Jets interested in...

Jetme23

If it were me I would have tried to deal Holmes (because you know Holmes is so coveted by the rest of the league) to the Bears for Forte and then target one of the WR's in this years Draft

Also to add Sperm the Bears did not do that kind of deal with him because they are loading up on WR's they intend to throw the ball and so they are going to load up on WR's .... they are loading up with talent just like the jets :) Watch them and San fran in this upcomming draft then watch the Jets

If they could have traded Holmes they would have. No one wants him, so your plan is no more valid than my saying I would have traded Sanchez for Rodgers instead of extending him.

That makes no sense. His cap hit this season would be less on a long-term deal than by franchise tagging him. They simply don't want to invest large dollars in Matt Forte because a RB on a 2nd mega-deal type contract rarely finishes it.

You are again glossing over the pick(s) it would take to from the privilege of overpaying him in the first place.

If he was able to be locked up for reasonable dollars Chicago would have locked him up and wouldn't have brought in Bush. You must see that. Instead, they chose to pay him a lot for this 1 season unless someone is dumb enough to trade them a first rounder or more.

RBs who just finished their rookie contracts, with 4+ seasons already under their belts, are typically the worst long-term investment a team can make.

What if at age 30 he still is as elusive and durable as he was when he was 25, lol. You want to play the "what if" game? What if Santonio Holmes has 1300 receiving yards and 10 TDs this season? It's more likely than Matt Forte still playing at the same level when he's 30 years old.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were me I would have tried to deal Holmes (because you know Holmes is so coveted by the rest of the league) to the Bears for Forte and then target one of the WR's in this years Draft

If it were you, you'd gleefully overpay your sh*tty QB by 10x then face the stark reality that your ultimate plan of surrounding a crappy QB with elite players all over the field doesn't work from a cap perspective. particularly when overpaying crappy QB

That makes no sense. His cap hit this season would be less on a long-term deal than by franchise tagging him. They simply don't want to invest large dollars in Matt Forte because a RB on a 2nd mega-deal type contract rarely finishes it.

You are again glossing over the pick(s) it would take to from the privilege of overpaying him in the first place.

If he was able to be locked up for reasonable dollars Chicago would have locked him up and wouldn't have brought in Bush. You must see that. Instead, they chose to pay him a lot for this 1 season unless someone is dumb enough to trade them a first rounder or more.

RBs who just finished their rookie contracts, with 4+ seasons already under their belts, are typically the worst long-term investment a team can make.

What if at age 30 he still is as elusive and durable as he was when he was 25, lol. You want to play the "what if" game? What if Santonio Holmes has 1300 receiving yards and 10 TDs this season? It's more likely than Matt Forte still playing at the same level when he's 30 years old.

Forget it sperm lets just trust the Jets wonderful scouting team and the accountant who have not produced a RB yet. Screw getting better screw the skill positions screw the offense. I think this RB arguement is totally ignorant. Teams that pass the ball get WR;s teams that run the ball should stock up on RB's so where are our RB's .

Yopu are totally wrong about not signing a 26 year old RB to a 4 year deal because you think he will be done by 30 thats ridiculous. if your ok with Greene McKnight and Powell and trusting the Jets with another failed Mid round pick then you deserve the sh*t we will be piutting on the field on offense.

If it were you, you'd gleefully overpay your sh*tty QB by 10x then face the stark reality that your ultimate plan of surrounding a crappy QB with elite players all over the field doesn't work from a cap perspective. particularly when overpaying crappy QB

Ahh the logic so since in your opinion we dont have a good QB screw signing players to get better on offense ...great arguement

You sanchez haters are getting a bit old at this point and its getting really annoying that ever yfreaking thread needs to turn into a sanchez fest could you please just give it up or go root for another team please

Ahh the logic so since in your opinion we dont have a good QB screw signing players to get better on offense ...great arguement

You sanchez haters are getting a bit old at this point and its getting really annoying that ever yfreaking thread needs to turn into a sanchez fest could you please just give it up or go root for another team please

