Scouts, Inc. ranks Jets at their positions

stoicsentry

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/14504/revis-tops-list-of-scout-inc-s-ranked-jets

Scouts Inc. and ESPN Insider's Matt Williamson have ranked players at all positions in the NFL heading into the 2012 season and the Jets are led by shutdown corner Darrelle Revis. Revis is ranked fifth overall and is one of five Jets in the top 200. Here's how Gang Green fared in the rankings:

QB: Mark Sanchez: No. 31 QB

QB: Tim Tebow: No. 34 QB

RB: Shonn Greene: No. 29 RB

WR: Santonio Holmes: No. 159 overall, No. 24 WR

TE: Dustin Keller: No. 12 TE

OT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson: No. 96 overall, No. 9 OT

C: Nick Mangold: No. 38 overall, No. 1 C

OG: Brandon Moore: No. 193 overall, No. 10 OG

OG: Matt Slauson: No. 50 OG

DE: Muhammad Wilkerson: No. 43 DE

DT: Sione Pouha: No. 20 DT

LB: David Harris: No. 49 LB

CB: Revis: No. 5 overall, No. 1 CB

CB: Antonio Cromartie: No. 29 CB

S: LaRon Landry: No. 35 S

S: Eric Smith: No. 36 S

S: Yeremiah Bell: No. 49 S

K: Nick Folk: No. 18 K

P: T.J. Conley: No. 23 P

You can see all the rankings here (Insider).

A few things stand out:

Sanchez @ 31: Too low. Ponder, Skelton, Weeden, Gabbert, Tannehill, Palmer, Flynn, RG3, Bradford, etc.: at least a few of these guys must be ranked ahead of him. I think he should beat out at least a few of these guys.

Holmes @ 24: Too high. He's only had 1 1,000 yard season, and doesn't stand out at all to me besides making an acrobatic catch here and there. Reminds me a bit of Coles, but his attitude is much worse. I don't even think he should be in the top 32, let alone 24.

Harris @ 49. Seems low, but it makes sense as it seems to include both ILB/MLB and OLB.

Cromartie @ 29: Too low. I wouldn't blame Scouts, Inc. here, I think he's chronically undervalued.

The safeties: Smith @ 36 is only *one* place behind Landry @ 35, and actually 13 spots ahead of Bell @ 49. Part of it, I get - I suspect Smith is undervalued by Jets fans, who really notice him much more because Revis is on the field. All this talk about finding safeties who can shut down the top TE's is ignorant, there are very few safeties in the entire league that can do a good job covering the best TE's. Still, Smith seems too high in comparison with Landry, who can be a pro-bowl type player when healthy, and way too far ahead of Bell.

I'd like to imagine that Keller's, Holmes', and even Greene's low rankings are entirely the result of Sanchez's low ranking. Mostly because I'm a Jets fan and I need to believe things that aren't really true.

I think Greene is ranked low b/c he's just not that good. Same with Holmes.. decent player but his stats are similar to what they were in Pittsburgh, he's a #2 kind of option.

As for Keller, come to think of it, I thought #12 was high for him, not low. You think he should have been higher?

As for Keller, come to think of it, I thought #12 was high for him, not low. You think he should have been higher?

I've learned right here that Keller's DVOA puts him at #32, but in his case (unlike Greene's), I just don't see that low a ranking when I watch him. I'd've probably ranked him in the upper middle, too.

I'd like to imagine that Keller's, Holmes', and even Greene's low rankings are entirely the result of Sanchez's low ranking. Mostly because I'm a Jets fan and I need to believe things that aren't really true.

something something Larry Fitzgerald

Sanchez @ 31: Too low. Ponder, Skelton, Weeden, Gabbert, Tannehill, Palmer, Flynn, RG3, Bradford, etc.: at least a few of these guys must be ranked ahead of him. I think he should beat out at least a few of these guys.

We all hope he's better than that but at this point I wonder

note that Scouts inc has Mangold #1 C, Brick #9 OT, Moore #10 OG that's not the makings of a terrible OL.

We all hope he's better than that but at this point I wonder

note that Scouts inc has Mangold #1 C, Brick #9 OT, Moore #10 OG that's not the makings of a terrible OL.

On the 4th and one against the Giants, these guys all got big push against the Giants DL. However, Hunter's missed block was what caused a loss of two on the play. These guys are all very good. I wonder if Moore couldnt be used at RT and Hunter at Guard? Woody made the transition once

On the 4th and one against the Giants, these guys all got big push against the Giants DL. However, Hunter's missed block was what caused a loss of two on the play.

that's one way to look at it. another is that the play call was vanilla, john conner is a better blocker than runner. They could have pitched to greene and gotten it easily.

Sanchez is ranked too high--there are bench QBs better then him---why? turnovers--and his inability to make plays---he's a one man team killer---we need an act of God or a few bad games to start the season befor he's benched--Sanchez makes everybody on the team worse---even the defensive players--- give Tebow a shot to play and learn---What is there to say? Sanchez is a bad QB and trending down, he makes the Jets offense unwatchable !

How the **** is Eric Smith rated higher than Bell and one lower than Landry? I watch him almost everytime he's on the field and he is absolutely horrible. Makes a decent hit maybe once every two or three games lmao. His only value is on ST, not part of any starting defense, or backup for that matter.

Sanchez is ranked too high--there are bench QBs better then him---why? turnovers--and his inability to make plays---he's a one man team killer---we need an act of God or a few bad games to start the season befor he's benched--Sanchez makes everybody on the team worse---even the defensive players--- give Tebow a shot to play and learn---What is there to say? Sanchez is a bad QB and trending down, he makes the Jets offense unwatchable !

Listen, its not Sanchez's fault that he fumbles, throws picks and is a bad decision maker. That is all Shottenheimers fault.

Seriously though, the Jets were lucky they didnt have to give up the farm to move up to draft Sanchez. After this coming season, have to make a bold move to find a young QB via draft....if they feel one is out there.

Best 11th post of ALL TIME? Friend request on it's way.

fuhgeddaboudit

Archived