Training camp...Monday

Maxman

Hopefully Otah will get on the field . Davis needs the reps as a rookie too losing valuable learning time.

Agreed. And meanwhile, the Jets already have a warm spot ready for White on the practice squad... or the IR.

As soon as I posted that, I found this...

BREAKING: Demario Davis, Jordan White, And Terrance Campbell Off Jets PUP List

Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:23 am by Alan Schechter Jets

Some very good news out of Jets camp this morning.

The team has announced that rookies Demario Davis, Jordan White, and Terrance Campbell have been removed from the PUP list, and cleared to play.

Jordan White will compete for time at wide receiver, coming off of his broken foot. Campbell is looking to add depth to the offensive line, and we have talked at length about what is expected from Demario Davis in year one, so this is very huge news.

Like what you see and read? Please follow us on Twitter @thejetpress, and follow us on Facebook...

Based on his college production alone, I'm really anxious to see what Jordan White can do. I don't watch college football (although when I do, it's Penn State, fml)

Given the troubles that Kerley seems to be having early in camp, do any of you see this kid getting a shot to play in the slot? It seems to be his natural fit.

As soon as I posted that, I found this...

BREAKING: Demario Davis, Jordan White, And Terrance Campbell Off Jets PUP List

Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:23 am by Alan Schechter Jets

Some very good news out of Jets camp this morning.

The team has announced that rookies Demario Davis, Jordan White, and Terrance Campbell have been removed from the PUP list, and cleared to play.

Jordan White will compete for time at wide receiver, coming off of his broken foot. Campbell is looking to add depth to the offensive line, and we have talked at length about what is expected from Demario Davis in year one, so this is very huge news.

Like what you see and read? Please follow us on Twitter @thejetpress, and follow us on Facebook...

Great to hear, particularly regarding Davis who will likely be leading the 2nd team defense while getting some reps in with the first teamers as time goes on. Sounds like the Jets are in pretty good shape at the moment outside of Otah.

Based on his college production alone, I'm really anxious to see what Jordan White can do. I don't watch college football (although when I do, it's Penn State, fml)

Given the troubles that Kerley seems to be having early in camp, do any of you see this kid getting a shot to play in the slot? It seems to be his natural fit.

I think it would take a lot for White to pass Kerley. I'd guess Kerley would really need to continue to struggle through the entirety of camp and preseason for there to even be a shot. Consider Kerley had quite a good rookie season for a 5th rounder, and by year's end was one of Sanchez's favorite targets. That alone is going to give him some serious breathing room.

I think it would take a lot for White to pass Kerley. I'd guess Kerley would really need to continue to struggle through the entirety of camp and preseason for there to even be a shot. Consider Kerley had quite a good rookie season for a 5th rounder, and by year's end was one of Sanchez's favorite targets. That alone is going to give him some serious breathing room.

Really excited about Kerley, despite Rex's comments. I see him being a Davone Bess like option in this offense.

Backs are supposedly getting blown up in pass pro. If there's one thing that'll keep McKnight and Powell off the field, it's that.

Perhaps. SG isn't the best pass protector either, despite being the perfect size to step up and lay a block. Hopefully he improves in that area. It would also not shock me if Ganway was the #3 RB and Powell was cut outright in favor of keeping Conner.

Backs are supposedly getting blown up in pass pro. If there's one thing that'll keep McKnight and Powell off the field, it's that.

Good ability for a 3rd down back to have. Could be a deciding factor between McKnight and Powell.

Perhaps. SG isn't the best pass protector either, despite being the perfect size to step up and lay a block. Hopefully he improves in that area. It would also not shock me if Ganway was the #3 RB and Powell was cut outright in favor of keeping Conner.

Word is, Powell has been turning heads. I was really high on this guy coming out of Louisville...honestly think he might be the best back on the team. We shall find out I guess.

My guess, is they keep Greene, McKnight and Powell....Ganaway to PS and Conner stays on the squad as the FB. They carry 4 backs, only 3 a game.

Word is, Powell has been turning heads. I was really high on this guy coming out of Louisville...honestly think he might be the best back on the team. We shall find out I guess.

My guess, is they keep Greene, McKnight and Powell....Ganaway to PS and Conner stays on the squad as the FB. They carry 4 backs, only 3 a game.

Lol I'm wary of what one report says after 3 days of practice. Powell was absolutely woeful when he got the ball last season. I'm excited to see what Ganaway has.

Really excited about Kerley, despite Rex's comments. I see him being a Davone Bess like option in this offense.

Agreed and I think the fact that Rex was so quick to make those comments shows that his expectations for Kerley are a lot higher and he sees some serious potential there. Rex isn't the type of guy who says that if not for that being the case.

