has Plax been signed by anyone yet?

Blackout

I'm pretty surprised he hasnt been picked up yet. He's slow as sh*t now, but he cant still go up and get the ball.

agreed! we should sign him IMO

Who gives a flying sh*t?

I do, but thanks for the thought provoking response.

I say our offense is pathetic if we need CROMARTE to be a part of it...how CAN'T he help us out?

he'd also be familiar with us as he was on the team last season. now can he coincide with Sanchez? I bet so.

I'm pretty surprised he hasnt been picked up yet. He's slow as sh*t now, but he cant still go up and get the ball.

Which makes you think, even as big of a douche as Holmes is, it almost seems like a lot of teams are pegging Plax as the Jets' real problem from last year, and want nothing to do with him. He's not the talent he once was, but he's still better than plenty of receivers out there and was clearly a big help for the Jets red zone offense. The fact that there were multiple teams willing to give him a shot last year and yet after a decent enough season on a sh*tty offense, nobody wants a thing to do with him, it's not saying much for what teams must think about him.

I say our offense is pathetic if we need CROMARTE to be a part of it...how CAN'T he help us out?

By being older and slower than last year.

By taking the roster spot of a promising developmental player - who do you cut for Plaxico? White or Schilens?

And perhaps most importantly, by being the catalyst for locker room dissension the second year in a row. At this point, the Jets would only be looking to add him for the redzone package, which would give him a lot of time on the bench to bitch about everything to anyone.

agreed! we should sign him IMO

I do, but thanks for the thought provoking response.

he'd also be familiar with us as he was on the team last season. now can he coincide with Sanchez? I bet so.

IMO, if it's between Cromartie and Burress, I'd go with Cromartie myself.

WRs are supposed to have some speed, and Burress has none. I recall somebody on TV last year calling him the slowest NFL WR they'd ever seen. That was kinda borne out by the fact that he was effective almost solely in the red zone where speed isn't particularly necessary.

The Jets would probably be better served looking elsewhere, like in the guys cut late by other teams, than chasing after Burress.

Which makes you think, even as big of a douche as Holmes is, it almost seems like a lot of teams are pegging Plax as the Jets' real problem from last year, and want nothing to do with him. He's not the talent he once was, but he's still better than plenty of receivers out there and was clearly a big help for the Jets red zone offense. The fact that there were multiple teams willing to give him a shot last year and yet after a decent enough season on a sh*tty offense, nobody wants a thing to do with him, it's not saying much for what teams must think about him.

The fact that Philly wanted nothing to do with him when Cooper went down is enough for me. Especially given that McNutt blows and he's butt buddies with Vick.

Players talk GM's talk this guy has to be a locker room cancer probably more than we realize. He could be a good situational WR in the redzone for a lot of teams and no one wants him at all.

Archived