Jets interested in...

Jetme23

Along with every other franchise except the obvious.

Statistically we have a guy whose a bottom 5 QB... Our QB need is greeater then 75% of the other teams... An average QB paired with this defense makes us legitimate contenders...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you rip them for

A. signing overpriced veterans instead of building those positions through the draft

and

B. it seems would bash them for not giving up draft picks PLUS signing another with a huge cap number for doing that with the NFL's most disposable starting position.

Basically you've outlined the choices as being between option A and option B, and no matter which the Jets would choose you despise the decision.

Got it.

Sperm obviously some positions need to be filled via FA especially when it comes to the Jets drafting capabilities. Your taking this too literally Im not sure what would have to be done to get a Matt Forte but if the option was a Santonio trade Ill drive the SOB there myself and gladly pay whatever it took .

Once again I dont know all the particulars but a 26 year old RB is not a bad decision and NO I do not believe RB's are a disposable position. Its a very tricky position to evaluate how they may fit on a particular team and how much they actully do for an offense. I think there have been a lot of poor decisions over the years when it comes to this but I do not believe Curtis Martin was one of those Decisions on his first contract with the Jets. And in the case of Matt Forte I think he would fill 2 immidiate needs for this team as he is a proven talent and very good catching the ball out of the backfield.

If we are going to draft a RB in the first or second round this year I could be convinced aganist Forte but the Jets dont usually draft skill players in rounds 1 or 2 or even 3 for that matter and that could be a good reason why our skill positons suck .

Gotta love a ground and pound football team that has no money invested in RB's and wont sign O-lineman to improve

Matt Forte was someone I identified right after the season as someone to replace LT, and provide a much more talented option A, with Greene as option B out of the backfield. This move would be great, imo.

Especially if its a sign-and-trade type of deal.

Same here OP this guy IMO would turn this offense around Defenses would have to respect his talent and hes one of the better receiving backs

Rex: You know what player I want right?

Scouts: Of course we do sir.

Rex: Men, there are 3 types of players out there.

Scouts: Yes we know sir.

Rex: You have the ones that get knocked down and stay down.

Scouts: We would never bring you those sir.

Rex: The ones that get knocked down and get up half of the time.

Scouts: No, no, we would never bring you those either sir.

Rex: Then you have ones that get knocked down, and keep getting up, they get knocked down again, but they always get up!

Scouts: Oh yes sir, those, those are the ones we shall get you sir.

Rex: NO! You freaking idiots! I want the guy who keeps knocking everybody down!!!!

Scouts: Oh, we are so sorry sir.

Rex: TANNY! These Jr. accountants are not going to work out!!!!

lol You know, I think that's closer to reality than any of us want to admit.

Statistically we have a guy whose a bottom 5 QB... Our QB need is greeater then 75% of the other teams... An average QB paired with this defense makes us legitimate contenders...

Show me the statistics you used to arrive at this conclusion. Just picked two or three, right?

Sperm obviously some positions need to be filled via FA especially when it comes to the Jets drafting capabilities. Your taking this too literally Im not sure what would have to be done to get a Matt Forte but if the option was a Santonio trade Ill drive the SOB there myself and gladly pay whatever it took .

Once again I dont know all the particulars but a 26 year old RB is not a bad decision and NO I do not believe RB's are a disposable position. Its a very tricky position to evaluate how they may fit on a particular team and how much they actully do for an offense. I think there have been a lot of poor decisions over the years when it comes to this but I do not believe Curtis Martin was one of those Decisions on his first contract with the Jets. And in the case of Matt Forte I think he would fill 2 immidiate needs for this team as he is a proven talent and very good catching the ball out of the backfield.

If we are going to draft a RB in the first or second round this year I could be convinced aganist Forte but the Jets dont usually draft skill players in rounds 1 or 2 or even 3 for that matter and that could be a good reason why our skill positons suck .

Gotta love a ground and pound football team that has no money invested in RB's and wont sign O-lineman to improve

There is and was no possibility of a Santonio Holmes trade after his on-field meltdown and huge guaranteed dollars coming his way. The Jets were wrestling with the decision to outright cut him before another lump sum of guaranteed money kicked in. Personally, I believe if we could have gotten a conditional 7th rounder in 2018 we would have taken it because finding a trade partner was the only way of getting out from under his contract.

I don't know where you came up with the notion that we could trade Holmes for anything at all, let alone something or someone of value. Santonio Holmes has no trade value this season. Write that 100 times on the blackboard or until you accept it.

Giving up a 1st round pick (if that's all it took) for the privilege of getting taken to the cleaners by Matt Forte's agent is not a smart move.

Rushing:-7.1% DVOA (38th), 20 DYAR (38th)

Receiving: 33.1% DVOA (8th), 201 DYAR (2nd)

Rushing:-15.5% DVOA (44th), -75 DYAR (47th)

Receiving: -1.1% DVOA (33rd), 45 DYAR (25th)

Rushing: 0.4% DVOA (20th), 87 DYAR (20th)

Receiving: 14.0% DVOA (22nd), 105 DYAR (12th)

Same here and they are well on their way

If DeCastro is there at 16, it's either one of the top OLBS/DE prospects or him. Anyone else and I'm pissed. Granted you draft DeCastro to play LG but you then have the most dominant left side in football and at least it's easier to isolate the weakness at RT. Slauson is a jag. Yeah yeah god bless him he's cheap and tough and doesn't kill you most of the time, but he doesnt dominate. Maybe you move him to RT under the circumstances. So there' s two upgrades right there.

Rushing:-7.1% DVOA (38th), 20 DYAR (38th)

Receiving: 33.1% DVOA (8th), 201 DYAR (2nd)

Rushing:-15.5% DVOA (44th), -75 DYAR (47th)

Receiving: -1.1% DVOA (33rd), 45 DYAR (25th)

Rushing: 0.4% DVOA (20th), 87 DYAR (20th)

Receiving: 14.0% DVOA (22nd), 105 DYAR (12th)

What does all that mean?

Show me the statistics you used to arrive at this conclusion. Just picked two or three, right?

Every single one that matters?

QBR

YPA

DVOA

DYAR

etc..

Do not question CTM's authority. He is a statesticle geniuzzzz.

Can it knuckledragger

Archived