Fights at Pats camp OMG!!!

GREENBEAN

Wait... there are fights somewhere other than at Jets camp? This just can't be. And what??? Bill made them run laps? What is this?? PAL football????

Bill Belichick kicks out two Patriots for fighting

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League editor
  • Published: Aug. 16, 2012 at 03:58 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 16, 2012 at 04:48 p.m.

Early in training camp, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick forced his team to run laps after a particularly annoying series of fights. We haven't heard of too many problems in Patriots camp since then ... until Thursday.

0ap2000000047107.jpg

Wide receiver Julian Edelman and linebacker Niko Koutouvides threw down at practice Thursday and Belichick promptly tossed them out.

It's fair to wonder how much coaches really mind camp fights. It's part of August, but there's a line where it crosses towards getting in the team's way. It's fair to say Belichick thought that line was crossed Thursday and didn't waste time letting his players know.

Is Mike Lupica going to write and arrogantly douchy column about how Belichick has lost complete control of his team?

Is Mike Lupica going to write and arrogantly douchy column about how Belichick has lost complete control of his team?

If I were betting, which I'm not because I'm a compulsive gambler, I'd say no. What are the odds on it anyway... just out of curiosity? :D

Archived