You sanchez fellator's and rest of team haters were old 6 months ago. I'm the guy that supports 52 guys on this roster and the coaching staff/front office, you're the guy that thinks the entire team and front office sucks except for the QB,... You go root for another team, you should've follwed penny away years ago

If they could have traded Holmes they would have. No one wants him, so your plan is no more valid than my saying I would have traded Sanchez for Rodgers instead of extending him.

if you noticed when I was talking about Holmes it was past tense (meaning before the roster bonus as due) and it was not serious. But go ahead and post arguing the point. In reality Holmes should have been dumped before his bonus was due but the jets simply didnt have the balls to do it so they jepordize the locker room for yet another season. Once again this organization is a joke and going deeper into stupidity each and every day

Parcells took us out of a similar situation 16 years ago. This team wont be that bad but Ill be willing to bet we will be stuck in mediocrity for years to come with really dumb personnel moves and a coach who has no idea wtf is going on with the offense. We can pass on a good RT in Winston but sign a guy like Tim tebow who will barely make part time status for 2 mil per year ? Brilliant.

You sanchez fellator's and rest of team haters were old 6 months ago. I'm the guy that supports 52 guys on this roster and the coaching staff/front office, you're the guy that thinks the entire team and front office sucks except for the QB,... You go root for another team, you should've follwed penny away years ago

never ever said the QB was playing good and never made any of the statements you claim in this childish post. Give it a break already. Sanchez has the ability and needs to improve just like plenty of other good QB's have throughout the history of this league. How you give up on a young OB and relentlessly joke about it is whats the real joke here not those who still feel he can get much better

never ever said the QB was playing good and never made any of the statements you claim in this childish post. Give it a break already. Sanchez has the ability and needs to improve just like plenty of other good QB's have throughout the history of this league. How you give up on a young OB and relentlessly joke about it is whats the real joke here not those who still feel he can get much better

I made the same post you made to me, but in reverse... You think supporting the QB and bashing everyone else makes you a true fan, and had the audacity to tell me to go root for another team. You're delusional

I made the same post you made to me, but in reverse... You think supporting the QB and bashing everyone else makes you a true fan, and had the audacity to tell me to go root for another team. You're delusional

Chan I disagree with a lot of the things this team does and I disagree with a lot of the players on this roster but I dont spend my time making jokes about them and looking for rep from those that agree with me. The Jets have sh*tty Skill players and I wont back off that stance. They have had sh*tty skill players for years so I guess it wont change much. When I suggest we surround our young QB with good young players on offense (just like all the other teams who spend a high draft pick on a QB do) the same idiots who bash Sanchez all ove these boards disagree. Wonder why Peyton told us to take a walk ? Because hes a smart player and in no way was he going to come to this team that has glaring holes all over the offense. Denver has some good young players in place and Manning will be light years ahead of Tim Tebow Manning made the smart move

Chan I disagree with a lot of the things this team does and I disagree with a lot of the players on this roster but I dont spend my time making jokes about them and looking for rep from those that agree with me. The Jets have sh*tty Skill players and I wont back off that stance. They have had sh*tty skill players for years so I guess it wont change much. When I suggest we surround our young QB with good young players on offense (just like all the other teams who spend a high draft pick on a QB do) the same idiots who bash Sanchez all ove these boards disagree. Wonder why Peyton told us to take a walk ? Because hes a smart player and in no way was he going to come to this team that has glaring holes all over the offense. Denver has some good young players in place and Manning will be light years ahead of Tim Tebow Manning made the smart move

Again, I bash 1 guy on the team, you bash about 50. Why are you telling me to go root for a different team, when it's you that only support a single guy on the team

Why is my sig making fun of the QB in anyway different then your sig making fun of the WR1

also, there is 0% evidence that Manning said no. There is evidence to the contrary however.

Again, I bash 1 guy on the team, you bash about 50. Why are you telling me to go root for a different team, when it's you that only support a single guy on the team

also, there is 0% evidence that Manning said no. There is evidence to the contrary however.

I bash 50 ? Exactly who do I bash other than Smith, Holmes, Ducasse, Hunter RB's who cant catch and our aging LB's which really is not even a bash its just a fact .... Could you enlighten me ?

