Real thoughts on Tim Tebow -

courtnj18

Max after reading the moronic posts in this thread, I believe it imperative that an IQ test be a prequisite to membership in this forum.

Instead of making a vague statement why don't you point out the responses you disagree with ... just sayin'

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The locker room outside of Keller has zero use or respect for Mark Sanchez.

So thats why Nick Mangold, DBrick and Holmes went to bat for him when Tebow was picked up? :deshade:

Anyway, I didnt like the Tebow move regarding him being our #2. I do like that we picked him up though, he does add another dimension. My problem is that if Sanchez gets hurt that means Tebow is the starter. Im not a supporter of that because I dont believe that he's an actual QB. Call me crazy.

So thats why Nick Mangold, DBrick and Holmes went to bat for him when Tebow was picked up? :deshade:

Anyway, I didnt like the Tebow move regarding him being our #2. I do like that we picked him up though, he does add another dimension. My problem is that if Sanchez gets hurt that means Tebow is the starter. Im not a supporter of that because I dont believe that he's an actual QB. Call me crazy.

Gets too many yards running, throws the ball down the field too much, is too much of a leader and doesn't turn the ball over enough for ya, huh?

Gets too many yards running, throws the ball down the field too much, is too much of a leader and doesn't turn the ball over enough for ya, huh?

You do realize that saying the same senseless thing over and over again does not make it true, right?

GLASS HOUSE ALERT!

Been trying to get that through to you, yet you insist on hating even though when you get your points corrected you disregard it.

\\

To each his own I guess. We'll see come reg. season.

What points have you ever corrected? The fact that Sanchez took us to the championship twice in a row?

You know, even if Sanchez does turn it around, your arguments TODAY still make no sense. You might as well be defending David Carr or any number of sh*tty QB's that were horrible for their first two or three years and became footnotes. The only difference is that Sanchez played with a great defense AND had a good running game which has bought him way more time than any of those other non-entities got and more than he deserves. The only year he didn't was last year and his ineptitude did NO ONE any favors, be it his running backs, his offensive line OR his defense that were on the field more quickly than any other in the league last year and almost TWICE a game were on the field after a turnover by your hero.

GLASS HOUSE ALERT!

Tell me one thing I said that was not rooted in fact and I will shut up.

The Lives of John Lennon is a great book by the way. Have you read it? Love Albert Goldman.

I have never said that Tim Tebow was a great or even a good quarterback. My overriding point is that Sanchez is not appreciably better than him, if he's better at all. Unless, of course, you are employing your obvious eagle eye for talent evaluation that has every franchise in the NFL calling you for advice, then Sanchez is head and shoulders above Tebow. It's not even close.

What points have you ever corrected? The fact that Sanchez took us to the championship twice in a row?

You know, even if Sanchez does turn it around, your arguments TODAY still make no sense. You might as well be defending David Carr or any number of sh*tty QB's that were horrible for their first two or three years and became footnotes. The only difference is that Sanchez played with a great defense AND had a good running game which has bought him way more time than any of those other non-entities got and more than he deserves. The only year he didn't was last year and his ineptitude did NO ONE any favors, be it his running backs, his offensive line OR his defense that were on the field more quickly than any other in the league last year and almost TWICE a game were on the field after a turnover by your hero.

Im not going through this with you again. TL;DR

Tell me one thing I said that was not rooted in fact and I will shut up.

The Lives of John Lennon is a great book by the way. Have you read it? Love Albert Goldman.

I have never said that Tim Tebow was a great or even a good quarterback. My overriding point is that Sanchez is not appreciably better than him, if he's better at all. Unless, of course, you are employing your obvious eagle eye for talent evaluation that has every franchise in the NFL calling you for advice, then Sanchez is head and shoulders above Tebow. It's not even close.

I agree. I think neither is a starting caliber-NFL QB that a team can consistently win with because neither one of them can read NFL defenses, and without being able to do that, neither is going to succeed. That's the one thing that each and every successful NFL QB has to be able to do.

Sanchez will look pretty while throwing but be ineffective. Tebow will be exciting while running but still be ineffective. He'll also look ugly as sin when passing, and his charisma still only going to get him so far.

I agree. I think neither is a starting caliber-NFL QB that a team can consistently win with because neither one of them can read NFL defenses, and without being able to do that, neither is going to succeed. That's the one thing that each and every successful NFL QB has to be able to do.

keanu-mind-blown.jpg

Sanchez will look pretty while throwing but be ineffective. Tebow will be exciting while running but still be ineffective. He'll also look ugly as sin when passing, and his charisma still only going to get him so far.

Do you think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a starting caliber NFL QB that a team can consistently win with? I'd like to get a baseline on your opinion before I chime in. Thanks.

And what about Ryan "I led the NFL in interceptions and my contract now hangs like an albatross around the neck of the Buffalo Bills organization" Fitzpatrick?

Does Tim Tebow make this team better? The answer is yes.

The media hype is what it is. The Jets wanted that for better or worse. They want to sell tickets and jerseys, I really believe that is the primary driver for bringing him here. That said, he makes this team better. He is replacing Mark Brunell as the backup QB.

So the question really is, is Tim Tebow better than Mark Brunell? The answer is yes.

He can help them in running situations. He will help them on special teams. And he provides depth.

