Jets interested in...

Jetme23

Matt forte. Rumor through incarcerated bob on twitter. I know a lot of you dont like the dude, but so far he hasnt been wrong this offseason. From the Peyton signing (week before reported) to Tebow. He has been wrong before but I really do believe his sources .

Anyway, discuss..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been talking about forte for a long time with my idiot friends. I love him for the Jets and was hoping they would make a move for him. He had an injury last season and is asking for more than we can pay from what I understand, but maybe we have a trade they would be interested in that would clear the cap space. Someone like....hmmmm......... I seriously have no idea, but I hope it happens.

Matt forte. Rumor through incarcerated bob on twitter. I know a lot of you dont like the dude, but so far he hasnt been wrong this offseason. From the Peyton signing (week before reported) to Tebow. He has been wrong before but I really do believe his sources .

Anyway, discuss..

Didn't he say the Jets were trading for Freeney?

Forte to the Jets would be such a bad move. Guy just isnt that good and you have to pay big bucks to get him. Im not sure any back is worth more than 3 or 4 mil a year and hes going to want 6 or 7.

+1

No to surrendering high picks AND high contracts for a good but overrated player who is also ridiculously unlikely to fully play out that 2nd NFL contract. Also I think he's going to want more than $6-7M.

Forte to the Jets would be such a bad move. Guy just isnt that good and you have to pay big bucks to get him. Im not sure any back is worth more than 3 or 4 mil a year and hes going to want 6 or 7.

This x10000

Meanwhile we still don't have a viable RT on the roster.

The last thing the Jets need to be doing is pissing away more draft picks. This was supposed to be the year they finally held onto their picks and tried to build through the draft for a change, and they approached their FA period based around that concept. That already took a sudden turn yesterday and the last thing they need to be doing is sending off a top pick and handing out a big contract for a player coming off an injury at the position with the shortest shelf-life in all of the NFL. If the Jets wanted a RB, they should have saved their picks and spent even less money on a younger, healthier FA like Bush.

Averaging 1000 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving a year, the FO needs to do whatever it takes to get him.

Here is where Matt Forte stacks up and why you dont overpay for any backs. Everyone is close to equal

http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/valuepriceRB.php

And here is why it is even more crazy to pay for guys because they put up X amount of yards in a season. Notice how these players never ever ever come close to duplicating that success again

http://www.nyjetscap.com/mattforte.php

Its a dime a dozen position. Keep drafting them and hope your scouting improves.

Anyway, discuss..

If we can get him that'll be great. Whats up with the Bears? They jut signed Bush but dont give Forte his due? To be honest here Forte was very patient this past season. I hope we can get this guy. This will begin to make up for the Tebow/Twitter mistakes the Jets made this week

Good for them. Hope he enjoys facing this D.

Jets need to fix the OL first, then they can worry about RB. Brandon Bolden in the 6-UDFA range.

I'm starting to think they're going to be drafting oline and LBers. I'd like for them to get Grubbs and draft a OT with the 2nd pick. Forte would be a stud on this O as well as NEs and I'd really prefer not to play against him 2 or 3 times a year.

Maybe they'll take Scott, Smith and Stanton for him LMAO

Averaging 1000 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving a year, the FO needs to do whatever it takes to get him.

Agree Make a real player happen for once. A threat like Forte would turn this whole offense around IMO and yes a RT is needed as welll

I'm starting to think they're going to be drafting oline and LBers. I'd like for them to get Grubbs and draft a OT with the 2nd pick. Forte would be a stud on this O as well as NEs and I'd really prefer not to play against him 2 or 3 times a year.

Maybe they'll take Scott, Smith and Stanton for him LMAO

I would trade Santonio Holmes for him then draft Floyd in the first round of the Draft. probably not possible but wtf

+1

No to surrendering high picks AND high contracts for a good but overrated player who is also ridiculously unlikely to fully play out that 2nd NFL contract. Also I think he's going to want more than $6-7M.

Hes 26 years old what do you mean unlikely to play out the contract ? We dont have to workhorse the guy in our offense and he would certainly be the threat we have lacked.

The last thing the Jets need to be doing is pissing away more draft picks. This was supposed to be the year they finally held onto their picks and tried to build through the draft for a change, and they approached their FA period based around that concept. That already took a sudden turn yesterday and the last thing they need to be doing is sending off a top pick and handing out a big contract for a player coming off an injury at the position with the shortest shelf-life in all of the NFL. If the Jets wanted a RB, they should have saved their picks and spent even less money on a younger, healthier FA like Bush.

Would have loved Bush and he signed cheap 4 years 14 mil but the stupid Jets did nothing/

Hes 26 years old what do you mean unlikely to play out the contract ? We dont have to workhorse the guy in our offense and he would certainly be the threat we have lacked.

He's unlikely to play out a contract at $7-8M per year. Entering the last year(s) of such a deal he will be a 30 year-old RB with 7-8 years as starter under his belt. Whoever signs him to that, statistically, will decide after 1-3 years he's no longer worth that kind of money. It's a rough sport and a position that takes a real beating while still relying on speed and elusiveness. As much as he's not worth that, he certainly isn't worth that plus whatever it takes to pry him away from Chicago who, on paper, is entitled to two #1 picks for him.

He's a good RB who is a terrific pass-catcher. From the little I've heard out of his mouth he seems like the type of player, from the neck up, that the Jets could use as he comes across as being a great kid. Even still, he is not worth that kind of money long term which is why Chicago didn't do that same deal with him themselves and instead would rather sign Michael Bush for $4M/year and keep Forte at franchise tag dollars for 1-2 more years with no long-term ties and cut him loose after the 2012 season at age 27 or after the 2013 season at age 28.

He's unlikely to play out a contract at $7-8M per year. Entering the last year(s) of such a deal he will be a 30 year-old RB with 7-8 years as starter under his belt. Whoever signs him to that, statistically, will decide after 1-3 years he's no longer worth that kind of money. It's a rough sport and a position that takes a real beating while still relying on speed and elusiveness. As much as he's not worth that, he certainly isn't worth that plus whatever it takes to pry him away from Chicago who, on paper, is entitled to two #1 picks for him.

He's a good RB who is a terrific pass-catcher. From the little I've heard out of his mouth he seems like the type of player, from the neck up, that the Jets could use as he comes across as being a great kid. Even still, he is not worth that kind of money long term which is why Chicago didn't do that same deal with him themselves and instead would rather sign Michael Bush for $4M/year and keep Forte at franchise tag dollars for 1-2 more years with no long-term ties and cut him loose after the 2012 season at age 27 or after the 2013 season at age 28.

Sperm dont you think we can work a contract that gives us options in years 4 or 5 ? What if hes the type of back that can still produce well at the age of 30 ? Maybe late in his career he moves to a thrid down back situation since he can catch the football well. Look what a player like Curtis Martin did for this franchise. We are not going to get a player like Forte in the draft IMO.

Its all for nothing anyhow I dont expect the Jets to get a real running back to complement their offensive philosophy so not point arguing

Also to add Sperm the Bears did not do that kind of deal with him because they are loading up on WR's they intend to throw the ball and so they are going to load up on WR's .... they are loading up with talent just like the jets :) Watch them and San fran in this upcomming draft then watch the Jets

Archived