While it's certainly possible, I do find it interesting how quick people are to assume that one of these guys is going to be a goner. The Jets have shown very little issue with carrying 5 RBs on this team, having done it in both of the past two years. The logic in prior years typically seemed to be that the Jets already knew one of the guys was a goner after the season, so they let his heir apparent sit on the bench for the year. First it was Conner behind Richardson, then McKnight/Powell behind LT last year. I truly expect the Jets' to run Greene's ass into the ground this year and then gladly let him walk (barring a huge breakout season), while getting Ganaway ready to step in as next year's power back. If they think there's any shot another team would be interested in prying him off their practice squad, I don't think they'll risk it. The Jets PS seemed to be everyone's favorite place to shop for RBs in past years (Ward, Woodhead, Ware), and don't think that doesn't have some influence on their willingness to carry 5 RBs.

Lol I'm wary of what one report says after 3 days of practice. Powell was absolutely woeful when he got the ball last season. I'm excited to see what Ganaway has.

While I agree you don't want to rush into any decisions based on a few practices, it's also a bit excessive the number of people who wrote him off completely on the basis of 13 carries last year. I hardly wanted the Jets relying on him being a major factor this year, but if continues to show promise in camp and preseason, then by all means let the kid play.

This is Powell's first NFL training camp. He had no chance at all last season buried 4th on the depth chart in a lockout year. I still think he's a significantly better prospect than Ganaway, and I'd rather have a feature back who can catch the ball. Barring injury to Greene, I can't see Ganaway seeing the field this year - except for maybe 13 disappointing carries.

Fair enough. But this is a camp report thread, no?

And if you can write off Powell after 13 carries last season, cool. I'm all for giving someone an honest shot.

Good ability for a 3rd down back to have. Could be a deciding factor between McKnight and Powell.

The caveat is that they have a bunch of 215 lb backs trying to block 270 lb OLB's. I remember being at camp watching then-rookie Shonn Greene practically get killed by BLT in a pass pro drill. It's pretty brutal.

Based on his college production alone,

I'm really anxious to see what Jordan White can do.

I don't watch college football (although when I do, it's Penn State, fml)

Given the troubles that Kerley seems to be having early in camp,

do any of you see this kid getting a shot to play in the slot? It seems to be his natural fit.

It's a good thing that his name is not Tebow, otherwise what he did in College wouldn't count for a thing..... :winking0001:

It's a good thing that his name is not Tebow, otherwise what he did in College wouldn't count for a thing.....

Congratulations, you're the only person on this board stupid enough to think there is no difference between discussing the college production of a rookie 3 days into his first mini-camp and a third year pro. I assure you people won't give a crap what Jordan White did in college if some dipsh*t is trying to use it as an excuse to justify why he doesn't suck three years into his sh*tty NFL career. Now get the **** out of here and keep your Tebow verbal diarrhea from spilling over into every single thread.

Congratulations, you're the only person on this board stupid enough to think there is no difference between discussing the college production of a rookie 3 days into his first mini-camp and a third year pro. I assure you people won't give a crap what Jordan White did in college if some dipsh*t is trying to use it as an excuse to justify why he doesn't suck three years into his sh*tty NFL career. Now get the **** out of here and keep your Tebow verbal diarrhea from spilling over into every single thread.

On that note, I am seriously hoping to see a lot of Powell and Ganaway in the preseason. One of them may be the x factor this year as far as the RBs go. I'm legtitimately excited to see Mcnight coming off of last season's flashes as well. He's more of a serious consideration for more playing time this year and could really push Greene for the lion's share of the work load. There's a lot of question marks with this group, but a lot of potential as well.

On that note, I am seriously hoping to see a lot of Powell and Ganaway in the preseason. One of them may be the x factor this year as far as the RBs go. I'm legtitimately excited to see Mcnight coming off of last season's flashes as well. He's more of a serious consideration for more playing time this year and could really push Greene for the lion's share of the work load. There's a lot of question marks with this group, but a lot of potential as well.

Agreed, while it's still early in camp, the positive reports coming back on Powell are definitely very good to be hearing, especially since it's apparently been enough for him to reportedly already be getting worked into some reps with the 1s. McKnight I think has shown enough to be considered a solid backup option at this point and has the ability to take on the primary receiving role at RB, and hopefully even more than that. Ganaway I really don't expect to see a whole lot out of for a variety of reasons, the first being he's coming into a crowded (although largely unproven) backfield. Beyond that, the Jets in recent years seem to like to keep their RBs on the bench for a year for whatever reason, although it's always possible that was more of a Schotty thing that won't continue on. But lastly, I really do believe the Jets are going to this year take the route of having their contract-year RB, running him into the ground and then waving goodbye at the end of the season. So if Greene stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd prefer to give him the whole load of the power back role and then wait to pass it onto Ganaway next year.