Prove one of those bashes wrong for me . Please

I have a super-innovative plan for getting a back like Forte.

Step One: Tell scouts to look for backs that can run and catch.

Step Two: Draft one of those.

Would love this but how has that worked out so far ? Joe McKnight ? is there even a back with Forte type talent in this years draft after Richardson ? If there is do you expact the accountant to find him based on scouting reports ?

Ahh ok so the Jets announce they are in the Manning sweepstakes and then decide a few days later they are not. Just for the hell of it right ?? lol get real man

Forget it sperm lets just trust the Jets wonderful scouting team and the accountant who have not produced a RB yet. Screw getting better screw the skill positions screw the offense. I think this RB arguement is totally ignorant. Teams that pass the ball get WR;s teams that run the ball should stock up on RB's so where are our RB's .

Yopu are totally wrong about not signing a 26 year old RB to a 4 year deal because you think he will be done by 30 thats ridiculous. if your ok with Greene McKnight and Powell and trusting the Jets with another failed Mid round pick then you deserve the sh*t we will be piutting on the field on offense.

It's bad business to spend picks and a huge contract on a RB. It's a young man's position, and with the new rookie cap numbers it makes more sense than ever to draft them high, use 'me up, and let some other team give him his second contract. It's a dime a dozen, flavor of the month position. Build the OL and the running game will follow. I think you'll see the Jets draft OL this year, and maybe another back. They seem to hit the RB position every year. I'd like them to take one high, but I doubt this is the year.

Why is my sig making fun of the QB in anyway different then your sig making fun of the WR1

The so called number 1 WR you are refering too is NOT a number 1 WR he might perform better with a real number one on the opposite side. Its pretty well documneted hes an a$$hole I think you can see that from his actions over the years. So how is saying "asstonio must go" making fun of him ? Im just saying we need to get rid of this cancer and get some young WRS in here our Young QB can grow with JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER TEAMS WHO DRAFT QB'S EARLY DO.

It's bad business to spend picks and a huge contract on a RB. It's a young man's position, and with the new rookie cap numbers it makes more sense than ever to draft them high, use 'me up, and let some other team give him his second contract. It's a dime a dozen, flavor of the month position. Build the OL and the running game will follow. I think you'll see the Jets draft OL this year, and maybe another back. They seem to hit the RB position every year. I'd like them to take one high, but I doubt this is the year.

Slats I would agree with you if I trusted the Jets drafting ability but I dont. I know you dont as well. Also I guess everyone on this forum who is dsagreeing with getting Forte was bashing Parcells back in 97 as well when he got Martin and turned this team around to one of the better teams in the NFL by having threats on every level of the offense .

Jets need A ****KING RIGHT TACKLE. And a pass rusher. So...there are no elite pass rushers left via FA and the jets don't have $15M. However they do and would have enough to sign a top FA RT. See that, ironic is spells FART. Cutting Hunter would have saved another 2.5M on top of what they have left.

Jets need A ****KING RIGHT TACKLE. And a pass rusher. So...there are no elite pass rushers left via FA and the jets don't have $15M. However they do and would have enough to sign a top FA RT. See that, ironic is spells FART. Cutting Hunter would have saved another 2.5M on top of what they have left.

Winston would have fixed our O-Line and created depth almost instantly but the Jets didnt even bring the guy in because i think they are truly happy with the Hunter/Ducasse debacle/

Slats I would agree with you if I trusted the Jets drafting ability but I dont. I know you dont as well. Also I guess everyone on this forum who is dsagreeing with getting Forte was bashing Parcells back in 97 as well when he got Martin and turned this team around to one of the better teams in the NFL by having threats on every level of the offense .

Martin was only 24, but no, I was not in favor of giving up a 1st & 3rd for him. I hated the extension they gave him, too. I'd be happy plodding thru with the Johnny Johnsons and Adrian Murrells of the world in hopes of finding that diamond in the rough. It's the one position I'd completely avoid in FA as a general rule. I'd scour the draft and other teams practice squads, but I'd never lay out a big contract (plus picks!) on a RB. it's simply bad business.