The media circus is what it is, people wanting him to start is not going to change any of that. Mark Sanchez is the QB and injuries aside, that is simply not going to change. So I will be rooting for both of them because he does make this team better.

Excellent point....anyone who doesn't see the value of Tebow on this team is not looking at the bigger picture. And by the way Elway backstabbed this kid even when he was in the process of winning 6 or 7 games in a row and taking them to the playoffs....what does that tell you. F the haters. Lets go Jets, Lets go Sanchez and Lets go Tebow!

I feel like this is appropriate:

gallery_5331_44_744845.jpg

I could care less. And I don't care how we win as long as we win and are in the playoffs thats what matters, not all the hating that's going on around here on this kid. If we win because of Sanchez thats great, if we win because of Tebow thats great. Come On man!

Do you think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a starting caliber NFL QB that a team can consistently win with? I'd like to get a baseline on your opinion before I chime in. Thanks.

Well does he have to judge Fitzpatrick on the basis of an entire NFL season, or can he base it just on September?

Excellent point....anyone who doesn't see the value of Tebow on this team is not looking at the bigger picture. And by the way Elway backstabbed this kid even when he was in the process of winning 6 or 7 games in a row and taking them to the playoffs....what does that tell you. F the haters. Lets go Jets, Lets go Sanchez and Lets go Tebow!

Or, they simply think he is a really awful QB (you know, that position he's supposed to play), don't believe in the overall merits of a gimmick offense, and think his presence on this team is nowhere near worth the trouble it brings with it.

Or, they simply think he is a really awful QB (you know, that position he's supposed to play), don't believe in the overall merits of a gimmick offense, and think his presence on this team is nowhere near worth the trouble it brings with it.

I think a guy who takes an underacheiving team to the playoffs and makes things happen is the guy I want on my team PERIOD. And all the while listening to the scumbag Elway berate his abilities during the season no less is a real joke and classless. Give the kid a chance.

I think a guy who takes an underacheiving team to the playoffs and makes things happen is the guy I want on my team PERIOD. And all the while listening to the scumbag Elway berate his abilities during the season no less is a real joke and classless. Give the kid a chance.

Elway's opinions don't really mean anything to me one way or the other.

I simply disagree with the entirety of the premise of what Tebow is and has done, and feel he is given far too much credit for the "success" of a team who's record was identical to that of the Jets team who so many act as if they just had the league's worst season, and that's even despite the Jets complete implosion at the end of the season. The Broncos have to thank their playoff appearance solely on that joke of a division they play in and winning some tiebreakers. Not to mention, we saw Tebow finish his season last year by having 3 of his last 4 games being embarrassingly horrible displays against 2 of the Jets division rivals. I'd be more than glad to be wrong about him, but there's nothing I've seen out of him on the football field that gives me a whole ton of optimism, and it has nothing to do with the lack of seeing the picture and everything to do with the fact that I don't think he's any good.

I simply disagree with the entirety of the premise of what Tebow is and has done, and feel he is given far too much credit for the "success" of a team who's record was identical to that of the Jets team who so many act as if they just had the league's worst season, and that's even despite the Jets complete implosion at the end of the season. The Broncos have to thank their playoff appearance solely on that joke of a division they play in and winning some tiebreakers. Not to mention, we saw Tebow finish his season last year by having 3 of his last 4 games being embarrassingly horrible displays against 2 of the Jets division rivals. I'd be more than glad to be wrong about him, but there's nothing I've seen out of him on the football field that gives me a whole ton of optimism, and it has nothing to do with the lack of seeing the picture and everything to do with the fact that I don't think he's any good.

Lets wait and see....in any case Sanchez better be ready to perform.

The QB usually gets too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses.

For as bad as Sanchez was the final 3 games Tebow had just as bad stretch and if not worse. The Pittsburgh playoff game saved him. If it wasn't for some of the most circustances (Marion Barber running OB in the Chicago game, Leonhard missing a sure safety, etc) Denver has no business in the playoffs.

The last thing IMO the Jets needed after a meltdown like they had in 2011 was to bring the Tebow circus into town. I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this, cause the moment the Jets lose a game (which could be week 1, most likely week 2) or the offense starts to bog down the media, fans and probably some "anonymous Jet" will be calling for Tebow to be the starter.

You know Rex could very easily put an end to this by just saying "The only way Tebow is going to see time at QB other than the Wildcat is if Sanchez AND McElroy are hurt"

All Tebow is doing is making this team more of a circus than it already is.

The QB usually gets too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses.

For as bad as Sanchez was the final 3 games Tebow had just as bad stretch and if not worse. The Pittsburgh playoff game saved him. If it wasn't for some of the most circustances (Marion Barber running OB in the Chicago game, Leonhard missing a sure safety, etc) Denver has no business in the playoffs.

The last thing IMO the Jets needed after a meltdown like they had in 2011 was to bring the Tebow circus into town. I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this, cause the moment the Jets lose a game (which could be week 1, most likely week 2) or the offense starts to bog down the media, fans and probably some "anonymous Jet" will be calling for Tebow to be the starter.

You know Rex could very easily put an end to this by just saying "The only way Tebow is going to see time at QB other than the Wildcat is if Sanchez AND McElroy are hurt"

All Tebow is doing is making this team more of a circus than it already is.

Tebow isn't making the circus, it was already made......that was done by Rex!

Archived