All you RSN members that thought I was a mumbling, hating fool....

Garb

...bite me. I told you that the Red Sox Ownership were first rate azzholes and third rate clowns. Larry (larry) Lucchino has ruined your beloved team. But gee whiz, the Green Pig (Fenway) is 100 years old! But a brick, fans! Pink hats welcome! Boy, do they especially enjoy robbing the pink hats blind. Enjoy the over-priced tickets for a ridiculously pathetic on-field product. Perhaps it's time to buy tickets to the Liverpool game at Fenway this summah....John (curly) Henry will be thrilled. Tom (Mo) Werner can continue doing,,,,,what does he do? Oh, I know, nothing just like Cherrington does. I'm actually feeling sorry for Valentine. Why boo him? Do people see what he has to work with? Have you seen the bullpen? If Max signed an offer sheet today, he would automatically become the closer. That's how bad it is.

...bite me. I told you that the Red Sox Ownership were first rate azzholes and third rate clowns. Larry (larry) Lucchino has ruined your beloved team. But gee whiz, the Green Pig (Fenway) is 100 years old! But a brick, fans! Pink hats welcome! Boy, do they especially enjoy robbing the pink hats blind. Enjoy the over-priced tickets for a ridiculously pathetic on-field product. Perhaps it's time to buy tickets to the Liverpool game at Fenway this summah....John (curly) Henry will be thrilled. Tom (Mo) Werner can continue doing,,,,,what does he do? Oh, I know, nothing just like Cherrington does. I'm actually feeling sorry for Valentine. Why boo him? Do people see what he has to work with? Have you seen the bullpen? If Max signed an offer sheet today, he would automatically become the closer. That's how bad it is.

Valentine, despite being a hardass, is a very bright guy. He came into a team that had a complacent culture and needed a serious shakeup. The beer&chicken thing was a overwrought excuse to dump a good guy in Francona. But if they didn't want a guy to rock the boat, there was no point in hiring Valentine. They could've kept Francona or got a guy who was more laid back. And it's not anyon'e fault but Cherrignton's that the bullpen is historically bad. The Yanks dumped Ace and Melancon 2 seasons ago. They didn't get better. And Bailey has always been an injury risk.

And the stadium is an overpriced firetrap.Write all the happytalk BS you want. it's now the worst dump in MLB. At least Wrigley is surrounded by a very reasonable bunch of bars.

Valentine, despite being a hardass, is a very bright guy. He came into a team that had a complacent culture and needed a serious shakeup. The beer&chicken thing was a overwrought excuse to dump a good guy in Francona. But if they didn't want a guy to rock the boat, there was no point in hiring Valentine. They could've kept Francona or got a guy who was more laid back. And it's not anyon'e fault but Cherrignton's that the bullpen is historically bad. The Yanks dumped Ace and Melancon 2 seasons ago. They didn't get better. And Bailey has always been an injury risk.

And the stadium is an overpriced firetrap.Write all the happytalk BS you want. it's now the worst dump in MLB. At least Wrigley is surrounded by a very reasonable bunch of bars.

I can agree to this up until a certain point.

He did not sign Lackey (15m), Crawford (19.5m), Jenks (6m) or Dice-K(10m). That is over 50 million in contracts that have done little to nothing in contributions as Sox.

The Sox are likely against their 'cap' at 173 million. Yeah, outside of Bailey, he did not bring anything worth a crap, but he probably did not have much money to spend.

Sox were murdered by injuries. I think the pen gets better and the Sox manage to contend.

After last night’s 1-0 win over the White Sox, the Red Sox bullpen has allowed only a single run and just 10 hits over its combined 152⁄3 innings of work in the first six games of this road trip for a 0.57 ERA.

Unless Aceves shows to be a guy who has stage fright against the Yankees, he appears to be fine with nasty, nasty stuff and a heater that was consistently hitting 97 last night.

Rich Hill is finally healthy. Same for Tazawa who has not allowed a earned run to date. Aaron Cook may be called up for even more bullpen/spot starter depth. Bard looks like a capable SP.

Sox need Ellsbury to get healthy and Buchholtz to regain his form but regardless appear to be good enough to contend given the fact that the Yanks SP took a bit of a hit while facing the better offenses in the AL.

A lot has changed in one week. The Mets are 12-9 to boot.

Archived