in the highlight reels. He's a 'character' guy that improves the play of everyone around him. Guys will want to go to war and die for him. Your team, which has been traditionally been known for it's staunch defense, will undergo a renaissance on both sides of the ball.

Last point before I peter-off to sleep. Keep this in mind; The Broncos were the worst team in Franchise history and started out 1-4 this year. Elway hated his guts and even Fox undermined him during the season. The media was crazy critical of him. How did he respond? By taking his last place team on a 7-4 run and then beating the #1 ranked defense in the NFL having not even played, or started, a single season of professional football and shattering several post-season records in the process.

THAT'S what you get with Tebow.

Hi. I had a hard time sleeping last night too. Been a Jets fan since birth and I was blessed to have a brilliant mind that allowed me to get into the University of Florida. This is the most exciting thing to ever happen to me as a Jets fan.

All Tebow does is prove people wrong. He's been doing it since pop-warner. They said he couldnt be a High School QB, he went on to break the all time passing records in Florida High School. They said he couldnt play his style ball in the SEC, he went on to win 2 National Championships, a Heisman and was the first player ever to have 20 rushing TD's and 20 passing TD's in the history of college Football. They said he couldnt play NFL QB, well, he went on to lead his team to a division title, a post season birth and victory.

Doubt the kid. He dares you.

Hi. I had a hard time sleeping last night too. Been a Jets fan since birth and I was blessed to have a brilliant mind that allowed me to get into the University of Florida. This is the most exciting thing to ever happen to me as a Jets fan.

All Tebow does is prove people wrong. He's been doing it since pop-warner. They said he couldnt be a High School QB, he went on to break the all time passing records in Florida High School. They said he couldnt play his style ball in the SEC, he went on to win 2 National Championships, a Heisman and was the first player ever to have 20 rushing TD's and 20 passing TD's in the history of college Football. They said he couldnt play NFL QB, well, he went on to lead his team to a division title, a post season birth and victory.

Doubt the kid. He dares you.

Well said! The kid is the paragon of the underdog. He took a laughingstock Broncos team and made them relevant enough to be able to court Peyton Manning. They showed no appreciation for this, which is NY's windfall.

Give him some weapons, do what he says and he will make you guys all see the light.

I would prefer they shut up about it, yes. Same with actors who go political. Stfu that's not your job. Then Tebow's all about converting the brown people to Christianity....Yich.

I don't hate them on an individual level and I think they're genuinely good people too btw. Just have some real disagreements on the whole man in sky organized religion thing. Religion should probably be an extremely personal thing if you choose to lean that way in life. Their identity to the world is football player and basketball player, not ambassador of their god.

I do cringe as well when actors go political but you just have to realize that when someone believes strongly in their cause they're going to leverage their influence to be an ambassador. In Tebow's case, Christian doctrine instructs him to do so.

The atheists just ran him out of town

There's 0 chance this is a true statement. Denver fans of all backgrounds loved Tebow.

I have no idea. Dont care about college football and didnt pay attention to the messiah when he was a rookie. I depend on experts like you to show us the truth.

It is the truth! Tebow has been electric both on and off the field! He was surgical in goal line/short yardage packages during the reign of that buffoon Orton. It's one of the reasons folks were so jealous of him.

Elway had no choice but to play him after Orton proved he could not be 1/10 the stud Tebow is, but craftily tried to hamstring him. As long as your coaches don't do that, you'll be greatly served by The Tebow.

Archived