The NY Jets have cemented themselves as the biggest embarrasment in the NFL.

The Gun Of Bavaria

He's a better back up than Drew Stanton. He's a beast in short yardage situations. He was top 10 in QBR during the 4th quarter. He was the most efficient QB in the league in the Red Zone. He's a leader, a motivator and players and coaches love him.

There is nothing negative about this move whatsoever.

Seriously. I'm still shocked that the Broncos would trade him within the AFC. They must have some brass balls over there.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a better back up than Drew Stanton. He's a beast in short yardage situations. He was top 10 in QBR during the 4th quarter. He was the most efficient QB in the league in the Red Zone. He's a leader, a motivator and players and coaches love him.

I'll remember this one.

Agree 100%. Gave up only a 4th round pick. Litte downside.

Jets fanbase: "We want someone who will push Sanchez!"

Jets fanbase: "Nooooooooooo, what are you doing signing someone who could push Sanchez?"

That's the only benefit. Tebow just isn't that much of a threat

I'll remember this one.

Remember what? A fact filled post? Thanks! lol

THis move makes total football sense, Tebow will run Sparano's wildcat better then Ronnie Brown. THat's a fact..

The danger of course is Sanchez's fragile ego, but who gives a sh*t really

Exactly, why people are acting like this wasnt a good move is beyond me. Our coach loves the WildCat or OC loves the WildCat. Our best passing play of the season last year came from the WildCat (Kerley).

This is a brilliant move. Literally zero downside.

THis move makes total football sense, Tebow will run Sparano's wildcat better then Ronnie Brown. THat's a fact..

LOLOL!!!!

We should have just signed Major Harris to run the wishbone, then. Ronnie Brown was a 1,000 yard rusher who also ran some wildcat plays. They invested picks in a distraction who can only run some wildcat plays, which suck anyway.

It is what it is -- Can't do nothing about it and I will never stop being a fan of this team even if they brought back Kotite.

Should be very interesting down the road.

So I say this---

Welcome Tim Tebow I will root for you with all my heart -- Good Luck you are going to need it.

GO JETS

Remember what? A fact filled post? Thanks! lol

Fact filled? You're the biggest tebow supporter on this site. QB rating in the 4th qtr? Give me a break. We really can't argue this but I hope ur right, I only see disaster.

Fact filled? You're the biggest tebow supporter on this site. QB rating in the 4th qtr? Give me a break. We really can't argue this but I hope ur right, I only see disaster.

You are probably asking why that is relative? Well, Tebow wasnt used as a traditional QB until the 4th quarter when they actually opened the game up and let his natural talent take over. First 3 quarters are run run and pass on a 3rd and long. Those 4th quarters, they actually let him play a little bit and he was successful.

Tell me how this turns into a disaster? What is the negative impact?

I agree, thats a good point I ddin't bother to think about. Sporano & Tebow will do some damage. Ronnie Brown couldn't throw the ball and other teams still had trouble with it, so this could possible work out.

Tebow if nothing else will bring all the selfishness in the locker room to a minimum hopfully. Get a real leader in there to shape some things up, not some loudmouth linebacker who looks like a WR.

No way. Miami and Oakland are at least consistent with what they do.

The Jets bring embarrassment to an entirely new level.

There is zero reason for this signing. Zero. None. Nada. Bringing Tim Tebow to the Jets serves no legitimate football purpose. It does not make the Jets the least bit better, more aggressive or perform any form of satisfactory football function.

This move is solely about marketing and the NY Jets getting in on the cult-like following that Tebow has and how that following will lead to jersey sales, commercials and other items which will put money in Woody Johnson's pocket. This move was made solely as a public relations stunt.

THIS TRADE SERVES ZERO FOOTBALL PURPOSE

This trade does serve a football purpose. The Jets will be a better offense with Tebow taking snaps from Sanchez. That's a fact. Just as Miami was better when they took the ball out of Pennington's hands.

The joke, and the embarassment is that you have a QB you just extended and guaranteed for the next two years and that you drafted highly who you are still trying to hide and take the ball away from as often as possible. The organization in 2 weeks time has decided that Sanchez is the guy and that Sanchez is not in fact the guy.

Tebow does make the Jets better. He also makes Sanchez and the front office look worse.

I have nothing more to say. This team, this GM, this Head Coach and all that played a role in the trading of Tim Tebow are a disgrace to the game of professional football.

Miami is still worse, not that it makes our situation any better. So now there is even less to spend and we still don't have a Right Tackle, or a SS, or a Pass rush or a Premier Running back. Tanny is making Kotite look good.

This trade does serve a football purpose. The Jets will be a better offense with Tebow taking snaps from Sanchez. That's a fact. Just as Miami was better when they took the ball out of Pennington's hands.

The joke, and the embarassment is that you have a QB you just extended and guaranteed for the next two years and that you drafted highly who you are still trying to hide and take the ball away from as often as possible. The organization in 2 weeks time has decided that Sanchez is the guy and that Sanchez is not in fact the guy.

Tebow does make the Jets better. He also makes Sanchez and the front office look worse.

I dont see how the FO looks worse by signing a player that makes them better. That makes no sense. The Sanchez extension and Tebow trade really have nothing to do with each other. He's not here to be the QB. He's here to add another element to the game and be the back up. Nothing more, nothing less.

I dont see how the FO looks worse by signing a player that makes them better. That makes no sense. The Sanchez extension and Tebow trade really have nothing to do with each other. He's not here to be the QB. He's here to add another element to the game and be the back up. Nothing more, nothing less.

You don't give the kind of money they gave to Sanchez and the guarantees to take the ball out of his hands 10+ snaps a game.

Sanchez is being paid like a top 10 QB while playing like a bottom 5 QB and now being treated like a bottom 5 QB.

You want the ball out of Sanchez's hands... Take it. But don't pay him like a guy who whould be top 10 to hand the ball off and stand on the sidelines while Tebow wins you regular season games against defenses that can't tackle.

You don't give the kind of money they gave to Sanchez and the guarantees to take the ball out of his hands 10+ snaps a game.

Sanchez is being paid like a top 10 QB while playing like a bottom 5 QB and now being treated like a bottom 5 QB.

You want the ball out of Sanchez's hands... Take it. But don't pay him like a guy who whould be top 10 to hand the ball off and stand on the sidelines while Tebow wins you regular season games against defenses that can't tackle.

50M over 5 years, some would say MS is being paid like a top 5 LOL

Archived