The circus is in town

stoicsentry

http://espn.go.com/n...l_ob_ny_ban_lnk

New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin said he will look into an Internet video in which defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul dumps Prince Amukamara into an ice tub in what appeared to be a prank played on the cornerback.

The video, which was tweeted by punter Steve Weatherford and contains harsh language, shows several Giants players following Pierre-Paul, who carried Amukamara on his shoulder to the area where players ice down in tubs.

Pierre-Paul then throws Amukamara head-first into the tub, which appeared to be made of plastic or rubber. Amukamara, who didn't put up a struggle while on Pierre-Paul's shoulder, appears upset after emerging from the tub. Pierre-Paul then curses and uses insensitive language before high-fiving a teammate as he makes it sound as if he was putting Amukamara in his place with the hijink.

Coughlin did not sound thrilled to learn of the video.

"I'm learning about that today," Coughlin said in a conference call with reporters Sunday afternoon. "I really didn't have any information about that until maybe an hour before this conference call. I am going to look into it and talk to the parties involved.

"There may have ... as I'm understanding it, there were some parts of it that were inappropriate. In no way is anything that occurs within this family or within our group should that be a part of any social media aspect. So I am going to address that strongly because I spent a little time on that this preseason. I will look into that further."

Weatherford apologized for posting the video via his Twitter account Sunday.

"I want to apologize to the fans... The video I posted was distasteful," Weatherford tweeted. "Our team is a family, and we love each other. I am sorry to the fans."

Amukamara, 23, was the subject of rookie hazing last season, including having his tie and dress shirt cut before a road trip.

"Yeah, um, well, I mean, I just don't get it. I don't understand the rules," Amukamara told the Newark Star-Ledger on Saturday night after the Giants beat the Jets, 26-3. "I mean, I'm not a rookie anymore, so I don't know why I'm getting thrown in the tub. I know it's all love.

"Yeah, no one ever likes it, especially when it's you versus eight and no one's helping you. But it doesn't mess up our team morale or anything."

Amukamara, the team's 2011 first-round draft pick, sometimes resisted or did not go along with pranks and locker-room hijinks last year while other rookies usually took them.

During the video, several Giants players can be heard shouting as Pierre-Paul is carrying Amukamara.

"Prince, what you doing, fool?" one player shouted.

After Amukamara lands in the ice tub, another player tells Amukamara to "stand up for yourself."

"Sometimes I think they take it overboard just because they're vets they get to be mean about it and tell you what to do," Amukamara said in an interview last season with the Newark Star-Ledger. "I just kind of flipped the whole script and kind of had fun with it with being insubordinate a little bit just so it can be more playful, and I think that that whole vibe just creates a great locker room atmosphere."

Amukamara is now the starting cornerback opposite Corey Webster with Terrell Thomas rehabbing an injured right knee.

Pierre-Paul, 23, was the team's first-round pick in 2010. He has emerged into one of the best defensive players in the NFL after having 16.5 sacks last season.

The epitome of class and refinement, what with their DUI's and drag race this off-season, and all that talk about how they don't talk.

hahah the guy got dunked in the ****ing tub.. is america really this soft now, that this is such a huge topic

You're acting like this is new. They make a story out of everything the Jets do too.

Yep.

I hope you knew my title was facetious :)

Well obviously it was facetious, but I mean... double facetious I guess.

haha i know you were joking it around its just dumb how far media takes this type of non story..

and as for what people are suggesting the punishment should be makes it even more hilarious...i heard bayless saying JPP should face a suspension

Only thing that should come from this is Steve Weatherford getting cut, and if Prince is really not happy about it the players should set up a controlled boxing match to let JPP, and Prince settle the issue in house away from the media

Only thing that should come from this is Steve Weatherford getting cut, and if Prince is really not happy about it the players should set up a controlled boxing match to let JPP, and Prince settle the issue in house away from the media

You stay away from weatherford.. you let him go and now he's ours

As for the boxing match i dont have high hopes for prince in that fight

You stay away from weatherford.. you let him go and now he's ours

As for the boxing match i dont have high hopes for prince in that fight

Listen Weatherford can't leak out this kind of thing, he is gonna be hated inside the locker room for this by some, he isn't a star so it's tough to survive this kind of thing in a locker room, only thing is Punters are usually left alone so it could be washed away as long as the guys who are pissed leave him alone, and Weatherford can handle being the outsider.

As far as JPP vs Prince yea nobody would like Prince's chances in this not even Prince, but it would gain him a lot of respect in that locker room if he stepped up, and took the beating, and it would be controlled boxing match with gloves it wouldn't really be a beating, guys will continue to F with him until he steps up, and fights back, or becomes one of the guys, the latter isn't going to happen if it hasn't happened already, and they are still giving him sh*t as a 2nd year player, not to mention a 3rd year player leading the charge, not exactly a Veteran yet if the Vets didn't think Prince was a douche they wouldn't allow him to get picked on by a 3rd year player.

Listen Weatherford can't leak out this kind of thing, he is gonna be hated inside the locker room for this by some, he isn't a star so it's tough to survive this kind of thing in a locker room, only thing is Punters are usually left alone so it could be washed away as long as the guys who are pissed leave him alone, and Weatherford can handle being the outsider.

As far as JPP vs Prince yea nobody would like Prince's chances in this not even Prince, but it would gain him a lot of respect in that locker room if he stepped up, and took the beating, and it would be controlled boxing match with gloves it wouldn't really be a beating, guys will continue to F with him until he steps up, and fights back, or becomes one of the guys, the latter isn't going to happen if it hasn't happened already, and they are still giving him sh*t as a 2nd year player, not to mention a 3rd year player leading the charge, not exactly a Veteran yet if the Vets didn't think Prince was a douche they wouldn't allow him to get picked on by a 3rd year player.

Well prince didnt exactly get hazed last year since he had broke his ankle and from camp reports prince isnt afraid to stand up for himself seeing as he was in a little scuffle with hixon a few times during camp about 2 weeks ago

As for weatherford, everyone loves him and his personality, none of them have had any problems with him and i dont think anyones gonna be mad at this besides coughlin.

Fun fact Cweb Posted a picture of them dumping Reuben Randle in the cold tub a day or 2 before the prince video came out and that wasnt made a big deal of

Archived