Injury Update 8/15: Po’uha, Holmes, Hunter, Schilens

JetNation

Defensive linemen Sione Po’uha is going to miss the remainder of the preseason with a lower back problem.  Po’uha was absent from practice yesterday for an examination on his back but an MRI showed no structural damage.  While needing time away from practice the Jets and Po’uha believe he will be available for opening day.

WR Santonio Holmes did not attend practice today staying inside to receive treatment on his bruised ribs but apparently he was suffering from back stiffness as well.

Looks like RT Wayne Hunter will be back from injury and play on Saturday against the Giants while WR Chaz Schilens, who missed practice today, is unlikely to be available.

di
di

rDOYZN6fnSc

View the full article

I think Holmes is just being a diva

Really?

The initial report was that Cromartie broke one of his ribs. It's not that bad, thankfully, but bruised ribs is a painful injury. Favoring bruised ribs can easily lead to back issues. I know we're supposed to hate him, but I'm pretty confident this injury is legit.

Really?

The initial report was that Cromartie broke one of his ribs. It's not that bad, thankfully, but bruised ribs is a painful injury. Favoring bruised ribs can easily lead to back issues. I know we're supposed to hate him, but I'm pretty confident this injury is legit.

It was a pretty awkward hit. Holmes caught it, turned upfield, and Cro popped him pretty good up high. Still, he had soft tissue soreness which kept him out of practice before that, and now he has a back issue. I'm sure he's uncomfortable, but he's gonna be out six weeks when it's all said and done without incurring an actual injury.

It was a pretty awkward hit. Holmes caught it, turned upfield, and Cro popped him pretty good up high. Still, he had soft tissue soreness which kept him out of practice before that, and now he has a back issue. I'm sure he's uncomfortable, but he's gonna be out six weeks when it's all said and done without incurring an actual injury.

I hope he gets back to practice soon, but if I were the coach, I'd keep him out of the rest of the preseason.

I hope he gets back to practice soon, but if I were the coach, I'd keep him out of the rest of the preseason.

If it were week 13 and we were in a playoff push, sure. Holding him out of camp/preseason for soreness...well Rex is just setting himself up for the inevitable. Guys like Holmes have zero problem waling all over you given the opportunity. Its a joke.

allen-iverson-practice.jpg

Try running feel speed and taking deep breathes with one. YIKES!! Get well Santonio.

Exactly. That sh*t hurts no matter what you do. There is no comfortable way to sit, lay or stand. Any little movement triggers it. Sucks. Some of the worst discomfort in my life came from when I bruised a couple ribs.

Exactly. That sh*t hurts no matter what you do. There is no comfortable way to sit, lay or stand. Any little movement triggers it. Sucks. Some of the worst discomfort in my life came from when I bruised a couple ribs.

Yeah but you pinned Hulk Hogan!

My Dad broke 3 on one side and 5 on the other bout a year ago falling off a horse onto a split rail fence/. Dude would almost pass out from the pain just from laughing. needless to say my mom wouldn;t let me call him on the phone for awhile. LOL

We're supposed to like him?

Guy's a jerk, doesn't mean he's lying about his injury. Two different things.

Saw on twitter that he's catching passes in practice today while Kerley and Schilens ride bikes, fwiw.

When is it safe to start wondering if Holmes is malingering a bit here? Guy is gonna miss the whole preseason for varied soreness.

When is it safe to start wondering if Pouha is maligering a bit here? Guy is gonna miss the whole preseason for varied soreness.

Archived