Rex - sees the next Ray Lewis in Jets draftee.

PatriotReign37

So, the Jets have added a rah-rah guy on offense and defense. This can go one of two ways.

Sometimes, guys like Tebow, and apparently Davis, annoy the piss out of veteran players, and the team becomes divided between the nerds and the jocks. Winning games under this scenario would prove difficult.

Or, everyone could buy in, show up early, stay late, unite, and become a great team. When everyone has the same goal, winning becomes much easier.

Will the cheerful, upbeat newcomers gain support from me-first guys? It seems Rex and Tanny are hitching their wagons to Jesus.

Then they should be happy to hear that Coples is also a stand up Christian..

Love the offseasons..

How many SB's will rex guarentee given this haul?

I like his guarantees. It gives us something to aim for. It beats having our season considered a success or not by whether we split the rivalry games with the Pats or not. I think Rex will go down as the best coach this organization ever hired.

I listened to the pressconference and Rex did not compare the 2 players at all. All Rex said was he remembered Lewis being a leader from the get go as early as his rookie year and this kid shows the same qualities. He even went as far to say he was not trying to compare the level of leadership just the same type of attitude.

So no Rex does NOT see the Next Ray Lewis as your title may suggest. You applying for the next Jets beat writer job ? because you have all the prereq's

Heres the link to the Jets official site that has the video http://www.newyorkjets.com/

Not sure how that's a valid comparison of the two if Rex did indeed say that since he wasn't the Ravens DL coach until Lewis' 4th season :confused:

Not sure how that's a valid comparison of the two if Rex did indeed say that since he wasn't the Ravens DL coach until Lewis' 4th season :confused:

Rex was on the Ravens staff in Lewis' 2nd year. He said in during the press conference that the coaching staff told him about Lewis being a leader from day one, and then he said that Ray was the obvious leader of the team when he arrived in year two of Lewis' career.

Edit: The above is based on Rex's press conference only. I have no facts to back it up.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/54-Coach-Ryan-Minicamp-News-Conference/d4e4bcd0-15d5-4a34-9064-0bd5de020f60

(At About 12mins 30secs in)

Rex was on the Ravens staff in Lewis' 2nd year. He said in during the press conference that the coaching staff told him about Lewis being a leader from day one, and then he said that Ray was the obvious leader of the team when he arrived in year two of Lewis' career.

Edit: The above is based on Rex's press conference only. I have no facts to back it up.

http://www.newyorkje...64-0bd5de020f60

(At About 12mins 30secs in)

Here's the facts (taken from Rex's bio on the Jets official site):

"1999: Joined Brian Billick's staff. ... Ravens were second in the NFL in overall defense, second against the rush."

Seeing that Ray's rookie season was 1996, 1999 would have made it his 4th season ('96, '97, '98, '99). I didn't see/ hear the presser, but if Rex did say what u say he said, then this lard-laden buffoon is either A: stupider than he lets on, or B: is full of more bullsh!t than I thought.

1996-1998: Rex was coaching in the college ranks, first with U-Cincy, then with Oklahoma.

Here's the facts (taken from Rex's bio on the Jets official site):

"1999: Joined Brian Billick's staff. ... Ravens were second in the NFL in overall defense, second against the rush."

Seeing that Ray's rookie season was 1996, 1999 would have made it his 4th season ('96, '97, '98, '99). I didn't see/ hear the presser, but if Rex did say what u say he said, then this lard-laden buffoon is either A: stupider than he lets on, or B: is full of more bullsh!t than I thought.

1996-1998: Rex was coaching in the college ranks, first with U-Cincy, then with Oklahoma.

No doubt, I think he was Kansas State's DC after OU too. Like I said, just repeating what Rex said. Regardless, his statements about Davis are great! I highly recommend watching the presser to see Rex light up when he talks about Davis. (Around 12:30 on the timeline) You can tell Rex believes in this kid.

No doubt, I think he was Kansas State's DC after OU too. Like I said, just repeating what Rex said. Regardless, his statements about Davis are great! I highly recommend watching the presser to see Rex light up when he talks about Davis. (Around 12:30 on the timeline) You can tell Rex believes in this kid.

Just watched it and yeah he does seem genuinely happy with him - though do I tend to fall into the "take what Rex says with a grain of (non-sodium, gotta be heart smart) salt" crowd :^o

Archived