Shonn Greene, for all the love I don't have for him, was a 1000 yard rusher last year. I expect the Jets to have one of the top rushing attacks in the league this year with a huge committee of Greene, McKnight, Tebow, Kerley, Conner, Powell, and probably a couple end arounds by your favorite WR.

I'd like them to find a starting caliber OL, and a complete TE in the draft, but I'm probably asking for too much.

I bash 50 ? Exactly who do I bash other than Smith, Holmes, Ducasse, Hunter RB's who cant catch and our aging LB's which really is not even a bash its just a fact .... Could you enlighten me ?

Prove one of those bashes wrong for me . Please

We went to the AFCC championship game 2 times with Smith

#1 need: QB

#1 need: QB

Along with every other franchise except the obvious.

The Ravens make the playoffs every year...with our options at QB the only thing we can do is get better at every other position. The Ravens have a great defense every year and a back that makes plays in the running game and in the passing game.

Along with every other franchise except the obvious.

The Ravens make the playoffs every year...with our options at QB the only thing we can do is get better at every other position. The Ravens have a great defense every year and a back that makes plays in the running game and in the passing game.

And every year they fall short of the SB...

Would ya look at that !!! A back who can catch, break taclkles, and hit the hole at top speed .... Im not sure if all of this fits the Jets G&P Model Villian after all we do have Joe McKnight

What I noticed about this video? The Bears can block their asses off. And Forte has some nice moves, but he also has some huge holes. Target OL. A nice big bodied monster who can pull and block downfield. And Green will be as effective as Forte. Bonus: Sanchez will improve as well. WR's will get to finish off routes, TE's won't be forced to stay in and double DE's on passing downs. Really, the fact that Tanny isn't doing sh*t about our most obvious need is so typical of this team. Olineman don't make the back page of the Post. So we don't need them apparently.

I have a super-innovative plan for getting a back like Forte.

Step One: Tell scouts to look for backs that can run and catch.

Step Two: Draft one of those.

Rex: You know what player I want right?

Scouts: Of course we do sir.

Rex: Men, there are 3 types of players out there.

Scouts: Yes we know sir.

Rex: You have the ones that get knocked down and stay down.

Scouts: We would never bring you those sir.

Rex: The ones that get knocked down and get up half of the time.

Scouts: No, no, we would never bring you those either sir.

Rex: Then you have ones that get knocked down, and keep getting up, they get knocked down again, but they always get up!

Scouts: Oh yes sir, those, those are the ones we shall get you sir.

Rex: NO! You freaking idiots! I want the guy who keeps knocking everybody down!!!!

Scouts: Oh, we are so sorry sir.

Rex: TANNY! These Jr. accountants are not going to work out!!!!

What I noticed about this video? The Bears can block their asses off. And Forte has some nice moves, but he also has some huge holes. Target OL. A nice big bodied monster who can pull and block downfield. And Green will be as effective as Forte. Bonus: Sanchez will improve as well. WR's will get to finish off routes, TE's won't be forced to stay in and double DE's on passing downs. Really, the fact that Tanny isn't doing sh*t about our most obvious need is so typical of this team. Olineman don't make the back page of the Post. So we don't need them apparently.

Ive been screaming for O-lineman for 2 years your preaching to the chior

Matt forte. Rumor through incarcerated bob on twitter. I know a lot of you dont like the dude, but so far he hasnt been wrong this offseason. From the Peyton signing (week before reported) to Tebow. He has been wrong before but I really do believe his sources .

Anyway, discuss..

Matt Forte was someone I identified right after the season as someone to replace LT, and provide a much more talented option A, with Greene as option B out of the backfield. This move would be great, imo.

Especially if its a sign-and-trade type of deal.

So you rip them for

A. signing overpriced veterans instead of building those positions through the draft

and

B. it seems would bash them for not giving up draft picks PLUS signing another with a huge cap number for doing that with the NFL's most disposable starting position.

Basically you've outlined the choices as being between option A and option B, and no matter which the Jets would choose you despise the decision.

Got it.

Archived