Hopefully Otah will get on the field . Davis needs the reps as a rookie too losing valuable learning time.

Yeah, Davis being out is a bummer. He has a chance to have significant impact this year and I hate to see his progress slip with missed time.

Agreed, while it's still early in camp, the positive reports coming back on Powell are definitely very good to be hearing, especially since it's apparently been enough for him to reportedly already be getting worked into some reps with the 1s. McKnight I think has shown enough to be considered a solid backup option at this point and has the ability to take on the primary receiving role at RB, and hopefully even more than that. Ganaway I really don't expect to see a whole lot out of for a variety of reasons, the first being he's coming into a crowded (although largely unproven) backfield. Beyond that, the Jets in recent years seem to like to keep their RBs on the bench for a year for whatever reason, although it's always possible that was more of a Schotty thing that won't continue on. But lastly, I really do believe the Jets are going to this year take the route of having their contract-year RB, running him into the ground and then waving goodbye at the end of the season. So if Greene stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd prefer to give him the whole load of the power back role and then wait to pass it onto Ganaway next year.

That would be fine by me. That would mean that Greene is having a productive season therefore leading me to think the G&P system is working. I don't really care what Greene's actual numbers are, but more importantly when and how is he getting his yards. Very little bothers me more than players who shrink when the heat is on. Greene has shown flashes of being a big game closer before and I am hoping this year brings that back. I love contract years. People play harder that year and we could really use some hard balls to the wall running by Greene.

Only potential difficulty I see with that scenario you brought up is if they are running Greene to death, which I hope they do, that means it's working. If it's working, they are going to be tempted to offer him a new contract. I don't know if that's what I feel is best for us long term.

COnsidering this season though, I hope Greene, Mcnight, and powell are effective.

Congrats, you're not the only football genius that thinks that:

1st year - No 1st team reps, bench for 13 games, 3 starts.

Lockout Offseason and a new HBC.

2nd year - No 1st team reps, bench for 5 games, trade away the Top 2 WR, 1st Rnd receiving RB injured out, then 11 starts.

Traded

3rd training camp and still little to no 1st team reps with a new HBC and OC and system.

Makes a 16 start QB a 3rd year QB like 8-8 no playoff Mark was last season.

But the 1st guy still beats the 2nd guy and takes his otherwise 4-14 team to the Playoffs and beats the Steelers.

Every advantage starter Mark has averaged a 9-7 season in his 3 years.

ZERO freakin' advantage, with many disadvantages Tim is 9-7 in his first 16 NFL starts.

But I'm the one that's clueless? ROTF-LMFAO.....

PS

Bite me.

Congrats, you're not the only football genius that thinks that:

1st year - No 1st team reps, bench for 13 games, 3 starts.

Lockout Offseason and a new HBC.

2nd year - No 1st team reps, bench for 5 games, trade away the Top 2 WR, 1st Rnd receiving RB injured out, then 11 starts.

Traded

3rd training camp and still little to no 1st team reps with a new HBC and OC and system.

Makes a 16 start QB a 3rd year QB like 8-8 no playoff Mark was last season.

But the 1st guy still beats the 2nd guy and takes his otherwise 4-14 team to the Playoffs and beats the Steelers.

Every advantage starter Mark has averaged a 9-7 season in his 3 years.

ZERO freakin' advantage, with many disadvantages Tim is 9-7 in his first 16 NFL starts.

But I'm the one that's clueless? ROTF-LMFAO.....

PS

Bite me.

You do realize none of this is anything that even slightly begins to prove that Tebow is any good, right? All you've really provided here is a list of nonsensical excuses as to why it's supposedly not his fault that he absolutely sucks at playing QB, while blatantly ignoring numerous points that have been made to show the giant gaping holes in your argument. Your cries of Sanchez allegedly having every advantage and Tebow having "ZERO" could not possibly be more unfounded, which isn't even considering the fact that trying to use Sanchez as your point of comparison to somehow prove Tebow doesn't suck, when Sanchez himself sucks and yet is still leaps and bounds better than Tebow, is outright laughable.

The fact that you need to provide pretext for every statistic you post proves how little merit they truly have, and that's only further supported by the ridiculous extent you cherry-pick the statistics you use, both in the manner you ignore every statistical category that hurts your case, while also altering the criteria for the basis of the statistics to be completely different for each player in order to warp them in a way that you feel best justifies your contrived position.

Ah crap, I didn't realize what thread this was when I replied. I just saw the reply from him when I logged in, and responded without even checking the thread, otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered. My apologies to everyone for letting this little sh*t-stain drive me to respond to his idiocy in another, completely unrelated thread.

Archived